Second hand iPad help

2 replies to this topic

#1 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:58 PM

Eb, help please!!
My youngest uses assistant technology Proloquo2Go to help communicate. We are looking at a second hand iPad mini for school.
Is there a way I can see if I need an iPad 1 or 2 or what?
Good sellers?
Thanks.

#2 BrainFart

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:46 PM

The minimum iOS should be listed for the app, you’ll find info In the App Store

Then maybe google minimum  iOS for the iPad your wanting to buy

We have a mini and can’t upgrade iOS beyond v9 so it’s pretty restrictive on what apps we can use.

#3 Paddlepop

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:56 PM

The App Store will show what iOS or device each app is compatible with. Looks like you'll need iOS 12.4 at a minimum.
https://apps.apple.c...2go/id308368164

Here's a list of which iPad and Mini models support iOS 12:
https://everymac.com...12-support.html
Seems like you'd need a Mini 2. I have an iPad 4th gen and it doesn't go beyond iOS 10, so you'd something newer than that. 5th gen at least.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.