Due in January 2021 chat #1

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Chelli

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to your own little section ladies and a HUGE congratulations.

:BFP: :BFP: :babyboy: :babygirl: :babyboy: :babygirl: :BFP: :BFP:  

Enjoy this wonderful journey and I wish you all a wonderful birth.

Please make sure you read this forums rules in particular Facebook, this group is a safe place and inclusive of anyone due in this month. Do not post about Facebook Groups

If you need any help just let me know.

#2 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:43 AM

Hi all!
I’m shocked I’m the only one here so far .
Is anyone else due in Jan 2021?

I found out 2 weeks ago that we were expecting number 3. EDD is Jan 6th so I’m currently 5weeks.
We already have a 10 year old and a 3 year old :) .

#3 henryk

Posted 07 May 2020 - 12:14 PM

Congratulations!!

I just got a BFP a few days ago so very early days here, but if all goes well I'm due about 15th Jan.

This is number two, also have a 2.5yo.

How are you feeling so far?

#4 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

Hello! Congratulations to you too!

So far I feel pretty good . Extremely sore boobs, and extreme tiredness in the afternoon, mild hangover feeling at night .
I’m sooooo hoping it stays like this
With both my 2 DSs I had horrible morning sickness , vomiting multiple times a day.

How are you?

#5 henryk

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

I'm doing ok so far, very mild nausea but nothing too bad yet. I had really bad nausea last time from 6-10 weeks but no vomiting, would be great to escape both this time but don't have my hopes up!

Are you having a dating scan?

#6 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 11 May 2020 - 09:09 AM

I spoke too soon , was up all night vomiting . Bit better today but still so nauseous .

I had my 4 week blood test done and results came back at 1003 so doctor wanted an early Dating scan to check dates. Scan will be this Thursday :) .
What about you?

I’m shocked it’s still so quiet in here ! My last DIG there was at least 20 of us !

#7 henryk

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:39 AM

Oh no, you poor thing. Thats no fun at all, especially when it starts so early on.

That's a great number for 4 weeks, good luck with your scan! Are you confident you have your dates right?

I got my first HCG results for 12/13 DPO and it was only 131, which is still well within normal range but a fair bit lower than my first pregnancy at the same stage so I'm feeling a little nervous. Had another blood test this morning but probably won't get the results for a couple of days, the labs are really slow at the moment! Hopefully doubling properly then I can relax a bit. I've been using HPT's like a maniac but they just make me crazy so I'm backing away from the tests now lol.

I'm surprised how quiet it is too. There have been a few BFP's over on the TTC boards recently, hopefully some of them will make their way across soon :yes:

#8 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:48 PM

I’m 100% of my dates so am quietly over here freaking out that it’s twins lol. They don’t run in my family but my high HCG, very early strong positives and intense nausea is making me think it’s a possibility. Only way to know will be at my scan on Thursday .

Oh hopefully some join us soon :)

Hopefully won’t take too long for you blood test ! Will the doctor call with the results ?

#9 henryk

Posted 12 May 2020 - 01:54 PM

Eek, twins, definitely sounds like a possibility, I can imagine that would be a huge shock!

Doctor rang this morning with my results and HCG has gone up to 866 in 4 days, so a doubling time of 35 hours. Geez I hope I’m not having twins too lol. Unlikely, my levels are now in line with my first pregnancy so I’m sure it’s just one.

Edited by henryk, 12 May 2020 - 02:14 PM.

#10 littlemummy90

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:38 PM

Hey,

Thought I'd start posting now. Due 9th and this will be my 4th. Won't go to Dr till probably week 7.

Twins sounds terrifying! But hopefully it goes well for both of you. 12 week scans aren't long off. Both opting for those?

#11 Inda

Posted 13 May 2020 - 09:59 AM

Hi Ladies,

I said I would wait and not get ahead of myself but here I am.
I got a strong BFP on Sunday (Mothers Day) after trying for #2 for just on 12 months, which included a missed miscarriage resulting in a D&C in September and an early loss (CP?) in January.
We have a beautiful but sassy DD who is 2 next week.

I have made my initial appointment for next week, then will anxiously wait for a dating scan.
Not much in the way of symptoms. Sore boobs, tired and the occasional slight feelings of nausea.
Hope you are all well.

ETA - I have calculated my EDD to be the 19th.

Edited by Inda, 13 May 2020 - 10:15 AM.

#12 henryk

Posted 13 May 2020 - 10:41 AM

Welcome littlemummy90 and Inda!! Congratulations to you both! lovely to have a few more people join the group.

littlemummy90 we will do a dating scan in a couple of weeks(at about 7 weeks), I'm fairly sure of my dates but just like to make sure everything is ok and in the right place etc.

Planning on doing NIPT this time as well. We didn't with my first but I'm 35 now so decided to play it safe.

#13 Cate4BJ

Posted 14 May 2020 - 03:31 PM

Hello! I'm not certain of my due date yet, but it will be somewhere between the 4th and 9th of Jan!
This will be my 3rd baby. I have a 5 yo girl and nearly 3yo boy 😊
We've been trying for about 6 months, but I have weird cycles due to my pcos. I was about to start letrozole to help induce ovulation but found out I was pregnant!
I have a dating/viability scan next Friday the 22nd, so trying not to get too ahead of myself until then.

Carpet diem - how did your scan go?
Henryk- I'll be 37 in September so I've been thinking of doing the NIPT this time too

#14 Freestyle Mamma

Posted 16 May 2020 - 02:42 AM

Congrats everyone! Didn’t expect to be posting here again. Baby #4 and big surprise. :-) I have DD 8,  DS 6 and DD 3. Haven’t been to doc yet but will head next week sometime to get iron etc checked out. I’m 38 (39 in July). 1st DD was c-section followed by 2 natural VBACS. Will probably have minimal scans etc. will have 12 week and 20 week though because apparently I’m old now :-o (seems so weird to be considered old). I’m estimating due date sometime around 24th jan. hoping to go with a midwifery group program or home birth.

Hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying their beautiful news.

#15 Smartiepants

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:06 AM

Hi ladies! Congrats to all :)

I am also suprised to be here, due 2 January 2021. I have a 3.5 year old son who is super excited but I didnt feel like I was ready for another. I suppose the universe had other plans.

I am feeling rubbish, so much nausea and general hit-by-a-truck situation. Felt none of this with my son. Grateful to be working from home so I can keep looking like a haggard  mess in the comfort of home but not getting much work done.

I am planning to do the NIPT this time, but am confused by what this entails. Is it scans? Blood test? Both?

#16 henryk

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:40 AM

View PostSmartiepants, on 18 May 2020 - 10:06 AM, said:

Hi ladies! Congrats to all :)

I am also suprised to be here, due 2 January 2021. I have a 3.5 year old son who is super excited but I didnt feel like I was ready for another. I suppose the universe had other plans.

I am feeling rubbish, so much nausea and general hit-by-a-truck situation. Felt none of this with my son. Grateful to be working from home so I can keep looking like a haggard  mess in the comfort of home but not getting much work done.

I am planning to do the NIPT this time, but am confused by what this entails. Is it scans? Blood test? Both?

Welcome and congratulations! Hope the nausea passes quickly. I'm also so relieved to be working from home this time around, going to work and commuting on the train was horrible with my first pregnancy.

NIPT is a blood test, and you can just get blood collected at most pathology centres BUT a lot of women's imaging places offer a quick scan beforehand just to check viability before you fork out $400-500 for the test, so I recommend checking if you have anywhere locally that does that.

It's still recommended to get the 12 week scan done separately after that to check baby is structurally ok, but you don't have to get the extra blood test that normally goes along with it I don't think, because the NIPT covers that.

Welcome and congratulations too Freestyle Mamma and Cate4BJ!

-Carpe Diem- how did your scan go?

#17 Fruittingle

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:20 PM

Hi guys. So just did a test and have 2 lines it’s faint but it’s a start. Hoping this will be my rainbow baby. I had my first miscarriage in November at 10wks then my second one in February at 6 wks so hoping third time lucky. I have a 5 yr old boy. Look forward to sharing this adventure with you all. Due date estimate 25th Jan.

#18 littlemummy90

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:14 PM

Wow, no first time mum's yet? Still plenty of time I guess.

Hope you are all travelling well.

Fruittingle, I hope this is your rainbow baby!

#19 monchie

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:21 PM

Hello! First time mum here.
I got my positives a few days ago after a few losses over the last few years. Hoping this one is a sticky!
Other than giant sore boobs, no symptoms yet.
I have my fingers crossed and really looking forward to an early scan. From all the apps, I am due around 27 Jan.

#20 -Carpe Diem-

Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:25 AM

Hi everyone !
Welcome to all and congratulations!
Had a scan last week and found 1 baby measuring right on dates with a great heart beat of 115bpm :).

I am now 7+2, my nausea has been much better this pregnancy than my last 2. I vomit in the morning but then only feel mild nausea until night time when he hits again. It’s so much more manageable than vomiting constantly ! :)

Can’t recall who asked but We will do the Harmony test at 11weeks. It’s approx $450 I think which is much cheaper than with DS2 who was $600!

#21 henryk

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:01 AM

View Post-Carpe Diem-, on 22 May 2020 - 08:25 AM, said:

Hi everyone !
Welcome to all and congratulations!
Had a scan last week and found 1 baby measuring right on dates with a great heart beat of 115bpm Posted Image.

I am now 7+2, my nausea has been much better this pregnancy than my last 2. I vomit in the morning but then only feel mild nausea until night time when he hits again. It’s so much more manageable than vomiting constantly ! Posted Image

Can’t recall who asked but We will do the Harmony test at 11weeks. It’s approx $450 I think which is much cheaper than with DS2 who was $600!

Yay, great news! My scan is still 6 days away, time is really dragging.

I'm 6 weeks today, nausea is starting to really ramp up. So happy to be working from home, I couldn't face going in to work at the moment and having to hide how rubbish I feel.

#22 henryk

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:02 AM

And welcome monchie!!! Congratulations. Fingers crossed this is your take home baby xx

#23 Freestyle Mamma

Posted 22 May 2020 - 11:14 AM

FRUITTINGLE: sending sticky vibes your way. I’ve had 3 miscarriages (and 3 healthy earth side babes, this one is #4) and it’s so hard not be nervous. Lots of love coming at you.

MONCHIE: congratulations! Sending lots of sticky vibes your way for your rainbow baby!

CARPE DIEM: what wonderful news. I hope your managing to get some rest at least with working from home- even a sneaky 15 minute lie down. Are your sons at home with you?

My bloods came back good 4.5 weeks HCG over 2000 and thyroid, vit D, b’s etc all great. Slight nausea but nothing crazy. Have never really had any major morning sickness so I think I’m lucky. Thank goodness as I have 3 beautiful homeschooled kiddo’s to chase. Hope the nausea stays away. :-) but I’m only about 5 weeks so I’ll have to wait and see.

#24 monchie

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

Would anyone be interested if I created a group on that other form of social media?

#25 Inda

Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:39 PM

Hi Ladies,
Welcome and congratulations to those recently joined.

I had my initial appointment and bloods done on Wednesday for results today. My HCG is at 12,000 (5+3 from LMP when bloods were taken).  All other results good/clear. Also got a referral for dating scan which I will book in for around 8 weeks, so still a couple of weeks away.

Definitely as long as it is private Monchie. I am still a while off telling anyone yet.
Has anyone told their news yet?

Hope you are all well.

Edited by Inda, 22 May 2020 - 05:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.