Jump to content

TTC February 2020


  • Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 Inda

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:47 PM

Welcome to the new ladies.

Hoppy - I definitely have all the feelings to the thought of having 2 kids also. I often wonder how on earth I will cope! But I couldn't imagine only having 1. My DD is 21 months and we were hoping for about a 2 year gap.

Good luck with testing Sarah, Placebo and eigne!

AFM - I am CD9 and not expecting to O for another week.

#27 Sarah_434

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:52 PM

So either I'm out this month or implementation bleeding, it's really very light spotting so can't decide yet. Also I think it's about 4 days too early, but might not be I have had 23 day cycles before. Wish there was a way to know without the TWW

#28 eigne

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

I got a BFN on ~CD11 on Sunday so I was very strong and didn’t test today, but I definitely will in the morning for CD13.

#29 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

Hi all

3rd month TTC#3 for us.
We have a 10 year old and a 3 year old .

CD13 for me . I get baaaddddd ovulation pains and this morning they had me doubled over .! So pretty sure I’ve ovulated / am ovulating. Decided to DTD every day during the fertile window as last month I think we missed it .

Fingers crossed this is our month as I’m unsure if we will try next month as the due date will be so close to to my husbands and DS’s bday (early December and they share a birthday !!) .

View PostSarah_434, on 17 February 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

Welcome Hoppy123 and jezzi_belle, good luck for this month

Shame to hear Placebo, May still be too early though.

I tested this morning, I’m not sure if it’s a BFN, I wouldn’t say it’s a BFP though. I think I can see a super faint line, but it maybe wishful thinking. Only DPO12 but could be out by a day or so.

Wait and see what tomorrow brings

Would love to see a pic! I love looking at tests !

#30 Jezzi_Belle

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:36 PM

The short cycles are definitely a bonus - before they settled at 24 they were regularly heading up to 40. I was having Very Annoyed Talks with my uterus about this unacceptable state of affairs *firm stare at abdomen*

Two kids is an adjustment, for the first few years it's mostly just "add twenty minutes to leaving the house and assume someone will need a change/toilet on the way out/as they're strapped in and you'll start all over again". But after the first two to three years, it's fine. And it's AMAZING how easy one kid becomes. Doesn't matter which one. One is a holiday.

I mean, I know people who've gone back for eight kids, so it's obviously possible to have them and stay sane. I assume they have better laundry processing ideas than me though, I could manage food and transport, but I'll be damned if I'm folding all those clothes lol

#31 Sarah_434

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:45 AM

CD1 for me, ended a bit sooner than I expected.

#32 Mingles

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:23 AM

View PostSarah_434, on 18 February 2020 - 06:45 AM, said:

CD1 for me, ended a bit sooner than I expected.

I'm so sorry Sarah. Definitely not implantation bleeding?

#33 eigne

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:11 PM

I’m sorry Sarah. ☹️

I’m out too. I’ve had really bad bloating and stomach pain today and nausea yesterday - after getting a BFN this morning I am 95% sure AF will arrive tonight. Bugger.

#34 Sarah_434

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:15 PM

Definitely AF, I guess O was a bit earlier this month.

sorry to hear eigne, on to the next one

#35 Mingles

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:22 AM

Fingers crossed for next month ladies X

AFM, I think I'm 8 DPO. What day is reasonable to expect a clear BFP? 12 DPO? I was trying not to track and really delay testing after last month's CP but here we are 😏

#36 daisybelle22

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:22 AM

I'm sorry to hear that ladies, it's always disheartening to know you have to go through it all again

This is my first month OPK and this morning (DC10) was my first smiley face :) As I am clomid I was beginning to wonder if I had hormonal changes at all. Fingers crossed for the next few days!

#37 eigne

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:58 PM

I have found this site interesting: https://www.countdow...chart.php?dpo=6

Other research I’ve read suggests that it’s best to wait to at least 11dpo to reduce the chance of a false negative.

#38 ThePlacebo

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

View Post-Carpe Diem-, on 17 February 2020 - 07:00 PM, said:

Hi all

3rd month TTC#3 for us.
We have a 10 year old and a 3 year old .

CD13 for me . I get baaaddddd ovulation pains and this morning they had me doubled over .! So pretty sure I’ve ovulated / am ovulating. Decided to DTD every day during the fertile window as last month I think we missed it .

Fingers crossed this is our month as I’m unsure if we will try next month as the due date will be so close to to my husbands and DS’s bday (early December and they share a birthday)

Your ovulation pains don’t sound fun! But at least you know when you’re ovulating, I guess. When will you be testing?


View PostJezzi_Belle, on 17 February 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

The short cycles are definitely a bonus - before they settled at 24 they were regularly heading up to 40. I was having Very Annoyed Talks with my uterus about this unacceptable state of affairs *firm stare at abdomen*

Two kids is an adjustment, for the first few years it's mostly just "add twenty minutes to leaving the house and assume someone will need a change/toilet on the way out/as they're strapped in and you'll start all over again". But after the first two to three years, it's fine. And it's AMAZING how easy one kid becomes. Doesn't matter which one. One is a holiday.

I mean, I know people who've gone back for eight kids, so it's obviously possible to have them and stay sane. I assume they have better laundry processing ideas than me though, I could manage food and transport, but I'll be damned if I'm folding all those clothes lol

Oh my gosh the laundry. I struggle with it and I only have one lol! It’s never ending!

View Posteigne, on 18 February 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

I’m sorry Sarah. ☹️

I’m out too. I’ve had really bad bloating and stomach pain today and nausea yesterday - after getting a BFN this morning I am 95% sure AF will arrive tonight. Bugger.

Did AF arrive? You’re not out until it does!!

View PostSarah_434, on 18 February 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

Definitely AF, I guess O was a bit earlier this month.

sorry to hear eigne, on to the next one

Sorry to hear Sarah. Fingers crossed for your next cycle.

View PostMingles, on 19 February 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

Fingers crossed for next month ladies X

AFM, I think I'm 8 DPO. What day is reasonable to expect a clear BFP? 12 DPO? I was trying not to track and really delay testing after last month's CP but here we are 😏

It’s different for everyone! You might not get a BFP until after AF is due. Fingers crossed for you and not a CP!

View Postdaisybelle22, on 19 February 2020 - 08:22 AM, said:

I'm sorry to hear that ladies, it's always disheartening to know you have to go through it all again

This is my first month OPK and this morning (DC10) was my first smiley face :) As I am clomid I was beginning to wonder if I had hormonal changes at all. Fingers crossed for the next few days!

Hope you get your peak soon, Daisybelle. Are you BDing?

As for me, I don’t think i ovulated when I thought I did. Should have been CD13 if so, and no BFP and no sign of AF. It’s so annoying not knowing! We didn’t BD much afterwards except for valentines. I guess it’s possible that I ovulate around then. Or I might not have at all yet. CM has been all over the place since I THOUGHT I O’d. Who knows!!

Good luck everyone!

#39 daisybelle22

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:36 PM

View PostThePlacebo, on 19 February 2020 - 01:00 PM, said:



Hope you get your peak soon, Daisybelle. Are you BDing?

As for me, I don’t think i ovulated when I thought I did. Should have been CD13 if so, and no BFP and no sign of AF. It’s so annoying not knowing! We didn’t BD much afterwards except for valentines. I guess it’s possible that I ovulate around then. Or I might not have at all yet. CM has been all over the place since I THOUGHT I O’d. Who knows!!

Good luck everyone!

DH is home tonight and he has been warned ;)

#40 tinkerbell86

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:08 PM

Daisy belle sounds like we are both around O? I got my positive OPK today.

Sorry to hear about the AFs and BFNs.

2 kids is amazing - best thing we ever did! My boys are 3 and 4 and they do a great job entertaining each other. Yes they fight but overall I love having 2! Obviously since we are going back for a third 🤪

#41 missroma

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:55 PM

I'm 8DPO Mingles and I caved and did a test - BFN. Got my hopes up reading some other thread where a few people got a really early BFP. But I think that is the exception rather than the norm! I will try and wait till the weekend.

Not surprised, I should have held out.. I'm been having symptoms, (first was fatigue, then weird twinges/gentle pains in mainly lower left abdomen, stuffy/runny nose, then last night, I thought goats cheese tasted off and my DH thought it tasted just like normal). But I know this could all be psychological!

Sorry to hear that Sarah. Hope the next cycle is the one for you.

#42 Mingles

Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:32 AM

View Postmissroma, on 19 February 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

I'm 8DPO Mingles and I caved and did a test - BFN. Got my hopes up reading some other thread where a few people got a really early BFP. But I think that is the exception rather than the norm! I will try and wait till the weekend.

Not surprised, I should have held out.. I'm been having symptoms, (first was fatigue, then weird twinges/gentle pains in mainly lower left abdomen, stuffy/runny nose, then last night, I thought goats cheese tasted off and my DH thought it tasted just like normal). But I know this could all be psychological!

Sorry to hear that Sarah. Hope the next cycle is the one for you.

Oooh same day then! And lots of positive signs for you! I think I will try and hold out until 12 DPO. I'm only really having the heavy sore boobs but that could be period related 🙄

#43 Hoppy123

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

View Postmissroma, on 19 February 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

I'm 8DPO Mingles and I caved and did a test - BFN. Got my hopes up reading some other thread where a few people got a really early BFP. But I think that is the exception rather than the norm! I will try and wait till the weekend.

Not surprised, I should have held out.. I'm been having symptoms, (first was fatigue, then weird twinges/gentle pains in mainly lower left abdomen, stuffy/runny nose, then last night, I thought goats cheese tasted off and my DH thought it tasted just like normal). But I know this could all be psychological!

Sorry to hear that Sarah. Hope the next cycle is the one for you.


I've been testing since 5DPO despite knowing that its way too early. Taking "10 tests" a day expecting the results to magically change :huh: 9DPO today and I didn't get a positive with my first until 13DPO so I don't know what i'm thinking. I usually only have an 11 day Luteal phase though so if AF doesn't arrive monday I'll have a clue.

#44 Mingles

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:20 AM

View PostHoppy123, on 20 February 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:




I've been testing since 5DPO despite knowing that its way too early. Taking "10 tests" a day expecting the results to magically change :huh: 9DPO today and I didn't get a positive with my first until 13DPO so I don't know what i'm thinking. I usually only have an 11 day Luteal phase though so if AF doesn't arrive monday I'll have a clue.

3 of us on the same day! So how long is your cycle all together? I think mine may be 26 days.

#45 Hoppy123

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:14 AM

View PostMingles, on 20 February 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

3 of us on the same day! So how long is your cycle all together? I think mine may be 26 days.


My cycle is 45 days, or at least it has been for the last 2 cycles. Which is nice as compared to pre baby it was all over the place. However if I'm not pregnant this cycle my next O would have a due date around DD's bday so we'll be skipping that one :huh: cycle after that will be a May O. 45 days is too long :no2:

#46 ThePlacebo

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:17 PM

View Postmissroma, on 19 February 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

I'm 8DPO Mingles and I caved and did a test - BFN. Got my hopes up reading some other thread where a few people got a really early BFP. But I think that is the exception rather than the norm! I will try and wait till the weekend.

Not surprised, I should have held out.. I'm been having symptoms, (first was fatigue, then weird twinges/gentle pains in mainly lower left abdomen, stuffy/runny nose, then last night, I thought goats cheese tasted off and my DH thought it tasted just like normal). But I know this could all be psychological!

I read that implantation most commonly occurs at 9DPO, so most people wouldn’t get a BFP until at least 11DPO. Doesn’t stop me from testing early though haha!

View PostMingles, on 20 February 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:


Oooh same day then! And lots of positive signs for you! I think I will try and hold out until 12 DPO. I'm only really having the heavy sore boobs but that could be period related 🙄

Good luck - sore boobs were my first sign with DD!

View PostHoppy123, on 20 February 2020 - 09:14 AM, said:


My cycle is 45 days, or at least it has been for the last 2 cycles. Which is nice as compared to pre baby it was all over the place. However if I'm not pregnant this cycle my next O would have a due date around DD's bday so we'll be skipping that one :huh: cycle after that will be a May O. 45 days is too long :no2:

Fingers crossed you get your BFP this month!

#47 eigne

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

Yeppppp CD1 today. That has been a strange couple of days. I was very confused!

#48 Sarah_434

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:59 PM

Good luck with the testing, fingers crossed for some BFP for you guys

At least you know know Eigne, good luck for next month


My cycle was only 24 days this time, although was spotting on CD24. Was also quite a short light AF, was medium on CD1 but then very light and now just spotting again on CD3. I did think that it could have been implementation bleeding, I tested but BFN. Now I’m wondering if I just had an off cycle

#49 Mingles

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:22 PM

View PostHoppy123, on 20 February 2020 - 09:14 AM, said:




My cycle is 45 days, or at least it has been for the last 2 cycles. Which is nice as compared to pre baby it was all over the place. However if I'm not pregnant this cycle my next O would have a due date around DD's bday so we'll be skipping that one :huh: cycle after that will be a May O. 45 days is too long :no2:

Oh 45 days is so cruel, definitely fingers crossed for this month x

#50 Mingles

Posted 20 February 2020 - 05:24 PM

View PostSarah_434, on 20 February 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

Good luck with the testing, fingers crossed for some BFP for you guys

At least you know know Eigne, good luck for next month


My cycle was only 24 days this time, although was spotting on CD24. Was also quite a short light AF, was medium on CD1 but then very light and now just spotting again on CD3. I did think that it could have been implementation bleeding, I tested but BFN. Now I’m wondering if I just had an off cycle

That's frustrating, I would've thought implantation bleeding too...


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

 
 
Advertisement
 

Top 5 Viewed Articles

 
Advertisement
 
 
 
Advertisement
 
 
Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.