Dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 lou246

Posted 12 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

Can anyone recommend a dishwasher they love. I need a new free standing one and not sure what to get.
Thanks

#2 BeachesBaby

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:34 PM

We moved into a new house about 2 weeks ago that has a beautiful Asko, but after getting it to work exactly once, it crapped out and the repair was going to be hundreds of dollars. So we just ordered a new Miele, which gets fantastic reviews, and even the repairman said he’d go with Miele if we could.

#3 Coffeegirl

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

Friend of ours built a new house and put all Asko appliances in ‘because they were expensive so they must be good’

by the end of their first year in the house she knew how the repairman took his tea as he’d been there so many times!

we have a Bosch and I love it.   Has a thin tray at the top for cutlery and give you more room in the base for pots/dishes.

has a fast wash of 30 minutes and I use that daily.   Washes pretty much everything well on that cycle.

and it’s quiet!

#4 PrincessPeach

Posted 12 February 2020 - 04:59 PM

we have a fisher & paykel just a basic one, but its awesome.

I also know several peope with dishlex ones & they all rave about them.

#5 nasty buddha

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

Miele.. the one that opens at the end to met condensation out.

#6 chicken_bits

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:14 PM

Bosch. But make sure it's a German made one.

#7 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

View PostCoffeegirl, on 12 February 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

Friend of ours built a new house and put all Asko appliances in ‘because they were expensive so they must be good’

by the end of their first year in the house she knew how the repairman took his tea as he’d been there so many times!

we have a Bosch and I love it.   Has a thin tray at the top for cutlery and give you more room in the base for pots/dishes.

has a fast wash of 30 minutes and I use that daily.   Washes pretty much everything well on that cycle.

and it’s quiet!

This!

I love the separate cutlery drawer and would advise you to get one that has it, no matter what brand you get.

Ours is 4 years old and going strong.

#8 just roses

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:15 PM

chicken_bits, on 12 February 2020 - 05:14 PM, said:

Bosch. But make sure it's a German made one.
This.

Ours is 12 years old and hasn’t skipped a beat.

#9 TheGreenSheep

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

Miele.

Our freestanding one just died after 15years of hard work.
I rang and bought another freestanding and had it delivered and installed. Fortunately it was during a $300 off sale, but I would’ve gone Miele anyway.

Over the years I’ve read raves on EB about Bosch dishwashers, it was definitely my next option.

#10 Tinselonthefloor

Posted 12 February 2020 - 05:57 PM

Miele all the way. Our current rental has one and it's fabulous. I love the cutlery drawer most of all though I'm always rearranging things as most family members conveniently ignore my repeated instructions on how it should be done

#11 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

View Postnasty buddha, on 12 February 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:

Miele.. the one that opens at the end to met condensation out.

Another vote for this one. There was a Miele (base model) in the apartment we rented while Our house was being built... we loved it so much we got the one which opened at the end and I am totally in love. Everything dries.

#12 Moo-me

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:20 PM

I have a Bosch and it’s fine. But the Miele in my office is bomb!! If my apartment didn’t come with a Bosch I’d have bought a Miele for sure!

#13 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 12 February 2020 - 06:28 PM

Ruf~Feral~es, on 12 February 2020 - 05:15 PM, said:

I love the separate cutlery drawer and would advise you to get one that has it, no matter what brand you get.

This only works if your cutlery drawer is next to your dishwasher, otherwise you are back and forward with handfuls of cutlery. Give me a cutlery basket in that situation. I hate unloading MIL's because of this.
Our AEG is 4 years and going strkng. Cheapest model where the power button is hidden on top to the door, essential when you have a toddler who likes to press buttons and turn off the machine mid wash ( happened several times with our old one).

#14 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Miele with cutlery tray.

#15 HamsterPower

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:14 PM

German made Bosch with cutlery tray. Has not skipped a beat and so many people we know say the same . Can’t all be wrong - touch wood:-)

#16 IamzFeralz

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

The dishwasher at my last house had a cutlery drawer.  I didn’t like it that much as carefully slotting the cutlery in by groups is not my cup of tea.

#17 purplekitty

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:38 PM

Our Miele is about 14 years old, still going strong.

I chose the cutlery basket rather than the drawer, still happy with that decision.

#18 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:49 PM

German made Bosch here.  We did have to replace the motherboard as it stopped letting us change cycles.

Cutlery drawer but I totally agree you need your actual cutlery drawer beside it or it would be a total PITA.  Mr AO loves to arrange the cutlery so I just chuck it in and he is in his happy space.

#19 Leslie Knope

Posted 12 February 2020 - 07:52 PM

Bosch FTW!

#20 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 12 February 2020 - 08:13 PM

I went with Siemens (Bosch group) because it has a cutlery drawer and a cutlery tray! 5 year warranty too.

#21 imme

Posted 13 February 2020 - 02:31 AM

I am about to buy a dishwasher and I've read that Miele have won buyer's choice for the last 6 years according to Canstar Blue.  That and the comments here and I'm definitely buying myself a Miele on Saturday!  I am sooooooo looking forward to not washing dishes anymore, it's a chore I really can't stand.

#22 ckmelb

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:21 AM

I just got a brand new Bosch this week to replace an old SMEG. Like others have said I'm loving the 29 min cycle. It came with a cutlery draw and a basket so you can choose which to use

#23 Hands Up

Posted 13 February 2020 - 06:55 AM

We had an asko and it was awesome. Now that we’ve moved we have a dishlux and it’s terrible. We will definitely replace it.

#24 lou246

Posted 13 February 2020 - 09:59 AM

Thanks so much everyone! Obviously it’s worth spending the extra money.

#25 boatiebabe

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:12 AM

I love the Fisher and Paykel dishdrawers.

We had two top drawers installed either side of the sink.

I like the option of having two smaller dishwashers.

If one is washing, you can start stacking the dirties in the other one.

I also hate having to bend over to put things in the washer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.