Tiger King on Netflix

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Moo-me

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:21 PM

Hi All,

Has anyone watched the Tiger King docuseries on Netflix yet?

I cannot recommend it enough, particularly for those of us who indulge in true crime and trashy TV.

It has everything, and I mean EVERYTHING you could imagine in a TV show. Murder, drugs, conspiracies, polygamy you name it.  

It is about the three biggest players in the big cat industry in America. It starts off about tiger welfare and takes a few very unexpected turns from there.

Definitely not for kids, but a great distraction for the rest of us in these awful times.

So if you watch it - do you think carol did what she is accused of with her ex-husband??

Edited by Moo-me, 29 March 2020 - 11:27 PM.

#2 Tokra

Posted 30 March 2020 - 12:08 AM

Ohhh you've got me interested. Will watch and get back to you!

#3 Popper

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:56 AM

Hey OP.

Yes we smashed this out last week and then got our family and friends hooked.

What a messy, sad and scary bunch of people.

I might buy DH a Joe Exotic album for Xmas :)

The best thing about this show is that you entirely forget about Covid.

Carol might have killed her husband. She was really off and a psycho.

Definitely not travelling to Florida anytime soon...

Edited by Popper, 30 March 2020 - 04:57 AM.

#4 SummerStar

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:09 AM

Yes I watched it last week too in a day. It's was crazy. And I love the cuts to his country singing clips. I found it funny, weird, far fetched, unbelievable, etc yet it all happened.... Very addictive watch. They said it right in the first episode it's like a train wreck you can't llpk away.

#5 Scootaloo

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:11 AM

I want to watch it but am going to try and listen to the podcast first. Has anyone listened? Should I def finish that before watching?

#6 Moo-me

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:21 AM

View PostScootaloo, on 30 March 2020 - 07:11 AM, said:

I want to watch it but am going to try and listen to the podcast first. Has anyone listened? Should I def finish that before watching?

I heard it’s good!! but I didn’t know about it until after I finished the show... I like the genuine shock and surprises I got from the show so I guess I’m glad I didn’t know about it.

#7 Moo-me

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:24 AM

View PostPopper, on 30 March 2020 - 04:56 AM, said:

I might buy DH a Joe Exotic album for Xmas :)

The best thing about this show is that you entirely forget about Covid.

Carol might have killed her husband. She was really off and a psycho.

Yes, yes and yes!!

I keep finding myself humming “I saw tiger” haha

Such a good distraction, I was getting so anxious over the weekend, once I put it on I forgot about everything!!

#8 Crap Napper

Posted 30 March 2020 - 07:41 AM

I loved it, such a mixed bag of everything!
I find myself wondering about his skin care line...

#9 spr_maiden

Posted 30 March 2020 - 11:20 AM

What an absolute sh*tshow. I binged it in two sittings lol. Highly rec'd for taking your mind off cv.
I don't think Carol did what she was accused of. I also don't think Joe did what he was jailed for.

#10 Jenno

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:15 PM

Im up to ep 4, these people are just plain crazy!!!

#11 Popper

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:19 PM

Mr Passage...hahahaha

#12 AnaBeavenhauser

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:37 PM

Joe Exotic Passage. Hahaha

I was astonished at every twist and turn, each layer more absurd than the next.

Seriously though, I hope this documentary shines more light on these places and ultimately gets them shut down because the real issue that got me was is the animal cruelty. :-(  Humans are stupid humans but those animals have no protection.

#13 Squeekums The Elf

Posted 30 March 2020 - 02:57 PM

Loved it.
Yep I think she off her dh and I don't think tigerking tried to have her killed.
They do say, money buys power, buys freedom, buys secrecy, he an easy scapegoat given their past history of hate.

I actually watched his doco about the park a couple years ago on 73, he was just as crazy then too. I always wondered why it was only shown once and never again.
I do believe he started the park out of concern for animals buy got caught up in everything else to where I became a production, a stage show.

#14 NannyPlumPudding

Posted 30 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

I was addicted.  It was memorising!

#15 Beancat

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:12 AM

My goodness this series waaaaay out there!

I am so addicted!

Im watching the last episode today.  Yes carole is just as bad as the rest of them.  All three of them are narcissists and cult leaders.  How is Carol any different to the others; she keeps cats in cages, doesnt pay her staff and charges an entry fee.  The only difference is she doesnt breed cats

#16 hills mum bec

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:04 AM

I watched the first two episodes last night.  I can honestly say that this is nothing like I have ever watched before.  Very strange.

#17 bearosauraus

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:21 AM

Just when I thought each episode couldn't get any weirder - SUPRISE! yes it can!

i was kind of sad when I finished it haha! what weird trash will I be able to watch now?!

#18 Caitlin Happymeal

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:36 AM

I'm four eps in. What the actual f are these people even?

Amazing entertainment, just a completely different walk of life. They are just absolutely wild personalities.

I'm hating seeing all the poor animals though. The three of them are just all kinds of awful.

#19 SeaPrincess

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:59 AM

Squeekums The Elf said:

1585544246[/url]' post='18599888']
Loved it.
Yep I think she off her dh and I don't think tigerking tried to have her killed.

Listen to the podcast, and get back to us on whether he did or not.

I’m re-listening to the podcast, and 2 episodes into the Netflix doco. IMO, the podcast is a better quality production, but it is entirely focussed on the issues between Joe and Carole. There’s no doubt they’re all nuts, but he’s next level. The level of exploitation from all of them is appalling.

Edited by SeaPrincess, 03 April 2020 - 09:59 AM.

#20 Hollycoddle

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:42 AM

A few episodes in.  This guy isn't new, Louis Theroux did him a few years ago.

#21 Beancat

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:03 AM

Whats the podcast called?  I'll need to listen to that once I finish the last episode today

The manipulation from all three of them is next level.  It seriously opened my eyes to how other people live

So is owning a tiger cub like a status things for cashed up bogan Americans?  I didnt even know this was a thing

Another question - I thought tigers were difficult to bread in captivity?  Has Joe and the the Dr discovered something that might actually be useful about how to successfully breed them? Despite the awful exploitation of both animals and people - is there any good that come of this to actually help save the species?

#22 Murderino

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:20 AM

View PostHollycoddle, on 03 April 2020 - 10:42 AM, said:

A few episodes in.  This guy isn't new, Louis Theroux did him a few years ago.

And its in iview now - I went in to watch Revelation and noticed it there. I haven’t seen Tiger King but I’ve seen pictures of the guy and recognised his face on the picture in iview.

#23 SeaPrincess

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:32 PM

View PostBeancat, on 03 April 2020 - 11:03 AM, said:

Whats the podcast called?  I'll need to listen to that once I finish the last episode today

The podcast is called Joe Exotic: Tiger King. It’s definitely more sympathetic to Carole than the doco.

#24 MooGuru

Posted 03 April 2020 - 04:18 PM

Based on the description it sounds like a Carl Hiasson novel come to life.

#25 Chchgirl

Posted 03 April 2020 - 04:43 PM

I'm going to start it on the weekend

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.