Easter 2020

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

Share your socially distant Easter plans/ideas here.

I've ordered gold bunnies from this small business in Melbourne
https://www.instagra...5805m_iwbcg-VKw
And their HXB as well

DS wants to do an egg hunt
And I've looked up Nagi's recipe for Hot Cross Buns, I thought we could make them together.

What are you doing?

#2 (feral)epg

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:52 PM

I think it's been cancelled..........

In all seriousness - I noticed the shop opposite my supermarket today already has Easter decorations marked down 50%
I haven't seen anyone actually buying hot cross buns (unless they're hidden under the 30 packs of toilet paper that still seem to fill every trolley despite the empty shelves) and my kids haven't been given a single egg from any well meaning distant acquaintances yet.

#3 lucky 2

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:58 PM

Definitely getting bakers delight hcb's.
I've always preferred to get a book or game for dd.

How about a take on the teddy bear theme. More Easter decorations in front window, kids can hunt for the Easter bunny decorations as they walk around their neighborhood.
Well definitely mark it in some way, to keep the normality going

#4 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:59 PM

Ummm, I cleaned out my freezer yesterday and found a packet of HCB from last year.

Not sure if that's gross or genious.

#5 Chchgirl

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:09 PM

No different to usual,  I don't do anything for Easter.

#6 red_squirrel

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:27 PM

I bought a bunch of eggs from the shop last week in case I couldn’t get to the shop or online shopping stopped - which it has.

Will do the usual egg hunt around the house and garden and use the same table decorations I’ve used the past few years.

I’m trying to keep as many things the same for the kids’ sake.
No church though. The kids will be happy with that.

#7 Karlee99

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:32 PM

I grabbed some eggs last week, it will be very low key, just us at home or maybe our farm. Probably not too different to any other Easter really, except no extended family joining us

#8 Silly Old Elf

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:45 PM

Not hugely different for us. I bought egg hunt eggs a few weeks ago. Pjs I ordered through Target haven’t arrived for clock and collect and now I’m not keen to collect

#9 Dianalynch

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:50 PM

I’ll buy some eggs, we’ll hide them around the house and yard. No visiting family, no family staying with us, no catch ups for brunch. But the kids will be happy enough if there’s chocolate and an egg hunt...so we’ll focus on that. I might cook a nice lunch.

#10 71Cath

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:55 PM

I always get pyjamas and 1 egg each for DS and DD, so I've already got them, I don't think I'll get much else.

I've been buying (and eating) HXB since January... :ph34r:

Edited by 71Cath, 25 March 2020 - 03:56 PM.

#11 PrincessPeach

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

Easter eggs have been purchased  not sure if we will do an egg hunt or not this year, depends how lazy we are feeling.

#12 Lou-bags

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

I bought some fancy Easter marshmallows from a small business who missed out on a popular market recently. One pack of 4 big marshmallows for each kid.
They ship Australia wide. Free shipping over $50 (or $20 if you're in Perth). I don't know who has $50 for marshmallows right now though, but:

https://www.cloudyco...reggswirl-zcbkx

We'll do an egg hunt in the house and backyard I'd say, and I was thinking of organising a skype with our DSs' cousins- who we usually see every Easter.

#13 MadMarchMasterchef

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:17 PM

We cancelled an epic camping / 4wd trip we had been looking forward to for ages.   So we might camp in our own back yard. I don't think we can have a camp fire in our area but Im sure we can think of some fun stuff to do.

I would make hxb  but if it involves flour or sugar I have none as the stupid pantry mouse ate it.

#14 WaitForMe

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:47 PM

View Post(feral)epg, on 25 March 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

I think it's been cancelled..........

In all seriousness - I noticed the shop opposite my supermarket today already has Easter decorations marked down 50%
I haven't seen anyone actually buying hot cross buns (unless they're hidden under the 30 packs of toilet paper that still seem to fill every trolley despite the empty shelves) and my kids haven't been given a single egg from any well meaning distant acquaintances yet.

Oh... that explains why we can buy the hxb so easily... we've been buying lots! Every time we need to enter a supermarket we grab about 3 packs.

But yes, the random easter eggs given to the kids is exactly 0 so far this year.

#15 spr_maiden

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:02 PM

I bought some eggs last week when I went to get TP and there wasn't any lol. But, we've started to eat them already. Oops. I did buy more today but they were to donate to the local food drive charity.
I'll order pjs and say they're from MIL n GMIL so they don't have to think of it.
I'll grab some HCBs next week. And should get a replacement hunting egg bag.  
We'll do egg hunt at home, and set up trampoline tent.

#16 Mrs Twit

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:04 PM

I bought Easter Eggs in my last shop so we can have an Easter Egg Hunt for my 12 and 15yo :yes:.

No mass. That is ok. And we don't normally do anything else.

I have also caved this year for the first time and we have been eating HCB for the last month. Normally I refuse until much closer to Easter.

We still have 2 birthdays to get through before Easter....

#17 MsLaurie

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:16 PM

We’ve been eating buns since the start of March, so definitely more buns.
Have Easter eggs and bought some Easter colouring books, plaster paint bunnies and eggs, and a “where is the Easter bunny” book (where’s Wally style) from Coles.
Haven’t decided yet if the plaster paint will be a gearing-up-for-Easter activity or a gift from the bunny on the day. Might depend how desperate i’m getting for time-fillers by then!

#18 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:27 PM

well we were meant to be sunning ourselves on an island in the Whitsundays ...so, yeh...

i’ve got the boys Haighs giant chocolate frogs and some other eggs. if the weather is nice we might do a pretend island holiday in our backyard....p*ss Weak World Whitsundays..put out the lounge beds and beach umbrella, make a few mocktails....have a bbq.

it will probably rain though.

#19 BeAwesome

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:47 PM

I just cancelled our annual Easter holiday today.

We stay at a holiday park most vacations, and the kids love the activities coordinator there, so I'm going to get them to write him a letter.

My kids birthdays are at the end of the year, so they always get a little Easter pressie.  DD12 has been asking for a Mermade Hair Wand, and DD8 wanted sparkly purple cheer training gear.  Thankfully I ordered both a month ago before we're about to cut out all non essential spending.  

We're not big chocolate/sweet eaters here, so we usually get get a small pack of hunting eggs, and hide them around our hotel room, this time I might hide them all around our house/yard.

#20 Veryclucky

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:27 PM

We are doing our normal Easter traditions but at home this year. Lego and wooden toy parts in plastic eggs for our hunt.

Some small eggs for sharing as a family.

Winter PJs from the Easter bunny.

And of course we have been buying HCBs regularly. My 2yr old loves them as much as I do.

#21 a letter to Elise.

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:41 PM

I did a haighs post order last week for most of us last week. I buy my daughters eggs well in advance anyway, as she has allergies.

we will do an Easter egg hunt, and the kids will get a small toy each.

#22 Chelli

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:46 PM

I was doing a grocery shop and decided to buy eggs early...they are all gone. I figured the world is crazy, all the rules are out the window and chocolate is good.

#23 Expelliarmus

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

I always start egg shopping early and I have bought the new pyjamas per tradition. In a strange twist. DD1's sleep shirt from Target says Stay Home on it ...  https://www.target.c...y-blue/62899574

I think I have all our eggs now too.  We usually do a hunt at home so nothing will change here except I won't go to church.

#24 eachschoolholidays

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:58 PM

We were meant to be having lots of family over for Easter but that won’t be happening now. So I picked up extra eggs and bunnies when I was at the supermarket and we will all eat waaaaaayyyy too much chocolate instead.

#25 annodam

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:04 PM

We were meant to go away but that's now cancelled, so is Church, so we're doing fk all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.