Beginning of my life of crime...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 little lion

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

I find the Aldi experience rather stressful. And that’s just me with a somewhat helpful five-year-old and a short list of groceries. Good on you!

#52 123Tree

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:03 PM

I once had a carton of beer in my trolley at the bottle shop. I got out all the wine to scan individually but forgot to ask them to scan the beer.

I went back in as soon as I realised as I hadn’t gotten far. I think being busted shoplifting alcohol with kids in tow would be very hard to live down.

#53 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:22 PM

I forgot to pay for a toy fire engine my son had grabbed at Kmart once. He was sitting in the trolley I think, so he must have been almost 1. I went back and paid. We still have that fire engine.
I only had one baby with me, but in my defence, I was also pregnant at the time.

#54 Nasty Bunsen

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:30 PM

My sleep deprived speciality used to be going to the supermarket, paying for my groceries then leaving them behind and going home empty handed... I’m sure it all evens out for the shops in the long run

Edited to add:
I once donated a scooter to the local IGA, finally managed to retrace my steps many weeks later and remembered where I’d left it... it was in the office waiting for me!

Edited by Nasty Bunsen, 26 February 2020 - 08:33 PM.

#55 spr_maiden

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:03 PM

View Post123Tree, on 26 February 2020 - 07:56 PM, said:

I did this and the police called me up on the phone and told me to go back and pay. So very embarrassing.

Eeekkk, I feel for you!

#56 BECZ

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:20 PM

My housemate forgot to pay for petrol once.  There were 6 of us living in a large house and the poor guy asked if anybody wanted anything.  Well he got stuck having to buy 9 Magnum ice creams and the petrol station was out of the main flavour that people wanted.  He was so flushed in the end, trying to get everybody the flavour they wanted that he paid for the ice creams, but forgot to add the fuel.

The police came to the door, but they were fine with it as the attendant had told them that he was a regular and that it took him forever to get everybody’s ice creams and that he was sure that it was an accidental.  

It was the only late night place around and my housemates quite often got the munchies late at night.

#57 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:34 PM

I stole a 30kg bag of potting mix from Bunnings recently. I'm my defence, it was right there on the bottom half of the trolley along with some plants on the top. Not sure how the sales assistant missed it, but there you go.

#58 Fizgig

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:31 AM

View PostBECZ, on 26 February 2020 - 01:11 AM, said:

That’s ok.  It’s either they didn’t change the ticket to the reduced price or it was their stuff up!

You’re right. I googled today and is was actually reduced (to 1/3 of the original price) but no reduced ticket on the shelf. Phew! I’m not evil after all.

#59 Ozquoll

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:09 AM

DH and I disagree on the interpretation of the following story from a couple of years ago...I think DH had a rare moment of naivety about this, but I'll let you be the judge....

DH: "I'm not going to shop at X [our local independent alcohol retailer] anymore - they were so rude to my workmate Z!"

Me, thinking this is rather weird as they are always lovely in my experience: "What did they say to him?"

DH: "He went in to buy a bottle of wine. He had totally forgotten he still had a bottle of wine in his backpack that he bought there two weeks earlier, and they accused him of shoplifting it!"

Me: "Babe, no-one "forgets" they have a bottle of wine in their backpack for two weeks - your workmate DID steal that wine."

DH: "No, no, he really forgot about it! Why would he tell me that story if he HAD shoplifted the wine?!"

Me: "Isn't Z the one who is always boasting about how rich his family are, but is a bit weird about the details of what they actually did to get rich? Maybe his family are dodgy and so is he?"

DH: "Hmmm"

He still insists that his workmate made a genuine mistake, but he has relaxed his stance about not shopping at that grog shop, so I suspect he knows deep down his workmate was full of sh*t....

#60 Jingleflea

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:18 AM

And after stealing the wine, why carry it around for 2 weeks?
So weird.

#61 Ozquoll

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:33 AM

^^^
Well, the workmate's story was that he legitimately bought the wine at the store two weeks earlier, and it had been in his backpack that whole time.

Just doesnt pass the smell test to me, that story....

Edited by Ozquoll, 27 February 2020 - 06:35 AM.

#62 Ozquoll

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:34 AM

DP.

Edited by Ozquoll, 27 February 2020 - 06:34 AM.

#63 Jersey Caramel

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:02 AM

View PostOzquoll, on 27 February 2020 - 06:33 AM, said:

^^^
Well, the workmate's story was that he legitimately bought the wine at the store two weeks earlier, and it had been in his backpack that whole time.

Just doesnt pass the smell test to me, that story....

Ha...a chocolate bar or something small I can understand,  but a bottle of wine is heavy! I'm with you.

#64 BECZ

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:29 AM

View PostJersey Caramel, on 27 February 2020 - 07:02 AM, said:

Ha...a chocolate bar or something small I can understand,  but a bottle of wine is heavy! I'm with you.
Yes.  Definitely not something you don’t notice.

#65 seayork2002

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:48 AM

View PostBECZ, on 27 February 2020 - 07:29 AM, said:

Yes.  Definitely not something you don’t notice.

Well in my defense carrying around a jar of pasta sauce in my handbag for a week is normal where i live...i am trying to convince my self

I did pay for it though!

#66 IkeaAddict

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:06 AM

I accidentally stole razor cartridge things and toothbrush heads in on shop when DS was a baby. And I only had one child LOL. In my sleep deprived state I must have had them sitting on the foldy bit of the pram at the top and they slipped down so couldn't be seen. I did wonder at the checkout why the stuff I bought was so cheap and didn't realise till I put the pram in the car. I was too scared to go back to say what had happened

#67 BECZ

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:14 AM

View Postseayork2002, on 27 February 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

Well in my defense carrying around a jar of pasta sauce in my handbag for a week is normal where i live...i am trying to convince my self

I did pay for it though!

Haha!  How much ‘stuff’ have you got in your handbag?!

Whatever makes you feel better!

#68 BECZ

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:19 AM

View PostIkeaAddict, on 27 February 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

I accidentally stole razor cartridge things and toothbrush heads in on shop when DS was a baby. And I only had one child LOL. In my sleep deprived state I must have had them sitting on the foldy bit of the pram at the top and they slipped down so couldn't be seen. I did wonder at the checkout why the stuff I bought was so cheap and didn't realise till I put the pram in the car. I was too scared to go back to say what had happened

At least you chose something of value!

#69 seayork2002

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:20 AM

View PostBECZ, on 27 February 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:

Haha!  How much ‘stuff’ have you got in your handbag?!

Whatever makes you feel better!

It is not intentional!

I just seem to go into a routine of having a large bag so dump shopping in it then forget then dump more stuff on top, complain I can never find my phone or keys then the cycle continues.

Mind you I have rescued people who desperately need things such as emery boards/nail clippers/pliers/batteries/strip thing so they can get into their very old car/tissues anything weird is in there.

I give wacky and crazy a whole new meaning!

#70 Freddie'sMum

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:23 AM

On the flip side, I was once rushing into the supermarket to pick up half a dozen things and the total was almost $70 !  I was surprised at the time but there was a queue behind me and so I rushed off home.  

Got home, checked my docket and I had accidentally chosen the most expensive jar of honey on the shelves.  I think it was close to $40 !  It certainly wasn't the regular honey I buy for the kids, so I took my docket and the expensive honey back and got a refund.

#71 MadMarchMasterchef

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

View PostOzquoll, on 26 February 2020 - 08:24 AM, said:

^^^
Very odd - they are a couple of dollars a kilo dearer here!

Yeah the truss ones are nicer IMHO.  I guess it depends where they are grown.

#72 BECZ

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:30 AM

View Postseayork2002, on 27 February 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

It is not intentional!

I just seem to go into a routine of having a large bag so dump shopping in it then forget then dump more stuff on top, complain I can never find my phone or keys then the cycle continues.

Mind you I have rescued people who desperately need things such as emery boards/nail clippers/pliers/batteries/strip thing so they can get into their very old car/tissues anything weird is in there.

I give wacky and crazy a whole new meaning!

You sound like my mum!
I purposely bought her a smaller handbag for Christmas some time ago.  It worked for a little while.

#73 Lady Monteagle

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:09 AM

The proprietors of my local bakery still say to me, "No, you put those loaves of bread in your trolley now and THEN pay me", due to the number of times they chased me into the carpark with bread I'd paid for then left on the counter...

I also accidentally shoplifted easter bunnies from Big W.  In a pram, just like everyone else.

#74 Jingleflea

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:20 AM

And now I know why my first retail manager told me to check prams...

#75 Kaz83

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:36 AM

View PostJingleflea, on 27 February 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

And now I know why my first retail manager told me to check prams...

Yep, us Mums with prams are all small time crims... AND we have our own parking bays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.