Removing SNS nails

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AxeTheMax

Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:18 AM

A quick question for anyone has removed SNS off thier nails at home. What did you use? I read that distilled vinegar could be used, as anyone tried that before?

#2 VVV

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:19 AM

I soaked cotton buds in nail polish remover, put them on my nails then covered over with alfoil then left for ten minutes or so

#3 ~Peahen~

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:47 AM

I chewed mine off. Kinda bit down on my nail bed several times so as to crack it up so it would come off in little pieces if that makes sense. I didn't care about my nails though and was prepared for damage. Surprisingly they weren't too bad but I like to keep mine ultra short (as we all should be doing right now).

#4 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:09 AM

A combination of nail polish with acetone wrapped with tin foil, then use nail clipper plier type to pry and cut. Both of these methods I have had done by my nail salon to remove my acrylics. Then trim your nails very short once removed. You can use a nail buffer to smooth and file off any resdue

#5 JustMyGirl

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:25 PM

You should soak them off with pure acetone. Google the soak off removal method.

#6 JustBeige

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:44 PM

Get some Acetone or nail polish WITH acetone. Its what they use in the salon.
Soak a cotton ball/wool and wrap your fingers with foil.
It will slowly peel off. Use cheap nail files though as you will destroy them. Also look at a tool that you can use to scrape the acrylic off, something like  pallet knife works.

Takes about 1hr to do :)

#7 Romeo Void

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:57 PM

You can get pure acetone from bunnings.

#8 AxeTheMax

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:08 PM

Thanks everyone, will have a go tomorrow:)

#9 BornToLove

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:58 PM

A tip I find helps is if you use a nail file just to rough up the polish before you do the cotton/foil method. It will help the acetone soak in and work faster.

#10 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 27 March 2020 - 04:59 PM

If you can tolerate it, letting them grow out for 2-3 weeks makes them super easy to peel off. You have to be gentle and careful though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.