Jeans for ladies over 40

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 RabbitHash

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:30 PM

I'm wondering where you get your jeans if you are approaching 40 or beyond?
I normally get Levis but I'd like to get jeans that maybe are a bit more comfy but also reasonably on trend.

#2 Ozquoll

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:31 PM

Not Your Daughters Jeans (NYDJ) might be the thing.

#3 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

I didn’t know they made jeans for the over 40’s market, must look into it.

#4 José

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:41 PM

I guess I'm in the age bracket of 'approaching 40 or beyond'

My fav jeans are saba

#5 chicken_bits

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:54 PM

View Postineedmorecoffee, on 11 May 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

I didn’t know they made jeans for the over 40’s market, must look into it.

Huh? Is 40 the threshold for when you have to start wearing 'slacks' or 'trousers' instead? I must've missed that memo!

#6 Sloppy

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:55 PM

I don’t think of age as the determining factor - just the look your after and body shape.  The cut of the jean is more important regardless of age

#7 Dianalynch

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:56 PM

I head to country road, the store for ladies over 40 who like to be comfortable but haven’t completely given up. Yet.

https://www.countryr...ch-Jegging.html

#8 blimkybill

Posted 11 May 2020 - 06:59 PM

Sportscraft do nice pants of various kinds, and jeans.

#9 SeaPrincess

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

I used to wear men’s Levi’s before having children, and I’ve never loved their women’s jeans for my shape. Last year I tried on a whole lot of jeans and ended up buying Sportscraft because they fit nicely and were the right length - Levi’s were a good few inches too long in what was allegedly the same length.

#10 Soontobegran

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:25 PM

I am 65 and wear the same brands as my daughters.
Age does not factor into my choice in clothes but comfort and look do.

I like Jeans West and Katies jeans.

#11 ineedmorecoffee

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:27 PM

chicken_bits said:

1589187285[/url]' post='18630819']
Huh? Is 40 the threshold for when you have to start wearing 'slacks' or 'trousers' instead? I must've missed that memo!

I was thinking the same thing! I didn’t know it was a different category - jeans for the over 40’s woman ;)

In all seriousness, I think its more about body shape and personal tastes rather than age.

Edited by ineedmorecoffee, 11 May 2020 - 07:29 PM.

#12 Chchgirl

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

I'm in my early 50's but usually whatever fits.

I can finally wear Jeanswest again after many many years 😊

#13 Mumma bug

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:40 PM

I’m short with a tummy but still reasonably slim. I like Danni Minogue Petites - they all seem to be high waisted which keeps everything in place.

#14 Ivy Ivy

Posted 11 May 2020 - 07:53 PM

I wear Target jeans, in an old unfashionable style (i.e. not skin tight) that majorly dates me.  My jeans are so old they've patches, and not in a fashion-cool way, but in a they are ripped through actually thinning of fabric with age and wear-and-tear way.  I clicked onto Dianalynch's Country rd and would've bought a pair if they had anything other than skin tight.
She types as she eats a bag of chocolate Twirl Bites.
Whatever.

#15 YodaTheWrinkledOne

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:00 PM

I have never liked the low rise jeans. Even when I was in my 20s, but even less as I get older. And I prefer them to cover my ankles.

Although last year I got a pair of jeans from Sussan and they have become my favourites. But usually I can pick up some jeans from Jeans West.

#16 petal71

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:05 PM

Target. I like the high waisted variety that are tight in the leg. So far I think I get away with it. Have tried others but resent paying $150 for no better fit.

#17 chillipeppers

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

View PostChchgirl, on 11 May 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

I'm in my early 50's but usually whatever fits.

I can finally wear Jeanswest again after many many years 😊
jeanswest has gone into administration hasn’t it?

#18 xx1stxx

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:11 PM

Id like to find something that doesn't have stretch.  Even Levi's are now super stretchy.  I need something to keep it all in, not let the bumps jiggle, no matter how comfortable.
I used to get jeans west, but last time i bought a couple of pairs they too had changed to super stretch.  I much prefer bootleg than any other style.   I do not have the figure for skinny jeans, as they say, fat girls shouldn't wear skinny jeans or leggings!

#19 Jingleflea

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

I wear jeans (straight leg) from Be Me. (plus sizes)
I can go and buy the same pair year after year and know they'll fit and look decent.

And I can get them on sale, I refuse to pay over about $60 for jeans.

#20 Lifesgood

I'm 50 and wear Guess jeans. Comfy, have a bit of stretch and still look reasonably fashionable.

#21 red_squirrel

I like the Trenery ones in every version except skinny and that’s just because of the shape of my legs.
I get them when they are on special as they don’t particularly date as they are just standard style. No holes (looking at you Susan) or weird bits.

#22 Chchgirl

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:14 PM

View Postchillipeppers, on 11 May 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

jeanswest has gone into administration hasn’t it?

Yes, I was able to get some stuff cheap when they were selling off stock before Covid, I don't know about now.. I've still seen them selling online.

Edited by Chchgirl, 11 May 2020 - 08:14 PM.

#23 chicken_bits

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:17 PM

View Postineedmorecoffee, on 11 May 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

I was thinking the same thing! I didn’t know it was a different category - jeans for the over 40’s woman ;)

In all seriousness, I think its more about body shape and personal tastes rather than age.

Apologies! I missed the sarcasm tone. You needed the emoji wink in the first one!

#24 Mozzie1

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:23 PM

View PostLifesgood, on 11 May 2020 - 08:13 PM, said:

I'm 50 and wear Guess jeans. Comfy, have a bit of stretch and still look reasonably fashionable.

I bought Guess jeans less than a year ago, and they have stretched and look awful now.

#25 Mrs Zee

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

Oh sh*t. I turn 40 on Thursday.

I had no idea my jeans were about to expire. Thanks to this thread, I now have some leads, best hop to it.

Or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.