Pyjamas for teen.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 chiars

Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:59 PM

My DD13 needs new pyjamas. She has usually worn Kmart or Target in the past but of course these are considered too 'babyish' for her now.   

She sometimes wears little bike shorts and t-shirts but has asked for 'proper' pyjamas for sleepovers, camps, etc

Can anyone recommend any? She mentioned Peter Alexander but they seem pretty expensive.

I usually sleep in just knickers, or leggings and singlet in winter so not much help.

Thanks.

#2 lizzzard

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:08 PM

Peter Alexander are expensive but they are really good quality and  last very well in my experience. How about Bonds - they have some ‘lounge wear’ options that’s would classify as pjs

#3 robhat

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

Does she fit into the smaller adult sizes? My 12 year old gets some of her clothing, including PJs from the women's section of Kmart/Target/Big W. I've also sewn her some. Usually just the bottoms which she wears with a t-shirt.

#4 Beanette

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

I find Next have good clothes for kids, not too expensive and the quality is good.

https://www.next.com...st520671#946397

https://www.next.com...st520668#783707

https://www.next.com...st520664#107804

I don't like Peter Alexander pjs personally as I find they always shrink, even when they're not put in the dryer. I'm 5'9 and the pants always end up well above my ankles.

#5 got my tinsel on

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

About that age I started buying long sleep pants from Best and Less (light weight stretch ones for Summer and flannelette for Winter) for DD, teamed with singlets/t-shirts/long sleeved t-shirts depending on the weather.

Edited by got my tinsel on, 25 February 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#6 seayork2002

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:18 PM

DS is now in adult sizing so I save his old character tshirts to go with his pajama shorts

so he may have a navy pair of shorts with a grey tshirt but it 'goes' or we stick with plain pj's - he takes these to camps/sleepovers too

I would do the same for a girl, I am not buying expensive items to sleep in but if DS wants them as a Bday / Christmas present sure

#7 hills mum bec

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:32 PM

My DD15 loves all the PJ's I buy for her from the Kmart ladies section.  They have some great ones and start at a size 6.

#8 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:35 PM

Small adult sizing.

Or cotton on.

#9 Moukmouk

Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:39 PM

Peter Alexander PJs are lovely and I've found they last really well. If you sign up for their emails they always have sales and specials. DD is 12 and tall so the womens ones work well on her. She likes a slightly thicker or looser top. Uniqlo has some nice ones, and I have some old ones from Sussans that have lasted really well.

#10 Christmas tree

Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:02 PM

Peter Alexander do a great sale if she is not desperate for a particular design or if you can get to an outlet they have great markdowns there.  Otherwise perhaps something like cotton on sleepwear are a bit cheaper?

#11 amdirel

Posted 25 February 2020 - 03:28 PM

I could have written your post OP. DD 14yo doesn't like kids pjs, currently wears just t-shirts and random shorts, wants peter Alexander, which I cannot justify the cost, and has a waist too teeny tiny for adults sizes.
So she's sticking with the random shorts and t-shirts for now!

#12 BeAwesome

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:01 PM

Maybe Cotton On Body for a cheap pair, and splurge on Peter Alexander for a 'good' pair.

#13 Mumsyto2

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:19 PM

I second PA. Good for teens and good quality as they last so you do get your money’s worth from them. Ours have never shrunk and everyone in household wears them. I do gentle wash, cold water and they have never been in the dryer.

#14 Kreme

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:28 PM

My daughter wears the smallest size women’s pjs from Target or Kmart.

I have a mixture of PA, Sussan and Myer pjs. I certainly wouldn’t describe the PA ones as being any better quality.

#15 kerilyntaryn

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:37 PM

My daughter buys hers from Kmart or best and less ladies section

#16 IamOzgirl

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

Cotton on, and kamrt/target but from the adult section.

#17 zenkitty

Posted 25 February 2020 - 04:48 PM

Cotton On or another cheapie brand for now, watch out for PA sales and buy her some for birthday/Christmas.

#18 Ivy Ivy

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:04 PM

I have just started buying Peter Alexander but only buy them on sale given their prices.  The sales they have (old stock, last season, I get them online) are great though - 50% or more off.  I wait for the prices to drop and really clean up.

Edited by Ivy Ivy, 25 February 2020 - 05:04 PM.

#19 onetrick

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:06 PM

The quality of PA is actually really good- I have some from 7 or so years ago and they have been stretched through 2 pregnancies but still look and feel pretty good!
I never pay full price though, as they go on sale so frequently. I wouldnt pay more than $20 for the shorts, and I'd recommend printed shorts and plain top so she can mix and match :) I love the super stretchy tshirt material tops, but there are others a 13yo might prefer.

If you dont have time to wait for a sale, I've found some decent pjs in big w ane target previously.

#20 Hellbent

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:11 PM

View Postlizzzard, on 25 February 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

Peter Alexander are expensive but they are really good quality and  last very well in my experience.

I second this.  Expensive, but great quality.  They last forever!

#21 Babetty

Posted 25 February 2020 - 05:16 PM

PA are "present" PJs in my extended family - perfect for birthdays and Christmas but I always buy in the outlet stores, never full price!

#22 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:22 PM

My girls (17 & 18) live in Peter Alexander PJ's (they get new ones at Christmas, birthdays and Easter) They last really really well. I use the handwash cycle on the machine, never had a problem with shrinkage. I have a couple of nighties, love the comfort factor and no stretching.

They also love Cotton On Body ones.

#23 Leslie Knope

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

Cottonon are good and reasonably priced. They also often have twofer deals.

#24 Mmmcheese

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Uniqlo?

#25 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Hmmm. My pa’s when saggy and lost all elasticity. Saggy and miss-shaped. I know they’ve never been washed on hot - always cold.  Dh may not have done them on delicates but I’ve had other delicates survive once or twice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.