#5 ainira

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:11 PM

Toilet paper.

#6 NWO

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:12 PM

Colloidal Silver

#7 NWO

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:14 PM

Now I'm not sure which way you took my comment LB :)

I was implying that it wouldn't be much different to Poland 1941 for example ... is that what you also meant?

#8 gracie1978

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:14 PM

s*utted!  I thought the old one has been locked for some dastardly reason.
Gahhh it was just too big ;/

#9 purpleduck

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:17 PM

Thanks mods!

#10 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:21 PM

View PostNWO, on 01 April 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

Now I'm not sure which way you took my comment LB :)

I was implying that it wouldn't be much different to Poland 1941 for example ... is that what you also meant?

oh ok - well kind of.  i was just interested to know if any other APS got it. it does seem a little Gestapo- esque but, these are unprecedented times.

#11 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:21 PM

View Postgracie1978, on 01 April 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

s*utted!  I thought the old one has been locked for some dastardly reason.
Gahhh it was just too big ;/

Is s*utted the word you were going for?

#12 gracie1978

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:26 PM

S l u t t e d

Why are woman's forums moderated...
Those puckers on 4 Chan say whatever the puck they want

(I feel like I'm in an episode of the good place)

Edited by gracie1978, 01 April 2020 - 08:27 PM.

#13 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:27 PM

Oh so it was the word you were going for :lol:

#14 Bethlehem Babe

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:29 PM

View Postgracie1978, on 01 April 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

S l u t t e d

What the fork?

Social distancing. Too many people in this thread for its square meterage.

#15 ipsee

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:41 PM

View PostLucrezia Bauble, on 01 April 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

oh ok - well kind of.  i was just interested to know if any other APS got it. it does seem a little Gestapo- esque but, these are unprecedented times.

We,be been told our whole aps department is getting the letter too. Although they are finally allowing some work from home so do we need it now?

#16 NWO

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:50 PM

View Postgracie1978, on 01 April 2020 - 08:26 PM, said:

S l u t t e d

Is this a women's forum?

#17 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:53 PM

I've been asking for something similar from the Health Dept - (Speaking of papers, that is).  We are a NFP Health Service, funded by both State and Federal Health.

They've told us we are 'essential' and can keep operating.  I can send 3/4 of my staff to work from home, but still have an essential need for skeleton staff in the office for as long as possible.    Haven't got anything in writing yet, but if the crackdown gets that severe, I'll need to agitate for something 'official'.

#18 MerryMadrigalMadge

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:22 PM

Oh no - from the Australian.

Five health workers have tested positive to coronavirus in the remote Kimberley region where half of all residents are indigenous.

The new cases include an employee of the WA Country Health Service in Halls Creek, a service hub for remote Aboriginal communities and the place where desert people often go for medical appointments and treatment.

Three of the other Kimberley health workers were in the region’s largest town of Broome and one was in the town of Kununurra near the Northern Territory border. All three towns have hospitals that treat people from outlying settlements, where there are small clinics but no capacity for operations.

#19 MooGuru

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:26 PM

Actually there's a point I haven't thought about how do you prove you are on your way to a medical appt?

#20 NWO

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:39 PM

View PostLucrezia Bauble, on 01 April 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

unprecedented times indeed ... incredible change to society in 3 months. People confined to their houses, told where they can go and who they can go there with etc. Nothing that is happening now would have been conceivable 6 months ago!

The governments (Fed & State) are deciding and controlling almost everything we do at the moment supported by the police and military. All this done without any meaningful dissent from the people ... in fact quite the opposite with people helping to enforce. We have states closing borders and telling other states to stay away, we are negotiating with cruise liner owners to make their ships leave our waters with hundreds of sick people on them (after we have taken our own off, which is the right thing to do) - but aren't we still as obligated to help people no matter who they are if they are in distress as we were 6 months ago? Now that decision is applauded by the vast majority.

I'm not saying this is planned or anything sinister (only because I've never been sure of a illuminati type group controlling the world) this is just a observation - but so far it has played out like a classic government takes control story line from many books, movies, conspiracy theories.

Then the internet goes down ..... :)

#21 Manicmum

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:44 PM

Maybe this is why we are flattening and not eradicating. Maybe they’re concerned a vaccine may take longer.

“In fact, up to now, we’ve never had a successful vaccine against a coronavirus (other than COVID-19).

https://www.google.c...ay-c-946815.amp

#22 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:46 PM

View PostManicmum, on 01 April 2020 - 09:44 PM, said:

Maybe this is why we are flattening and not eradicating. Maybe they’re concerned a vaccine may take longer.

“In fact, up to now, we’ve never had a successful vaccine against a coronavirus (other than COVID-19).

https://www.google.c...ay-c-946815.amp

That presser today worried me....

The vaccine comment and the whole everyone should be prepared to be under restrictions for several months.

#23 ipsee

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:47 PM

They closed state borders and prevented large gatherings during the 1919 spanish flu epidemic, and it all went back to normal afterwards.

On the cruise ship, I believe we should be  assisting to get the crew members off somehow, instead of taking them off in small groups once they are seriously ill. Anyone who is currently well will have caught it by the time they sail back to wherever they came from.

#24 purpleduck

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:59 PM

View PostMooGuru, on 01 April 2020 - 09:26 PM, said:

Actually there's a point I haven't thought about how do you prove you are on your way to a medical appt?

Get them to call the dr’s surgery to confirm?

I had a GP appt scheduled for tomorrow and got a call advising it would be a phone consult and any referrals/request forms will be mailed out.

Edited by purpleduck, 01 April 2020 - 10:00 PM.

#25 PrincessPeach

Posted 01 April 2020 - 10:00 PM

Talking with my brother today (he lives quite remote), he was saying there are still numerous grey nomads flouting the border closures by shortcutting through people's properties & then taking gravel tracks.

What is wrong with people - their nearest town has no cases, they would like to keep it that way as the closest  ICU bed is 2 hours away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.