Your pettiest Covid-19 whinges

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#1 (feral)epg

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:30 PM

SEVEN friggin years of juggling working with childcare with days home with preschool age kids and now I just get them both into significant schooling and it looks like a school shut down of somewhere between a few days and a whole term is likely - with probably no option of day care or even the ability to take them out of the house.  I can't even get my mother to care for them given that she is high risk on multiple counts and that financially my work is 'optional'

I CANNOT spend several weeks at home with my 2 kids and maintain my sanity.

What's everyone else's first world problem today?

#2 Starflash

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:36 PM

I don't want to lose my ballet classes!
I also don't want my almost 4yo to lose his preschool days.... but at least I will be at work (hospital) and not spending the entire week stopping him hitting/kicking/pushing over his 1yo brother.

#3 IkeaAddict

The fact that I went into Aldi to buy Coke and was followed around by a security guard. Right until I got to the checkout. By the time I got there I was thinking if he was gonna follow me couldn't he have carried the damn frikking heavy coke LOL

#4 hoohoobump

No Bunning sausage sizzles or election sausages for the foreseeable future...

#5 cinnamonnutmeg

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:37 PM

A concert got cancelled. The tickets were a christmas present to DS1. We were so excited to go and it was meant to be an afternoon of just us doing something really special together, which has been rare since the other kids have been born. Now we have to scramble to make other plans.

#6 llamarama

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:40 PM

My nose is itchy

#7 Mooples

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:41 PM

The thought of having my 2 and 4 year old boys at home not being allowed to leave the house is absolutely terrifying. They argue so much when we are home I just don’t even want to think about it.

#8 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:42 PM

i got a pedi a week ago and they normally last me a while..but one toe nail has chipped and i feel with social distancing etc i cant go back and get another. (you said petty, right?)

#9 notsoretro

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:48 PM

I had tickets to 3 musicals in May, June and August and they are all cancelled or postponed. I live a pretty quiet life so I really look forward to these outings

#10 PocketIcikleflakes

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:49 PM

I missed my bikini wax, probably won't get another chance for a while...

#11 Mmmcheese

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:51 PM

View Postllamarama, on 17 March 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

My nose is itchy

My whole face is itchy... Bloody hayfever!

#12 bubskitkat

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

I can’t stand the thought of having to have my son with asd & adhd home! I also don’t want to loose my job as I can’t work as I will need to care for my son,

#13 DM. 2012

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:57 PM

Not looking forward to the possibility of having to take time off work and home school (of sorts I suppose) my just turned 8 year old.  Homework is enough for me.

Also, I need to get my hair done and am hoping that the hair dressers don’t close.

#14 bubskitkat

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:58 PM

Also my flights to Europe in September are all up in the air literally and it looks like father & brother will fly with us.

Nooooo I have premium economy booked and want to enjoy it without caring for them for the entire flight.

#15 Thylacine

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:58 PM

If I were still working for my previous employer, I would be getting a month of leave right now (albeit unpaid). But as it is, I'll be schlepping into work every day, business as usual, until goodness knows when. I want some time off

#16 Chelli

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:11 PM

All activities are cancelled at work and now the day seems to go forever because there is nothing to do!

#17 YumChaTheSecond

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:12 PM

I am not doing well being cooped up all day.

#18 #YKG

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:17 PM

My cat won’t leave me alone, I get up to go to the bathroom and he barges in, have a shower, he will yell like he’s dying (he’s not), I move and he’s like “where you going? What you doing? Oooh what you getting from the fridge? Can I have some? Ooh water, I’ll have some thanks. You getting lunch? Can I stick my face in it? You’re doing a puzzle? Here I’ll help you” he is never normally this clingy.

#19 luke's mummu

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:20 PM

I have 8 weeks of annual leave owing, but I want to save it for real holidays. Not to sit around home going crazy, looking after my out-of-routine kids. I’d rather be at work.

#20 GlitteryElfFarts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:26 PM

Not so much of a petty whinge but......the two women who only just got back from Iran yesterday and decided to bloody well go shopping today just p’d me off.

#21 Mumma bug

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:41 PM

Cancelling my DD’s first birthday party which we were going to have mid May. She was so excited. If possible we’ll take her to build a bear. If we’re house bound I’ll make a cake and decorate a with her (we never bake so that will hopefully have so novelty factor).

Edited by Mumma bug, 17 March 2020 - 08:41 PM.

#22 Let-it-go

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:48 PM

I’m ok with my kids being home.....

Just not my DH :omg:

He normally travels a lot.  It’s an arrangement that works well for me.  He’s driving me bonkers.  And eats so much!

Edited by Let-it-go, 17 March 2020 - 08:49 PM.

#23 No Drama Please

Posted 17 March 2020 - 08:53 PM

Thanks see much for starting this thread because I feel so guilty but have so many first world problems!

I love Aldi mashed potatoes, it’s the only one I like, I use it all the time, but it’s comply vanished!

I’m so sad for DD. It’s year 6 for her, she was so looking forward to year 6 camp and the year 6 arch and year 6 ball and final after school care sleepovers and now it’s all over! It’s been such a big thing for them even since kindy. She’s so upset but trying to be brave but I have no idea how to make it better!

I also have an extremely mild cold but I’m so scared, I can barely function in case it’s something that can’t be diagnosed yet!

#24 Flaxen

I want to get my hair coloured, but don't want to sit in a salon for 4hrs with a bunch of strangers.

#25 Coffeegirl

DH is watching all the stupid footy shows and they are all waffling on about how the NRL needs support and shouldn’t stop playing.  Oh and the government should help bail them out.  

WTF?  I get that they are also a business but the NRL earns $500 million a year.  Maybe they should have saved for a rainy day!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 1 anonymous users

kimasa, Google (2)

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.