MNDIS funding

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AIR

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:00 PM

I am fortunate enough to have funding for a support workers and cleaner through NDIS, considering how things are now with covid 19 I’m reconsidering having none family in the home.

My son has pulmonary hypertension which means a Picc line into his heart with medication running 24hrs a day keeping him  a live any illness could kill him.

I’m concerned that if I don’t engage with support workers and cleaners and I don’t use the funding this year the next review I’ll lose it all.

I guess I’m wondering if anyone have stopped support services during this time?

#2 PooksLikeChristmas

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:12 PM

All plans have been extended to 24 months and you will not lose funding for reducing services over the period of the outbreak.

You can use support work hours for things like SW collecting prescriptions groceries and so on. I plan to do this.

#3 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:49 PM

The NDIS have been very clear that nobody will be penalised for not spending their plans.  

Pooks, plans are being extended to two years if they are close to the review date.  I think you can ring and request an extension at any time but it's not automatic.

#4 PooksLikeChristmas

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:19 PM

Ah ok I misread that!

#5 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:04 PM

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd My Plan Manager emailed this morning to clarify that plans coming close to the end date are now automatically renewing.  You can still ask for review if your funds are inadequate but it will roll over just fine apparently.

If you do have a phone review, you can ask for a two year plan.

There's new line numbers for support co-ordination under core.  So even if you never had a support co-ordinator, you can have one now.

If you can find one.

#6 IamtheMumma

Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:21 PM

I didn’t know that about funding. DS has two visits this weekend and these will be the last for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.