Acquisitions

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:09 AM

Could someone please give me a sentence with "acquisitions " in it that shows you know the meaning please? Struggling as thought it was a verb ( without the s) but it seems to be a plural noun.

Best I've got is " The bank has made many acqusitions of property" which is pretty dodgy brothers. Ta

#2 IamOzgirl

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:11 AM

Mergers and Acquisitions?

Ie, I would like to acquire your company instead of merge with it.

An Acquisition is to acquire something.

#3 seayork2002

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:13 AM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 27 February 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

Mergers and Acquisitions?

Ie, I would like to acquire your company instead of merge with it.

An Acquisition is to acquire something.

This is what I was thinking - you put it better than me though!

#4 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:17 AM

Yes. I'd be fine with "acquisition" . It's the (s) that's thrown me.

I thought of "The bank has a department called Mergers and Acquisitions" but pretty sure the teacher wants something clearer.

( This is my son's extension homework and about the first time he has asked me for help  - so embarrassing)

#5 lizzzard

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

The company had made several major acquisitions over the past few years, and senior management were tired of dealing with integration challenges 🤣

#6 CrankyM

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:21 AM

The library used the Acquisitions module within their library management system to track purchase orders, invoices, vendor information and identify any issues with the acquisitions procedure.

(Can you tell this is what I do?)

Is that clear enough?

#7 seayork2002

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:22 AM

Telstra has acquitted 6 small NBN companies in last quarters acquisitions rounds

(actually that does not fully make sense to me! but something like that) and my spelling is atrocious me thinks!

#8 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:24 AM

Ooo. I like acquisitions procedure. Thanks everyone . It was just bugging me.

#9 SeaPrincess

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:24 AM

The company’s focus on acquisitions increased their market share and reduced competition.

#10 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:26 AM

O very good pp. I think the teacher may pick he didn't do it himself though hehe.

#11 hills mum bec

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

The recent player acquisitions means that they will play this game with a strong team.

#12 Silverstreak

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:06 PM

My most recent acquisition for the home has been a new mattress, which I napped on for four hours today. :ninja: :blush:

#13 Holidayromp

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:42 PM

The acquisitions department went on strike after their boss was caught farting in the lift and blamed it on everyone else.

#14 Wango

Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:57 PM

She came home from her shopping trip and admired her acquisitions.

#15 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

These are all great pp's. I will give him some hints. Other word is feasible but I'm fine with that I hope. :)
I'm packing it in in year 7 if this is year 2!!!

#16 YumChaTheSecond

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:03 PM

How many of the words can we fit in one sentence?

After exceeding their financial year budget, further acquisitions were not considered feasible until the capital allocation was reset.

What are the other words?

Edited by YumChaTheSecond, 27 February 2020 - 03:41 PM.

#17 JLCJ

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:24 PM

"I like procuring acquisitions when I go to the shops.  It sounds better than 'I like buying stuff'..."  :laugh:

#18 lizzzard

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:30 PM

YumCha, love it 🤣

#19 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:31 PM

Haha so funny :)

Challenge for the night is then - acquisitions, convenient, occurrence, feasible and ambitious. All in one sentence :)

I always thought I was pretty smart but no way I got these words in Year 2! Annoying smarty pants children.

#20 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:41 PM

One of the extension spelling words on DS's grade1/2 spelling list this week was archaic.
A 6 year old is supposed to know what that means?

#21 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:49 PM

View Postmarple, on 27 February 2020 - 05:31 PM, said:

Haha so funny :)

Challenge for the night is then - acquisitions, convenient, occurrence, feasible and ambitious. All in one sentence :)

I always thought I was pretty smart but no way I got these words in Year 2! Annoying smarty pants children.

Pay day was a fortnightly occurrence, which was not very convenient, but her ambitious plan to save for the Prada handbag and other designer acquisitions was feasible.

bit clunky....

Edited by Lucrezia Bauble, 27 February 2020 - 05:50 PM.

#22 *Marty*

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

He went to the toy store and bought three boxes of lego with his birthday money; he was very proud of his acquisitions.

She made several hotel acquisitions during the game of monopoly and sent her parents bankrupt!

Impressive year 2 homework!

Edited by *Marty*, 27 February 2020 - 05:57 PM.

#23 *Marty*

Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

View PostLucrezia Bauble, on 27 February 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

Pay day was a fortnightly occurrence, which was not very convenient, but her ambitious plan to save for the Prada handbag and other designer acquisitions was feasible.

bit clunky....

You had me at Prada

#24 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:00 PM

View PostLucrezia Bauble, on 27 February 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

bit clunky....

I like.

#25 marple

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

View Post*Marty*, on 27 February 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

He went to the toy store and bought three boxes of lego with his birthday money; he was very proud of his acquisitions.

She made several hotel acquisitions during the game of monopoly and sent her parents bankrupt!

Impressive year 2 homework!
Bloody ridiculous I think.   ;) It's only week 5. He only knew what two of them meant!  I think it is a teachers job to explain what occurrence means( mhahaha evil laugh)  I may crawl under my doona if it gets worse than this.

ETA - because I did a really bad job of explaining the meaning of occurrence. Give it a go.

ETA - not being critical of teachers at all. It is really hard to explain the meaning of" occurrence"  and "feasible" to someone and I was hoping to offload that  :) to the lovely teacher. Thought they had some go to methods. As usual in awe that they can teach a class anything  ( I do literacy groups and struggle with 6 kids for an hour)).

Edited by marple, 27 February 2020 - 06:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.