DISTRESSING - 3 children and woman killed by former partner.

• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

#1 Amica

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:56 PM

This news is breaking so I am sure more will come to light.

Brisbane man Rowan Baxter and his three children — all aged under 10 — have died after the car they were in was allegedly set on fire in Raven Street, Camp Hill this morning.

The mother of the children, Hannah Baxter, was critically injured in the incident.
The ABC understands Ms Baxter jumped from the vehicle and yelled "he's poured petrol on me".

Queensland police attended the scene about 8.30am.
Detective Inspector Mark Thompson said it was not known if an accelerant was used to start the fire.

More below:
https://www.abc.net....isbane/11979628

Edited by Amica, 20 February 2020 - 07:53 AM.

#2 Chelli

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:04 PM

I have no words :(

#3 Paddlepop

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:09 PM

Absolutely horrific. Three innocent children.

#4 Ozquoll

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:14 PM

What evil lives in the heart of man. Peace upon the souls of those little children.

#5 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

Apparently he also had self inflicted knifr wounds.

It truly is horrific and tragic. Those poor kids - they look young enough to still restrained in car seats.

#6 Paddlepop

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:23 PM

The "good bloke" usual crap has started.

Apparently police had attended a domestic violence incident between them previously, and they had separated for the past few months.

#7 MooGuru

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:25 PM

It's freaking awful. What a horrific way to lose your children. I can't imagine what their mother must be going through.

#8 Freddie'sMum

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:34 PM

Don't forget that Pauline Hansen will be the deputy chair into yet another enquiry into the Family Court / family law.  

That poor woman and those beautiful little children. Heartbreaking.

#9 kim27

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:48 PM

I get wanting to end your own life because everything is just too much but why kill the innocent children too? It just makes me so sad and angry.

#10 Lou-bags

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

What a monster of a man. How any parent could inflict such a terrifying painful death on their own children is beyond comprehension (any death, of course, but this is especially heinous).

I don't know how the mother is going to survive this. I don't know if I would want to, to be honest. The pain in my whole body I feel just reading about this is so great, I don't know how anyone could live it. I know that's not the right thing to say. I am just so angry and horrified.

#11 Moukmouk

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:55 PM

He’s been described as an “ex rugby league NRL player”. Played one pre season game. So of course that will make him a good bloke, just under pressure etc etc. Pig. That beautiful woman and her children. The horrible thing is, I heard the first news report that was simply a man and three children were found dead in a burnt car. And I knew.

#12 Flamincrows

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:56 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 19 February 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

Apparently police had attended a domestic violence incident between them previously, and they had separated for the past few months.

Not just one, multiple, and FACS were also involved. Called "instances of family violence'!!

Truly heartbreaking :(

#13 triangle

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

Removed

Edited by triangle, 19 February 2020 - 06:52 PM.

#14 just roses

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:59 PM

View PostPaddlepop, on 19 February 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

Even the image news.com.au chose to use - dad hugging his kids - is grossly inappropriate.

Image of kids, sure. Image of kids and Mum. But do now show them in the arms that evil man who murdered them.

#15 rainycat

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

Absolutely heartbreaking.
I really should stop reading the comments on other sites, mostly blaming the Mum of course.

#16 Amica

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:02 PM

View Postkim27, on 19 February 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

I get wanting to end your own life because everything is just too much but why kill the innocent children too?

It is the ultimate act of revenge and control.

#17 MooGuru

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:16 PM

Has it been confirmed as murder suicide? Just saw the police commisioner maybe saying it was too early to determine if it was a tragic accident or a deliberate act  and any speculation would be inappropriate at this stage. I can't work out if that was from hours ago or just been released.

#18 Kallie88

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:22 PM

Absolutely tragic, those poor children. The police have said they don't have enough information to classify it yet, but I doubt many here will be surprised if it does turn out to be deliberate. Either way, what that mum is going to go through.. it's beyond comprehension

#19 nasty buddha

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:23 PM

Narcissistic pr$%k.

He just wanted control.  

F$%k him.

#20 Astrocyte

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

Nothing could ever justify taking the life of innocent children. These men do it for power and control, and to have the ultimate form of torture and punishment over their partners forever. I don't care if they're stressed or the family court is a pain to deal with.

Edited by Astrocyte, 19 February 2020 - 04:29 PM.

#21 Astrocyte

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

View Posttriangle, on 19 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

quote removed as post deleted

And having to go through the family court is no justification for such an action as we keep seeing happening. We cannot let the narrative become 'divorce/separation is difficult and these men are afraid of losing their kids'. It's more than that and we need to hold these people accountable and call it out without offering them a reason for why they did it. They did it because they are cruel and evil....that is it.

#22 born.a.girl

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:45 PM

View PostMoukmouk, on 19 February 2020 - 03:55 PM, said:

He’s been described as an “ex rugby league NRL player”. Played one pre season game. So of course that will make him a good bloke, just under pressure etc etc. Pig. That beautiful woman and her children. The horrible thing is, I heard the first news report that was simply a man and three children were found dead in a burnt car. And I knew.

Same.  I felt guilty pre-judging, but it's just so typical.

#23 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:50 PM

View Postborn.a.girl, on 19 February 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Same.  I felt guilty pre-judging, but it's just so typical.

yep, same. i knew -first thing i thought -  London to a brick, he’s a family annihilator. so horribly horribly predictable. and so evil - his kids and wife were just possessions to him, if i can’t have them, then no one can. ****ing b*st*rd.

Edited by Lucrezia Bauble, 19 February 2020 - 04:51 PM.

#24 annodam

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:57 PM

What.the.actual.fk!

I am in utter disbelief, speechless, just speechless.
What a senseless waste.

Those poor kids & their mother, oh God...

#25 No Drama Please

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:57 PM

There are absolutely zero circumstances where someone is justified in setting fire to their children; zero circumstances. No family court, no work pressures, no vindictive ex, nothing.

The fact that we have to remind people of that so they don’t jump in with the gee but he was a great dad, vindictive ex, sometimes it all gets too much, makes me feel like ripping everything of my desk and smashing it against the wall.

He was not a great guy. He was a piece of sh*t who murdered his kids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.