workcover

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 elmo_mum

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:30 PM

long story short
i worked for a lady who was a chardonady drinking wanna be pretentious

bought a business that she has no idea how to run
i was stressed, agitated and my anxiety was bad...

we had a "discussion"she ended with - im the boss, i dont have to tell you what i am doing
i told her - im going on stress leave and taking the matter to fair work

she fired me the day after i asked her to submit my worcover claim

cue me having a breakdown and hitting rock botton

i submitted my workcover claim....

AND IT WAS ACCEPTED!!!! AND SHE HAS TO PAY ME!!!!

SQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEE

THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!

happy easter or passover... either way - be safe, be sane and stay the f at home

#2 got my tinsel on

Posted 09 April 2020 - 05:01 PM

and same to you, elmo mum!

great outcome.

#3 Fi Fy Festive Fo

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:53 PM

Great news. I hope you can get well and stay well (physically and mentally)!

#4 Mollyksy

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:31 PM

That is great news. All the best for a speedy recovery.

#5 Anon wife

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:37 PM

Well done for seeing it through, so glad you’ll be compensated:)

#6 Greatmum

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:59 PM

can i ask how long it too for them to make a decision got a friend going through this has been going on for 8 months

And congrats to you!

#7 elmo_mum

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:16 AM

View PostGreatmum, on 09 April 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

can i ask how long it too for them to make a decision got a friend going through this has been going on for 8 months

And congrats to you!

About less than a week

Submitted  2 weeks ago
Spoke to Dr last friday
Assessor on Monday, she spoke to coworker on Tuesday
We both submitted statements on Wednesday
Approved yesterday

#8 Greatmum

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:57 AM

Wow that’s fast as I said friend has been waiting months

Great news for you though!

#9 Soontobegran

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:08 PM

View Postelmo_mum, on 10 April 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

About less than a week

Submitted  2 weeks ago
Spoke to Dr last friday
Approved yesterday

Wow, congratulations but I can confirm that a one week turnover for WC is almost unheard of...particularly at the moment.

Did you have a psych IME ?

Edited by Soontobegran, 10 April 2020 - 12:52 PM.

#10 SkeptiHandsOnMum

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:30 PM

View Postelmo_mum, on 10 April 2020 - 10:16 AM, said:

About less than a week

Submitted  2 weeks ago
Spoke to Dr last friday
Approved yesterday
WHoah! That is amazing! We are looking at about 9 months here. Any mental health/stress claims have to see designated psychiatrists before the claim will be determined. The time frame and the system are sometimes almost as stress-inducing than the original injury!

#11 .Jerry.

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:56 PM

Good news for you!
Psych applications are regularly much more difficult to prove.

My dad also got good Workcover news.  His claim for compensation for Mesothelioma (asbestos cancer) was approved by Workcover, despite him being self employed for most of his career.  Not sure of the payout yet, but can base our expectations on what the solicitor suggests.  Will help mum and dad be more comfortable as dad dies.  Will ease dad's mind too, as my parents don't have much.

#12 born.a.girl

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:10 PM

.Jerry., on 10 April 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

Good news for you!
Psych applications are regularly much more difficult to prove.

My dad also got good Workcover news.  His claim for compensation for Mesothelioma (asbestos cancer) was approved by Workcover, despite him being self employed for most of his career.  Not sure of the payout yet, but can base our expectations on what the solicitor suggests.  Will help mum and dad be more comfortable as dad dies.  Will ease dad's mind too, as my parents don't have much.

That's really good news, or as good as it can get for you, I guess.

Peace of mind for your Dad will be a big thing.

#13 elmo_mum

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:21 PM

wow - i didnt realise that there was a long wait!!!
im feeling extra pleased!!!

#14 Soontobegran

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:38 PM

elmo_mum, on 10 April 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

wow - i didnt realise that there was a long wait!!!
im feeling extra pleased!!!

There is generally a process by which WC eventually may or may not take responsibility for the claim and only comes to fruition after independent medical examinations which conclude that the employer is liable for the injury. This takes months or years usually.
This is especially the case when the injury is a psychological one.

You struck gold by the sounds elmo.

.Jerry., on 10 April 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

That is wonderful news Jerry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.