Fire Fight concert - who's watching?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 BadCat

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:53 PM

I have it on.  Hope it's good.

I would have been there but tix were sold out before I even heard about it. :(

I've heard of Conrad Sewell but couldn't have told you what he sings or what he sounds like.  Turns out he's pretty good. Not really my kind of music, but he's working the small crowd with all his heart, bless him.

Stands are filling slowly.

It's funny, I'm not sure there's any artist on the list that I would go to see as a one off these days, but I'd love to be at this show.

#2 #YKG

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:12 PM

Yep, I started a thread in tv section lol.

Honestly I’m just watching for the music. The inane chit chat of over inflated ego of the hosts is doing me in. I don’t want them, no one does.
Personal experience stories I’m ok with. Hosts need to go. It doesn’t need hosting. It makes Celeste Barber obsolete having the others there.

I love Conrad Sewell a few of his songs I have on my gym play list

Edited by #YKG, 16 February 2020 - 01:13 PM.

#3 BadCat

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, the hosts are a bit pointless.  But I guess they have to do something while one lot leave the stage and the next lot come on.

Surprised Dazza is on so early.  Would have thought everyone singing along with that dreary horses song would have been considered a bit of a highlight.

#4 BadCat

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

Aww, it's sweet that he thinks the crowd knows the songs he released 32 years ago.

Of course I'd be singing along, because I'm old and singing at concerts is an imperative.

Am I un-ozzie for hating The Horses?

Edited by BadCat, 16 February 2020 - 01:33 PM.

#5 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

Ive only just tuned in, who have I missed?

#6 #YKG

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:29 PM

But they could cover the interludes with personal stories, they’ve only done one. The others are pointless chit chat.

This is being televised worldwide next week, the hosts are embarrassing and need to be edited out before this is televised internationally.

Probably who most of crowd missed lol

Lee Kearnigan, Condesa Sewell & Baker Boy

Lol bad cat Horses is still so popular, it’s the “kick out” song at soooo many night clubs and bars, it kinda back fires because everyone just stands hugging, drinking singing and swaying.

Edited by #YKG, 16 February 2020 - 01:32 PM.

#7 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:33 PM

Ta

Glad I didn't miss "that dreary horses song" love it!

#8 #YKG

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:35 PM

Bad cat I’m literally at the gym right now watching and singing to horses lol

I was 2 when the song came out

Edited by #YKG, 16 February 2020 - 01:35 PM.

#9 IamOzgirl

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

What's the aim of the concert? Raising money, or awareness?

Someone needs to start a petition to get our government to take climate change seriously. Today's the day to get it viral.

#10 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

View Post#YKG, on 16 February 2020 - 01:35 PM, said:

Bad cat I’m literally at the gym right now watching and singing to horses lol

I was 2 when the song came out

Hmm showing my age, but I remember being somewhat intoxicated at a party and dancing round pretending i was a horse. I was in the HSC year when it came out. Good times.

#11 #YKG

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 16 February 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

What's the aim of the concert? Raising money, or awareness?

Someone needs to start a petition to get our government to take climate change seriously. Today's the day to get it viral.

100% of ticket sales is being divided amongst charities to help people and animals recover from the fires.

Everyone is donating their time, none of the crew, artists are being paid. The stadium, lighting, staging equipment was donated.

#12 BadCat

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:43 PM

View PostMilly Molly Mandy, on 16 February 2020 - 01:33 PM, said:

Ta

Glad I didn't miss "that dreary horses song" love it!

I know it's super popular.  And I would probably like it more if it wasn't so inexplicably popular now.  I'm a bit of a d*ck like that.  :lol:

So who are we looking forward to seeing?

#13 #YKG

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

Queen & Adam Lambert

I’d be excited about ONJ & John Farnham if I didn’t see them fairly often lol

#14 BadCat

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, I'm a bit excited for Queen.  I adore Adam Lambert.

Also looking forward to KD Lang.  Apparently she's going to sing Hallelujah, and I could listen to her sing that all day long.

#15 Chchgirl

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:53 PM

View PostBadCat, on 16 February 2020 - 01:28 PM, said:

Aww, it's sweet that he thinks the crowd knows the songs he released 32 years ago.

Of course I'd be singing along, because I'm old and singing at concerts is an imperative.

Am I un-ozzie for hating The Horses?

I'm not a fan of it either..😉

Queen and Adam Lambert.  All I need. I also love Adam..

Edited by Chchgirl, 16 February 2020 - 01:54 PM.

#16 Chchgirl

Posted 16 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

I'm not a fan of John Farmham either,  sorry.

#17 #YKG

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:00 PM

View PostChchgirl, on 16 February 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm not a fan of John Farmham either,  sorry.

It’s not that I don’t like him, he’s really nice, but when you pretty much see them on a weekly basis through work, it’s not that exciting lol

#18 Chchgirl

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:03 PM

View Post#YKG, on 16 February 2020 - 02:00 PM, said:

It’s not that I don’t like him, he’s really nice, but when you pretty much see them on a weekly basis through work, it’s not that exciting lol

I like him, just not the songs. Whispering jack came out in the peak of my nightclubbing years and that blardy song killed the dance floor and my vibe each time! It was just so over played..

#19 IamOzgirl

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:04 PM

View Post#YKG, on 16 February 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

100% of ticket sales is being divided amongst charities to help people and animals recover from the fires.

Everyone is donating their time, none of the crew, artists are being paid. The stadium, lighting, staging equipment was donated.

But where is the money going. Apparently after black Saturday they had more money than they knew what to do with.

Is it a telethon?

I just think awareness is a better angle now.

#20 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:09 PM

I heart Baker Boy.

Also excited for Queen and Farnsie. Always been a tragic Johnny Farnham fan girl since I was about 6. We had the age of reason concert taped off telly on VHS and I watched it nonstop.

Edited by Caitlin Happymeal, 16 February 2020 - 02:10 PM.

#21 BadCat

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:14 PM

Oooh, Grinspoon.  They're already winning for that classic leather jacket. Don't mind me a bit of Grinspoon.

I love Chemical Heart.  I might have a bit of a thing for chemicals... a kind of... chemical romance if you will.  :lol:

Edited by BadCat, 16 February 2020 - 02:17 PM.

#22 #YKG

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:14 PM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 16 February 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

But where is the money going. Apparently after black Saturday they had more money than they knew what to do with.

Is it a telethon?

I just think awareness is a better angle now.

From what I understand it’s being spread across, all rural fire services, wires, emergency accom grants through st v de Paul etc. they’ve been pretty transparent where it’s going.

Red Cross got bulk of the money from Black Friday and only used 5% to help people, the rest went to “admin and future needs” so in translation Red Cross doesn’t actually like helping when people need it. A lot of black Saturday people still have t seen a cent from Red Cross despite being approved for grants at the time.

#23 Let-it-go

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

I think they’ve gone too many artists.  Far too much downtime between sets as you always have to reset the stage.  It’s an amazing lineup but I can already tell the hosts, Celeste and all the between stuff is going to annoy the bejeezers out of me.

Looking forward to Queen, Pete Murray, Amy Shark and Peking Duk.  But I’m going out at 5pm so I’ll probably miss my favourites.

#24 Let-it-go

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:19 PM

Oh Pete, love of my life.....those arms.

We are meant to be together one day.  Our respective partners (and Pete tbh) just aren’t aware of it yet.

Swoon.

#25 Heather11

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

https://firefightaus....com/set-times/

Artists and set times for those interested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.