Beginning of my life of crime...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#26 Freddie'sMum

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:59 AM

You went out of the house with TWIN babies and did an Aldi shop too?  You deserve a medal OP, you really do.

I've done exactly the same thing.  I had the baby in the seat of the trolley, holding the hand of the toddler, pushed us all through the checkout and realised when I had strapped the kids into their car seats, and was packing the boot with groceries, I had forgotten to scan X item (I can't even remember what it was).  

And then I thought "I am here every single week, I spend at least $250 per shop, and it was purely accidental" so I didn't think any more about it.

#27 Soontobegran

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:00 AM

At least you didn't employ one of your twins to do it for you.

I was in Target with a twin stroller ( baby in the back and 15 month old up front ) and managed to shop and get back to the car to find a coat hanger with 3 pairs of undies tucked in behind DD1.

I put the children and the undies into the car and went home and my only lament was that she'd stolen size 8/10 which I have not been ever.

Good on you for getting out.....just mark it down to experience.

#28 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:03 AM

DD was holding a packet of tea as we went through the checkout, I only realised after I’d paid. Checkout guy looked at the long line behind me and told me not to worry. I felt bad for ages!

#29 Freddie'sMum

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:06 AM

Oh - spr_maiden - I drove through a red light once totally by accident.  There was no traffic about, and I wasn't concentrating and I just sailed right through like I was a visiting VIP !!

#30 IamtheMumma

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:07 AM

I bought a limo pram when mine were that little bit older. The side by side allowed them access to both aisles. I gave up returning stuff they'd pinched and this was after me doing a rummage at the checkout for "extras". Someone would be sitting on something and I'd find it after I'd put them both in their carseats.

Welcome to the Shoplifters Are Us club.

#31 Yippee-Ki-Yay

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

At least it was not intentional! My mother, when she was in her 50's and we were at an OP shop with my kids stole two crochet hooks. It not like she couldnt pay for it. She didnt tell me until we got back home. Then she proceeded to talk in front of the kids about how exciting it was. The woman was exhausting. Still miss her though.

But, congrats on a bit of time to do a proper shop! I will forever be astounded at the abilities of parents of multiples. I hope the desserts were yummy.

#32 spr_maiden

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:38 AM

View PostRomeo Void, on 26 February 2020 - 08:37 AM, said:

The police just send you a text message.  Ask me how I know LOL...

Bahahaha phew!

#33 Jingleflea

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

I once went to a cafe I'd never been to before(or since) while getting new tires put on the car.

Ordered my hot chocolate and was told to pay after I was done,m before I left.

Of course by the time I finished I'd completely forgotten I hadn't paid and walked out.

Next thing I hear is the counter girl running after me calling out that I hadn't paid.

Stupid idea to not pay at the time of ordering!

#34 Lady Gray

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:51 AM

This thread is hilarious.  I've stolen toilet paper and nappies a few times.  Usually because they were hung onto the side of the pram and then I'd put the grocery bag over it and just not seen them or I've shoved it underneath the pram and just missed it when I was doing the self-check-out.  I no longer leave things in the bottom of the pram, too easy to forget about when you're unpacking and trying to wrangle the kid back into the house.

This week I left coles without paying for my groceries after the pram tipped over when I was about to pay.  It completely threw me and I just forgot to swipe my card.  I did go back though.  I genuinely wasn't sure if I paid or not, thankfully the lady at the self-checkout remembered and was understanding.  

It really is awful what sleep deprivation combined with the mental load of being a parent does to a person's brain.  Mine currently feels like it is about to leak out of my ear I'm so tired.

#35 spr_maiden

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:55 AM

View PostFreddie, on 26 February 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

Oh - spr_maiden - I drove through a red light once totally by accident.  There was no traffic about, and I wasn't concentrating and I just sailed right through like I was a visiting VIP !!

Like a VIP, hahaha, thank you that's given me a great giggle.

#36 MissHLH

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:48 PM

I once stole 20kg of kitty litter.  I unloaded all of the other groceries and just forgot to tell the checkout person they were there, and they didn't notice them either.  I kept meaning to pay for them the next time I went shopping but never remembered.

#37 cstar

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

View Postspr_maiden, on 26 February 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

The worst one I've done was only a couple of years ago so can't even blame babies making me sleep deprived.
I 100% forgot to pay for petrol. Just drove off like nothing was amiss. I realised about an hour later,  and panicked. Called the petrol station "I'm so sorry,  I don't know what happened,  I'm coming back now!!"
Luckily,  I realised when I did because the station has a policy of reporting to police every 2 hours all the fuel thefts. They happen all day long!
The attendant was really nice about it, I was deeply embarrassed. I would have peed my pants if an officer knocked on my door to collect lol.

I did go in to pay for petrol and the person behind the counter put in lets say 5.50 instead of $50.55, I of course didn't look as I had 3 kids in the car waiting for me, so I paid with cc and left, a few days later my DH gets a call (as the car was registered to the business) from the police saying I had put petrol and did a runner. My DH said "My wife, I don't think so", because it's obviously not something I would ever do.

Anyway, went back and fixed up the mistake, but the cheeky attendant tried to blame me saying I did a runner.

As for accidentally stealing stuff, I'm sure I have, I just can't remember that far back.

#38 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:18 PM

View Post(feral)epg, on 25 February 2020 - 10:44 PM, said:

I found a stowaway cucumber under my shopping bags last week.

I didn't go back to pay for it.

I'm going to burn in hell.

(I didn't even have any children with me, just too many shopping bags)

I had children with me but they are six and nearly 11. And it was a roll on deodorant.

#39 PrincessPeach

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:51 PM

I had a toy from Myer which wasnt scanned - never realised until a few days prior to Christmas when I found tne receipt for the stuff I was wrapping.

I'd bought the thing a good 6 months earlier as the closest Myer at that point in time was nearly an hour away.

#40 chicken_bits

Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

When green bags first came in I accidentally stole a garlic. I didn't see it in the bag when I took stuff out of it to unload onto the checkout and then started putting stuff back in.

#41 Murderino

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:34 PM

View Postseayork2002, on 26 February 2020 - 08:55 AM, said:

Not exactly related but I go to 2 cafes regularly one where you pay and order and one where you order than pay at the end

Then we go to random cafes

I feel like warning them at the beginning if we walk off with not paying we will remember and come back it is not intentional!

I went to dinner with a big group where you order and then pay at the end. There’s very few nice places in town that still do it like that so when I left (first) I rushed out to get the kids and forgot to pay.

As I was falling asleep I remember so sent the messenger group of dinner guests a message saying Oh my god I’ve just realised I forgot to pay on the way out. One was awake and laughed telling me they thought it was me and who had paid so I could pay her back.

View PostPrincessPeach, on 26 February 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

I had a toy from Myer which wasnt scanned - never realised until a few days prior to Christmas when I found tne receipt for the stuff I was wrapping.

I'd bought the thing a good 6 months earlier as the closest Myer at that point in time was nearly an hour away.

You’ve reminded me - I bought shoes at Myer years ago - two pairs of the same style in different colours. Weeks later I checked the receipt for something else and realised they’d only charged for one but I remembered putting the two together on the bench. They were very different colours so it should have been obvious. I left it.

#42 spr_maiden

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

Cstar, that's incredibly cheeky of the staff member. How rude!

#43 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:47 PM

Mine was little baby shoes. Sat them on top hood of the pram. Got to the car, in winter, raining and about five degrees. Put the babies in the car. Unload the shopping. Fold the pram and the shoes fall out as I lift it into the car.

No way was I getting the babies out of car seats and back into the pram in that weather in order to return to pay. I took them in the next time I was there and they laughed at me and wouldn't let me pay.

#44 Kaz83

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:52 PM

Well I did the opposite last week.... went through the self serve at Kmart and left the glitter glue behind I paid for. I have no recollection at all of what happened between scanning it and leaving the store... I dont have the receipt. I was too preoccupied with the next 50 things I had to do.
Its not the 1st time Ive done it through the self serve either!!

#45 IamOzgirl

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:03 PM

I swear it worst with this while bring your own bags thing.

I almost stole a bottle of wine.

The guy thank me when I figured it out because they didn’t have alarms on the store I could have easily left with it.

#46 Mooples

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:20 PM

A few weeks ago I was loading the groceries onto the belt and turned around to see 2 year old ds trying to eat a Kit Kat he had picked up through the wrapper. I added it on and paid for it but I wish he had at least picked a chocolate bar I like. We have left with a few extra items he’s picked up along the way a few times. Once he left a store with 3 happy birthday daughter cards, I took those back as with no daughters I couldn’t see a use for them!

#47 JustBeige

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:39 PM

View PostBacktoschoolchef, on 25 February 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

Haha you wouldn't be the first mum to do something crazy in your sleep deprived state. Ive done some shockers, like left the house unlocked.

Glad it otherwise went well.
I did that soooo many times.  House unlocked and front door wiiiiide open - we were so lucky we had a screen door, so people just couldnt walk in, or see clearly from the street that it was open.

The horror that I felt coming home seeing the door (thinking we have been burgled) and then realising that,. no. I just wandered out and left it unlocked.

#48 NeedSleepNow

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:43 PM

I’m in awe of you managing an Aldi shop with twins, OP!

I accidentally forgot to scan a box of nappies once and didn’t realise until I got home. I went back the next day to pay, but DH carried on like i was only a couple of steps away from commanding the prison yard!

#49 Chelli

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

I walked out of a cafe with my kids and forgot to pay. I was in a hurry and had an appointment, so I just bundled them up and left. Being in a small town, they would have known it was me as I was a regular as well. I was driving to the appointment when it dawned on me that I hadn't paid. I was mortified and pulled over on the side of the road to call them and apologise.

#50 123Tree

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:56 PM

View Postspr_maiden, on 26 February 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

The worst one I've done was only a couple of years ago so can't even blame babies making me sleep deprived.
I 100% forgot to pay for petrol. Just drove off like nothing was amiss. I realised about an hour later,  and panicked. Called the petrol station "I'm so sorry,  I don't know what happened,  I'm coming back now!!"
Luckily,  I realised when I did because the station has a policy of reporting to police every 2 hours all the fuel thefts. They happen all day long!
The attendant was really nice about it, I was deeply embarrassed. I would have peed my pants if an officer knocked on my door to collect lol.

I did this and the police called me up on the phone and told me to go back and pay. So very embarrassing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.