Ready Set Go Girls #284

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#51 Wonderstruck

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:29 PM

That's rough Blue Lavender. Any hiccup is always worse during an IVF cycle - here's hoping they can help sort you out tomorrow since it was their mistake. Do you have the meds you need for tonight/tomorrow morning?

#52 SunStarMoon

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:37 PM

How annoying Blue, I would be super frustrated. This is really hard. All we do is wait it seems, life on hold. Wait for period, for bloods, for scans, for calls, for collection, for updates, for transfer, to up medication, to start a new process and the dreaded 2ww. Feels like life is on hold for something you don’t even know if it’s going to ever happen.

Sorry Wango, I hope the news is better than you think, but it doesn’t sound likely

Good luck for the transfer wonderstruck, hopefully the wait goes fast

#53 Wango

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:56 PM

Hi Ladies, big fat negative for me today and it hit me hard.   I  am lucky that I have the flexibility to effectively take my bat and ball and work from home.   So I did!  

So many different and unexpected emotions.   First I was annoyed at myself because it was such a good embryo and ran through all of the what if’s.   Then I felt guilty at being such a sook when I have been incredibly lucky to have my son and some people don’t get that happy ending.  Then I got scared that the other two were lower grade and wouldn’t work either when I’d promised myself that I wouldn’t do another stim.   My sister is 10 weeks pregnant with a whoopsie and I thought it would be nice to be pregnant at the same time so I was disappointed about that.   My three year old keeps talking about his baby sister coming even though we keep trying to tell him that some families only have one baby. So all in all I hid away and lost the plot.

FS can’t see me until 11/3 But I’ve got a phone appointment on 26/2.    So doesn’t look like we’ll do back to back.

On the plus side glad I brought it forward a day couldn’t deal with this on my birthday tomorrow.   41 - I feel so old and defective!

#54 Wonderstruck

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:07 PM

I'm sorry Wango. A lot of what you describe I can relate to.

I hope FS has some words of wisdom for you. Be kind to yourself. This journey is a tough one.

Edited by Wonderstruck, 17 February 2020 - 07:08 PM.

#55 Blue Lavender

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:55 PM

wango I am in the same boat as you and same age. It is particularly hard when the "good" embryos don't take. I worked from home last week, as I did break in to tears a fair bit. Thanks all for responding to me as well- appreciate it. I  have all medication- I'm sure its fine!

#56 SunStarMoon

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:23 PM

I’m so sorry Wango. I think everyone can relate in some way if that helps at all. Take the time to grieve. I’m trying to tell myself just because an embryo is great quality, doesn’t actually mean it’s actually any good. Maybe it’s all looks and no substance, has no staying power. The others might be the ones with the grit to dig in for us

Hope you are okay

#57 *Andi*

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:22 PM

I'm sorry Wango, that is so disappointing. Look after yourself, I hope you can do something nice for your birthday.

I'm so sorry you're feeling down Blue Lavender, and you don't need extra things to worry about! What drugs were in the bag that didn't have the ice pack? Hopefully it's all sorted easily.

Wonderstruck, almost there! Good luck for Wednesday! Thanks for asking after me. When I spoke to the embryologist on Saturday, she said the next update call would be on Tuesday. So I'm pretty nervous for tomorrow, while planning my next stim in my head.

Edited by *Andi*, 17 February 2020 - 09:23 PM.

#58 Blue Lavender

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:06 AM

Good luck to you Andi and WS. I am trying to pick myself up a bit too! Have a good day.

#59 *Andi*

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:26 PM

Finally got the call, they were able to biospy and freeze one embryo. They other one had started to deteriorate. So we're doing better than the last cycle, but that's a lot of pressure on one little embryo!

I asked about the quality, the embryologist said the mature eggs looked good, everything was in the right place. But they did HA ICSI, which is where they use a special substance that's like the outer egg to attract the sperm and find the ones most likely to work. She said they had trouble finding sperm that worked with the substance, but that they did get there in the end.

#60 Wonderstruck

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

How long do biopsy results take these days? Hopefully it goes quick for you?

#61 *Andi*

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:48 PM

I've seen 2-3 weeks at this clinic, but the embryologist today said up to 4 weeks argh!

If it takes the 4 weeks and the result is good, I'll have to get straight into a FET, otherwise I'll have to wait a couple of months as my brother is getting married.

If it's not good I'll hopefully be able to start another stim cycle not long after.

#62 Blue Lavender

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:42 PM

Good luck tomorrow WS!

#63 IamOzgirl

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:11 PM

I’m sorry wango.

It does suck.

I’m 41 and still waiting.

sh*tty week with work not helping matters and my ex deciding now is the perfect time to talk about settlement.

Thankfully I have a friend arriving tomorrow to distract me and I have a short week with my scratch on Friday.

#64 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:36 AM

Distraction always helps OZGirl.

Blast on board and heading off to work. They were running quite late today so I had to empty my bladder a bit which I've never had to do before. The bloating from progesterone wasn't helping I don't think. BT Monday 2 March. I think it would have been Sunday but they're not open for BTs ON Sunday anymore. From memory they did morning clinic on Sundays back when i stimmed.

I may POAS on the Saturday or Sunday before if AF doesnt show up.

Edited by Wonderstruck, 19 February 2020 - 08:37 AM.

#65 Dolled

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

Wish you a all the best for your TWW WS!!

2nd of March is my wedding anniversary, so I hope it brings you good luck :)

#66 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:20 PM

Thank you Dolled. This is FET number 4 and yet I still haven't mastered not turning into a crazy lady during the 2ww. Hoping I can keep busy!

#67 SunStarMoon

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:32 PM

Wishing you luck Wonderstruck

#68 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:25 AM

This 2ww is driving me crazy! 2dp5dt. I'm on more meds than last time yet no real bloating...I know it's early but struggling to find positivity at all. BT isn't until 2 March.

First milestone will be AF not showing up super early like last cycle around 5/6dp5dt...

How is everyone else?

#69 IamOzgirl

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:18 AM

Im sorry Wonderstruck!

Fingers crossed for the first milestone.

I am up super early, in canberra waiting to head to the hospital for my scratch.

#70 *Andi*

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:43 AM

The waiting and analysing symptoms/lack of symptoms is so hard Wonderstruck! Hang in there!

I saw my ob yesterday for the follow-up from my D&C. Confirmed that the mc was due to a chromosomal abnormality - trisomy 22. That's a bit if a relief, that there was an explanation and it's a non-recurring trisomy he said. Just more likely to have these issues as we get older.

#71 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:34 AM

Good luck OzGirl

Andi - glad there was an explanation and just one of those random things. The chances do increase as you age but it happens at the younger ages too just less often. From memory my PGD results matched the approx stat the gave for my age at the time.

#72 *Andi*

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:42 PM

My PGD results were great when I was 29! We got 11 blasts from one cycle - 8 were good, 2 unknown, and 1 had an extra sex chromosome. I wish I didn't have to use our 36/37yo eggs and sperm now!

My nurse spoke to the embryologist and confirmed they will check all the chromosome pairs doing PGT-A - my ob thought they only checked for a few, but that may have been confused with the NIPT I'm thinking. So now I'm hoping it's closer to 3 weeks than the 4, and that it's good news!

#73 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:10 PM

That's a good yield!. I was 28 and had 12 blasts tested. 5 were free of the disease and normal. Of the other 7, 1 was abnormal but didn't have the disease, and the remaining 6 had the disease only or both the disease and abnormalities from memory.

This is embryo no 4 I'm in the 2ww with. One more chance before having to stim again. I'll be 32 if I stim this year.

#74 *Andi*

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:16 PM

I really hope you don't have to stim again! And I hope that one awesome cycle isn't all I've got in me, I've done soo many other cycles with crap results.

#75 Wonderstruck

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:49 PM

Yes. I feel like PGD is a special kind of torture as it adds another level of drop off.

Crossing my fingers for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.