Stand down - any help appreciated!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 South Coast

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:16 PM

DH and I are both going to be stood down, probably Friday.

I am so confused and I cant seem to understand anything of what we are to do here.

I believe we will both get a certificate from our employees stating stand down and that we will be required back when allowed.

Do we need a separation certificate to obtain Jobseeker payment?  That technically means we quit doesn't it, which is a contradiction to just standing down??

Does DH need to have his own MyGov to apply? Or can I do it through my MyGov?

Do we also get Family Tax Benifits given we are both technically unemployed or just the Jobseeker payment??

Any help please  :(

Edited by South Coast, 25 March 2020 - 02:16 PM.

#2 Kallie88

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:43 PM

Your dh will need his own myGov. I'm not sure about the separation certificate, maybe have a look at the application and see if there's a covid 19 related option. Ftb is based on yearly income so if this period significantly reduces your yearly income you may be eligible. Good luck, hope you guys are ok x
Edit typos

Edited by Kallie88, 25 March 2020 - 02:44 PM.

#3 #notallcats

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:53 PM

This might help https://7news.com.au...online-c-759629

Dh will definitely need his own account.  It seems the gov is waiving the normal separation certificate, and asset test too.

#4 ~Bob~

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:54 PM

Can I ask a further question please. The website says that there’s an assets test. It’s $394,500 Does this include the family home? In Sydney, if you owned anything, you’d be over it.

#5 Zeppelina

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:02 PM

View Post~Bob~, on 25 March 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Can I ask a further question please. The website says that there’s an assets test. It’s $394,500 Does this include the family home? In Sydney, if you owned anything, you’d be over it.
No, it doesn't include the family home if you live in it.

#6 #notallcats

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:06 PM

Your personal home isn't included https://www.services...cs/assets/30621

I thought the asset test was being waived though?

#7 jayskette

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:23 PM

separation certs are for redundancies only. I'm sure an official letter will do. some people will do the maths and find it might be better to actually get their employer to terminate them and re-hire later, so they will be free to get another job without affecting payments.

Edited by jayskette, 25 March 2020 - 03:24 PM.

#8 VVV

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:29 PM

jayskette, on 25 March 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

separation certs are for redundancies only. I'm sure an official letter will do. some people will do the maths and find it might be better to actually get their employer to terminate them and re-hire later, so they will be free to get another job without affecting payments.

Separation Certificates are not for redundancies only

#9 South Coast

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:21 AM

Great - thank you all...

Another issue - MyGov is now not letting me have two separate accounts on the same computer...  
I set up DH last night, put all his details in but now it won't let me log in again because says account details are wrong.

This is killing me!!  Aggghhhghhgg

#10 VVV

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:37 AM

South Coast, on 26 March 2020 - 09:21 AM, said:

Great - thank you all...

Another issue - MyGov is now not letting me have two separate accounts on the same computer...  
I set up DH last night, put all his details in but now it won't let me log in again because says account details are wrong.

This is killing me!!  Aggghhhghhgg

Can you try going into internet options and clearing all history/cookies etc and try logging in as you again?

#11 Tinkle Splashes

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:42 AM

My DP and I use different web browsers for MyGov.  I use Chrome and he uses Firefox or something.

#12 South Coast

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:14 AM

Oh ok... will try that, thanks ladies.. xxx

#13 Grrrumbles

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:03 PM

Money smart has a section to support people whose income has dropped. It will give you some help to make financial decisions at this difficult time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.