No Show Socks

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bebecita

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

Can anyone recommend some good no show socks to wear under lace up leather shoes?   The ones I've tried either slip under my feet far too quickly or the silicone bit on the back digs into my heel causing pain.

#2 Ozquoll

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:08 PM

Hmmm, I've never noticed the silicone bit digging in, that definitely is not what you want in a sock!

I don't have a specific brand to recommend, but there are heaps of different designs of no show socks on eBay, and they are mostly very cheap - hopefully one of them will be right for you.

#3 lozoodle

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:12 PM

I got some good little ones from k mart surprisingly! I wasn't sure if they'd be any good but they seem to hold in the right place and not slip (and I am really picky about socks being comfortable!)

#4 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:15 PM

Kmart for the win, I’ve tried them all. They are the best fit and most comfortable, but they get stretched and don’t last well. I’d happily pay more for ones that were comfortable and last longer, but I haven’t found any yet.

#5 KACM

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:16 PM

I like the converse ones.

#6 Coffeegirl

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:21 PM

I like the vans ones. They have two styles. One that is quite thin and a thinker padded style

#7 hoohoobump

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

I love the cheap Underworks ones from Woolworths. They don’t cut in at the back like the old Bonds ones used to.

#8 lucky 2

Posted 16 February 2020 - 08:38 PM

Sox and lox, they have a wider silicone strip around the whole edge.
I get the 9-11 size as the smaller ones pull on my toes and are painful after a day on my feet.

#9 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:26 PM

My favourite were from Target. However, I've now changed shoes and can wear Bonds no show socks instead. They are a lot easier to wear.

#10 RichardParker

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:29 PM

Bonds no- show ones are awesome. Lululemon also had great ones, not sure if they still do, but they were expensive.

#11 steppy

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:55 AM

I find all of them quite terrible. If I'm wearing long pants, keysocks are pretty good.

#12 EmmaFY

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:56 AM

I have Bonds ones and Kmart ones. I prefer the Bonds ones as they don't dig in.

#13 LadyGreyTea

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:59 AM

I know this kind of defeats the purpose OP but some cheap $2 shops will sell ankle socks with little pompoms attached to the back ankle area so that the socks don't slip into the shoe.

#14 jkate_

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:53 PM

View Postlozoodle, on 16 February 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

I got some good little ones from k mart surprisingly! I wasn't sure if they'd be any good but they seem to hold in the right place and not slip (and I am really picky about socks being comfortable!)

Another recommendation for the Kmart ones!

#15 MarciaB

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:07 PM

Uniqlo!
https://www.uniqlo.c...html#more_views

#16 seayork2002

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:09 PM

View PostMarciaB, on 18 February 2020 - 01:07 PM, said:

I am so getting those thank you!!!!!

#17 bees-knees

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:20 PM

I'd also vote the K-mart ones. I have tried more brands that I want to count, and these are the only ones that I've been really happy with.

I don't know if I'm talking about the sames ones as PPs, but the ones I like are these: https://www.kmart.co...ootlets/1979862

They live in the stockings section, near knee-highs, as opposed to the sock section. They are fabulous. Sadly, my nearest K-mart is 300km so I make sure I stock up when I'm there!

#18 Let-it-go

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:51 PM

I think the ones I love are H&M

#19 Odd-1-Out

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:05 PM

I like my kmart ones

#20 Soontobegran

Posted 18 February 2020 - 05:08 PM

Bonds........
I get the largest size, they have a little silicone pad that definitely does not dig in.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.