Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:45 AM

What are you buying your mum?

#2 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:48 AM

No idea for my mum.

But I know what I will be getting :)

#3 Riotproof

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:53 AM

Well, you can’t just leave that there without telling us.

#4 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:55 AM

A fiddle leaf fig tree with a pretty pot I want.

Nothing exciting :lol:

#5 JustBeige

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:58 AM

Gift card or $$ into her bank account.  I will drop in  card probably before mothers day.

my kids will probably run out the day before and get me some chocolates.

I dont really care this year and neither does mum.  We will definitely be video calling though, We did the same for Easter.

#6 Riotproof

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:08 AM

View Post~Jolly_F~, on 22 April 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

A fiddle leaf fig tree with a pretty pot I want.

Nothing exciting :lol:

I was looking at some beautiful pots on somewhere, maybe Etsy And then I realised they were 11 cm tall. So I guess it’s for a Cactus.

JB, yes I get you, I’m just feeling like I should put some effort in.

#7 ~LemonMyrtle~

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:11 AM

I don’t have the mental capacity right now to plan for a Mother’s Day gift to get to my mum. Wish we could just cancel it this year.
My friend is turning 40 too, another thing to organise.

#8 Lou-bags

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:20 AM

I’m getting my mum a sock gift pack from Mettle.

They are an initiative that provides stable work and training to women who are homeless and fleeing DV.

https://www.mettlegifts.com/

They are also doing hand sanitiser now! It’s not cheap, but like I said it’s supporting women rebuild their lives, and for each small batch they sell (I don’t know how many packs that equates to) they are donating 20L of sanitiser to women’s shelters!

#9 Mose

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:28 AM

Gifts no.

Great joy that the debacle that is inlaws on mother's Day will be abandoned though, I have thought about that a lot!

#10 Riotproof

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:29 AM

Wow, they look fantastic, Lou bags.

I have been looking at the buyfromthebush Insta and am looking at Greenwooddesigns.com.au

#11 Evra

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:34 AM

I’ve dropped many hints about the length of time deliveries are taking and the need to order ahead (because MIL will expect something, you know!) but DH has not reacted. I would like some fancy new pyjamas!
Have ordered some scrapbooking stuff for my Mum, since she seems to enjoy that during lockdown and we’re pretending she isn’t going out and buying things. But it is yet to arrive.

#12 Riotproof

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:36 AM

Pyjamas are a good idea, Evra. Yes, I thinking shipping will be a problem too. I don’t especially want to drive 1.5 hours to stand at the front door with a parcel.

do you have a brand in mind?

#13 71Cath

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:39 AM

I've ordered a book for my mum (essays on being a grandmother!) from Dymocks, it hasn't arrived yet.

#14 Jingleflea

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:40 AM

I've mentioned a few times to Dh that Koko Black is still open.

It is right near where he works!

Except he's at home now and no where near a shop, sigh.

Might do a card for MiL from us.

#15 Silverstreak

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:41 AM

Mum and I usually just ring each other up and say happy mother's day lol, so I'll be doing that. We don't really do anything extra at home, card making etc is usually outsourced to school!

What I'd like to do: book myself into a hotel for a night, take myself to dinner and a movie, lounge around a hotel room and then get a buffet breakfast the next day!

#16 IkeaAddict

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:42 AM

Mum will get flowers this year, if they are still delivering. It's likely I won't be able to see her anyway so I will also get a card that I will post to arrive there before

#17 Riotproof

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:45 AM

View PostIkeaAddict, on 22 April 2020 - 11:42 AM, said:

Mum will get flowers this year, if they are still delivering. It's likely I won't be able to see her anyway so I will also get a card that I will post to arrive there before

I was contemplating that but then I thought busy times of year, and ordering unseen might be risky. You know how the bouquet looks amazing on screen, and then arrives looking like crap?

#18 lozoodle

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:47 AM

Probably nothing, i might arrange for some flowers to be sent to her :)

#19 nom_de_plume

I have ordered flowers and some maccarons to be delivered to my Mum.

I've dropped several hints* to DP about what I would like seeing as he will be working on the day and doesn't have the school stall to save him.

*Okay so I have tagged him in about half a dozen companies advertising posts on Facebook saying 'suggestion for Mother's Day present'. Subtle as a sledgehammer.

#20 sahmie

I was going to get my mum an all in one sewing kit for a nice top (it comes with pattern, fabric, matching thread and buttons) and she definitely has the time now, so a bit special and out of the box BUT I have part of her overlocker at my house 😖 and I’m not sure the included pattern has allowed for French seams, so that’s out.
Another idea I had was those metal pegs for her clothes line, but that’s pretty boring and ho hum, so I was hoping to have something exciting to go with it.
She’s an avid gardener, but I know zilch about gardening so I have no idea what she’d want or need in that respect.
Anyone seen anything new or innovative in that area?

#21 Riotproof

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:50 AM

Sahmie, mum is getting into her garden too. She has one of those pod things.. a raised bed, on wheels I think? That has a cover, so it’s like a hot house. I’m not sure what it’s actually called.

#22 PrincessPeach

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:54 AM

I'm getting the kids to make a card for her. Will probably send her a lotto coupon as well.

Wedont go all out for mothers day.

#23 wilding

Posted 22 April 2020 - 11:56 AM

Honestly, at this stage it's the last thing on my mind.

#24 CrankyM

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:08 PM

I have zero ideas. I'm missing my mum hugely at the moment, and DH is useless at this type of thing for his mum and I don't want to think about it. I also have multiple family birthdays in May (7 of them!).

#25 Kiwi Bicycle

Posted 22 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

View PostRiotproof, on 22 April 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

I was contemplating that but then I thought busy times of year, and ordering unseen might be risky. You know how the bouquet looks amazing on screen, and then arrives looking like crap?

I find the best way is to find a store near the recipient that you have popped your head in to see, not a huge chain service. Also see if they deliver themselves, especially if they are local, it's more likely to arrive on time and done carefully. I would also do a phone order while looking at their website, so you can guage care, suggestions etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.