Two nights in Brisbane KID-FREE :)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bees-knees

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

DH has a significant birthday in March, so I've decided he and I are going to go to Brisbane for the weekend. We'll be there on Friday and Saturday nights and will be alone.

I can't image how to plan what we might do when we don't have to take into account things that interest little people, how far we can walk before little legs get tired and how late we can stay out before little people turn into big problems.

Any suggestions for things we must do?

#2 No Drama Please

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:11 PM

I don’t have any ideas either but it sounds exciting. Even just walking round for hours not listening to whinging, and eating at restaurants with candles you don’t have to blow out as soon as you sit down would be good! Maybe try fit in a rooftop bar as well:

https://www.theurban...ars-in-brisbane

#3 ~strawberry~

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:21 PM

When I had 2 child-free days in Brisbane last year I really enjoyed taking a cruise along the river, along with a long walk and lunch at Southbank. It was my first time visiting Brisbane and I just loved everything about Southbank!

#4 carls888

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

I would see a show, visit the art galleries in peace to see what I want to see, eat at a non-kid-friendly restaurant, go to some cool bars for a cocktail, sleep in... :p

#5 can'tstayaway

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:57 PM

I like the Emporium Hotel. It’s in Southbank with beautiful views across the river.

The museum, theatre and GOMA are all within walking distance or you can get the hotel car to drop you off. The restaurants in the hotel are good but Stokehouse on the water is great for lunch. There’s some great bars and restaurants over on Fish Lane. La Lune is an awesome wine bar.  Gauge is a favourite of mine.

Do you know the city well?  What do you like to do?

The Calile is another trendy hotel in the trendy James St precinct. I dine and shop in the area but am not a big fan of the hotel itself.

Then there’s the usual city hotels but I find them a bit staid and boring. Same could be said for the city on the weekends.

#6 little lion

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:01 PM

I agree that Emporium Hotel South Bank (rooftop bar and pool) is pretty special, even just for a drink.

Calile is probably where I’d stay to spend time at James Street shopping and eating. Nearby New Farm park is nice for a walk and you could get on a City Cat there to see Brisbane from the river. Get off at West End for more shopping and eating.

#7 surprisebaby

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:13 PM

The bridge climb is lovely. We did the sunset one, just stunning. Great memories.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.