Foot pain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Minnie80

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:08 AM

Hi,

My son has been complaining that his feet hurts for the past few weeks. At first, it was when I picked him up from school and there was sand in his shoe. So, I thought maybe that the sand was bothering him and he is just unable to express himself or something. However, he mentions it on the weekends and when we are at home as well. He points to different parts of the feet when I ask where it hurts. He's behaving normally, jumping and sprinting and being active. I used to have foot pain when I was a child, and believe me I would have never been able to run or sprint like that. However, he keeps mentioning foot pain. I will take him to the doctor. But this is really stressing me. Why would a child have foot pain? As I mentioned before, I had foot pain as as child, but I was older than him.

#2 BornToLove

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:40 AM

My first thought was poorly fitting shoes. What are the quality of his shoes like? Are his shoes supportive yet flexible? Are they snug to his foot or does his foot move inside the shoe (narrow foot, wide shoe)? Could he have out grown them? Does he have more than one pair that he wears?

I’d start with the shoes and see if that helps. If you don’t think it’s it’s his shoes, I’d get the GP to take a look.

#3 Minnie80

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:57 AM

View PostBornToLove, on 08 March 2020 - 03:40 AM, said:

My first thought was poorly fitting shoes. What are the quality of his shoes like? Are his shoes supportive yet flexible? Are they snug to his foot or does his foot move inside the shoe (narrow foot, wide shoe)? Could he have out grown them? Does he have more than one pair that he wears?

I’d start with the shoes and see if that helps. If you don’t think it’s it’s his shoes, I’d get the GP to take a look.

Yeah. I actually bought him a new pair today. One size bigger.

#4 kimasa

Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:52 AM

This is going to sound really weird, but does he have "typical" feet?

I have smaller than standard and very narrow feet and shoes with built in arch support are not designed for my foot shape, so they push my feet in all sorts of weird ways and I used to get some of the most random locations of foot pain until I popped into one of those "free foot checks with a podiatrist" things at a chemist once and he told me to try wearing flat shoes, because anything with arch support is going to have the wrong shape for me. Haven't had pain since.

I guess what I'm saying is check with a podiatrist.

Edited by kimasa, 08 March 2020 - 08:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.