Beginning of my life of crime...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76 DaLittleEd

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:22 PM

I have been leaving the front door open/unlocked, and forgetting to pay for bits of shopping, and leaving my paid for groceries behind at the checkout since before I even had a child...

#77 ~elle~

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:39 PM

I managed to pay for the wrong fuel at the servo - said the wrong number  ( I was having a bit of a day and kids were in school so … ) luckily they figured it out before I left the shop and just voided it and did the correct pump.

#78 MadMarchMasterchef

Posted 28 February 2020 - 11:57 AM

View Postcstar, on 26 February 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Anyway, went back and fixed up the mistake, but the cheeky attendant tried to blame me saying I did a runner.

There are some people that try to deliberately pay for  somebody elses petrol instead if its cheaper. I had it happen to me and the attendant wanted me to pay for the more expensive amount.  Um, NO!!!!!!

#79 EmmaFY

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:46 PM

When DS was about 4 weeks old I took myself out to a cafe. Ordered a lovely brunch, ate it, realised my boobs were leaking everywhere so ducked into the toilet (opposite direction to pay station) to try and clean myself up... and then walked back to my car without paying. Wasn't til I got home I had remembered I still needed to pay, so rang up to do so over phone. The guy didn't even realise I'd not paid. Almost got away with it! From that day on, I became The Honest Criminal.

#80 newmumandexcited

Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:15 PM

I regularly do this and just move on with
My life.

#81 Bono25

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:22 PM

I remember walking out with a onesie from big W when DS was a baby.  I had bought a heap of stuff, and I just didn't see it at the bottom of the trolley.  I wanted to go back, I felt really bad, but DP just laughed at me.

Another time they checked our pram when ds was really little.  Said they had to, because people fill them up with stuff, then pull the cover down and try to walk out with it.  Happened last year!

#82 Luci

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:17 PM

When my sister was about 3 years old she shop lifted a very realistic looking toy gun from a Kmart or Target in Adelaide. Was in the early 70’s, no doubt the sort of toy that has long since been banned. They got back to the car & she pulled  it out from under her jumper like a true criminal.  Mum had a great sense of fun but she was a very honest person & her first thought was to go back and pay. But she wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to walk up to the service counter and pull a gun out of her handbag so she let my sister keep the gun.

#83 *bucket*

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:31 PM

I paid for several items at Target once, and it was only after I got back to car, and had packed child and items in, that I went to put pram away and discovered bag of nappies hanging, in plain sight, from handle. I forgot. Checkout guy either didn't see them, or didn't want to ask. I didn't go back.

When DD was 1, and DS 4, DS pushed DD and the pram, with a number of unpaid for goods on the top of the hood, out of Target. I don't know how, they disappeared in a split second and then I spent time looking for them. Eventually I went to the person at the door, and said I had lost my 4 y.o. pushing the 1 y.o. in a pram. She said "I saw them leave earlier"... What is she there for exactly? I did find the children (a lovely mother fortunately intercepted DS as he was about to attempt pushing DD and pram up the travelator). Potentially stupidly, I went back to Target and paid for the stuff on the top of the pram that the girl had so happily let them leave with.

#84 gracie1978

Posted 28 February 2020 - 08:38 PM

Went back to Aldi tonight and paid.
I bought another one and just explained what happened and asked him to put it through three times.

Aldi being Aldi, he just did it.  Can't even comprehend how hard the same interaction would be at Woolies ...

My conscience is clear!!

Edited by gracie1978, 28 February 2020 - 09:42 PM.

#85 Sancti-claws

Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:58 AM

When I was at the checkout yesterday, a lady came up to the cashier and advised that someone else had just walked out the exit with a full trolley of groceries, so on the grand scale of things you are probably erring towards the good.

The wine story doesn't pass the sniff test.  (a) if he had bought the wine two weeks ago, why hadn't he also forgotten the docket in his backpack?  (b) obviously the weight factor, and © why did he need to go into the bottle shop in the first place if he had a spare two week old wine?

#86 Charli73

Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:21 AM

I once saw a young couple put a heap of T-shirts on their toddler and paid for one small item then existing with pram with the toddler draped in stolen Clothing. The girl at counter had no clue until I told her as I was standing behind them and saw all the tags hanging out!

I once found socks I forgot about in folded hood of pram so went back in to pay as my conscience got to me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.