Book series for 11 year old girl

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 lozoodle

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:10 PM

My daughter is after a new series to read but is struggling to find something - any suggestions?

#2 robhat

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:19 PM

Has she read Ruby Redfort?

#3 kimasa

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:22 PM

What were the last 3 books she read that she really liked?

#4 lozoodle

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:25 PM

She's just finished a New City which is the book that came after grimsdon and she liked that. I think there is a third one in that series so she's going to try that too.

I think she'd quite like the tomorrow when the war began series but I'm trying to remember how old I was when I first got into it... I think I might have been a bit older. she's in year 6 but she's pretty mature for her age. but that might be better to wait til year 7 or 8 perhaps?

#5 lozoodle

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:26 PM

no haven't heard of ruby Redfort, looking it up now!

#6 Lifesgood

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:40 PM

How about the Once / Then / After series by Morris Gleitzman?

#7 kadoodle

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:42 PM

Wings of Fire series by Tui Sutherland
Warriors series by Erin Hunter
My Sister is a Vampire by Sienna Mercer

#8 xx1stxx

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:44 PM

Baby sitter club, if you can still get them.

#9 Lime-Polka-Dot

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:45 PM

Maybe showing my age but know they're still around in hard copy/ google books I adored the babysitters club (ok I am embarrassingly admitting I still read these from time to time and totally get the nostalgia factor is there for me that wouldn't be there for a younger reader)

#10 Prancer is coming

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:52 PM

Harry Potter
Nythung by Emily Rodda
Percy Jackson series
Famous Five
EJ the spy (the older kid’s version).

do you have a library near you?  My kids often find book series there they like the look of. Or it is related to their sports, hobbies etc.  Non fiction can be enjoyable too.

#11 lozoodle

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:53 PM

She wasn't into babysitters club sadly which is a shame as I had so many. Then again she might enjoy them if she tried now she's a bit older...

Thanks heaps for the suggestions. She's asked to go to the library tomorrow so we've got a few ideas now to get started with :)

#12 kadoodle

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:07 PM

Horrible Histories by Terry Deary is awesome.

#13 Claudia Jean

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:13 PM

Series of unfortunate events
Anne of GG

#14 MrsPuddleduck

Posted 21 February 2020 - 09:37 PM

L.M. Montgomery?

#15 Jingleflea

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

Terry Pratchett.

His series (3?) aimed at teen girls would be good. Wintersmith, A Hatful of Sky and the Shepherds Crown.

Also ANY Discworld book!

I read "Beauty" and "Spindle's End" by Robin Mckinley at around the same age, still love them.  Retellings of fairy tales.

#16 Bereckii

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:11 PM

Nevermoor (and also the second book in the series: Wundersmith) by Jessica Townsend

https://www.hachette...ssica-townsend/

#17 lozoodle

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:16 PM

View PostMrsPuddleduck, on 21 February 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

L.M. Montgomery?

ooh yes!!! I'm sure I've got some books somewhere, I might go to mum's and see if they're still boxed up at her place.

#18 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:29 PM

My dd loved Wings of Fire and the Spirit Animals series.

#19 BusbyWilkes

Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:18 PM

Another vote for Ruby Redfort. Around 10 books in the series, so would keep her busy if she likes them.

Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer.

Hunger Games - my kids read at 11, but may not be suitable for all.

#20 JustCurious100

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:00 AM

Goosebumps?

#21 UndergroundKelpie

Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:03 AM

My DD11 is starting to read some Steven King. She cried during Hearts in Atlantis and thought Cujo was silly.

#22 Chook81

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:45 AM

Scarlet and Ivy

#23 Riotproof

Posted 22 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

Judy Blume.

Edited by Riotproof, 22 February 2020 - 08:29 AM.

#24 rainycat

Posted 22 February 2020 - 09:00 AM

My 10yr old is currently reading and enjoying The Chronicles of Narnia. She also enjoyed Anne of Green Gables too, my old book I found in the shed!

#25 Fluffy Potatoes

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:23 AM

Seven Little Australians
The Billabong Series
The Redwall Series
The Hobbit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.