Wound help

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 kadoodle

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:56 PM

I’ve grazed my thumb knuckle to the bone. It really hurts. I don’t want to go to hospital and risk catching covid 19. I don’t want to lose my thumb.  I’ve bandaged it. Yes, I’m an idiot.

#2 laridae

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:59 PM

If it's that deep,  I think you should go to the hospital. The risk from covid is still quite low.  Get it looked at before it gets worse!

#3 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:03 PM

Go to hospital!!! Very very remote chance of covid vs very very good chance of infection and lasting issues

#4 Paddlepop

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:06 PM

At the very least ring your GP first thing in the morning and see if they can clean it and dress it.

If the hospital is the same one you took DS3 to the other day then it might be nice and quick to get treated and go home.

Please see some sort of medical person in the morning.

#5 ytt

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:07 PM

as someone with a blood disorder diagnosed later in life, get it checked out

#6 Ellie bean

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:10 PM

Please go to hospital!

#7 Mrs Zee

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:12 PM

kadoodle, on 06 April 2020 - 09:56 PM, said:

I’ve grazed my thumb knuckle to the bone. It really hurts. I don’t want to go to hospital and risk catching covid 19. I don’t want to lose my thumb.  I’ve bandaged it. Yes, I’m an idiot.

Is it still bleeding?

#8 BusbyWilkes

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:19 PM

We must have a different definition of graze!

Your thumb is 70% of your hand function, so it’s important. Infections can lead to lots of issues. Please get it looked at, either tonight or in the morning.

#9 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:26 PM

That doesn't sound like a graze. Bone = medical attention.

#10 lizzzard

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:31 PM

medi-pulv.....

(if its a graze, not a chunk out of it!)

Edited by lizzzard, 06 April 2020 - 11:32 PM.

#11 Pearson

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:39 AM

My friend works in ED - their COVID clinic is outside of the hospital. They have seen a lot less people because of the fear of COVID, obviously because the people that they normally see are fearful of attending, as it is a small thing, and the fact that people are less active.
Please go to the hospital. The risk of an infection through the bone is there, and they are really really bad. When DD had her broken arm, this was one of the concerns when they put the pin in. Going to the hospital will at least get it checked to make sure that this isn't going to happen.

#12 overlytired

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:49 AM

Seeing boe does not equal "just a flesh wound" in my book. Get some medical attention.

#13 tenar

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:23 AM

How are you going op?

#14 kadoodle

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:25 AM

I’m getting frequent flyer points at the local outpatient department, I’m sure. Wound is washed out, packed and dressed. DH is on dish washing duty and in the bad books, because it was his fault for turning the car on before I had my hand out of the way.

#15 22Fruitmincepies

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:17 AM

Oh good! I hope it heals quickly for you, but I’m sure extended dishwashing help will be required.

#16 CrankyM

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:34 AM

Ouch, glad you got it looked at.

#17 SeaPrincess

Posted 07 April 2020 - 10:55 AM

Glad to hear you went. I have also been to emergency, so I was going to let you know that it was super quiet, apparently at both of our local hospitals. Triage was happening outside, and instead of seeing a cast of thousands of nurses, students and doctors, I saw 1 nurse and 1 doctor. Quickest emergency visit ever.

#18 kadoodle

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:25 PM

And now it’s infected. Grrr.

#19 Chaotic Pogo

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:30 PM

Oh no!!

Do you think they could prescribe antibiotics by phone? DH got some from his Dr by phone last week, didn’t even have to send a photo of the infection!

#20 kadoodle

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:36 PM

I’ve got an 8am dr appointment tomorrow. She didn’t want to give me an antibiotic without seeing me, and couldn’t see me today (Good Friday). But it smells and hurts.

#21 Jingleflea

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

ouch!

#22 Ellie bean

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

Oh no I hope you get antibiotics in the morning and that they kick in soon

#23 Ninmum

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:50 AM

You will be fine☺️Start the AB's watch out for inflammation- extra swelling, redness and any yucky discharge.
You will know if it isn't getting better if it's swelling, extra redness. Good Luck

#24 SM3s Fight Song

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:51 AM

I hope you can get antibiotics this morning and they kick in quickly.  Sounds really painful kadoodle.  I hope you're OK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.