Santa hats and cards
Santa hats and cards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peta&chris

Posted 04 December 2003 - 11:54 PM

Hi girls

Wondering if anyone can help me I want to make xmas c ards and put a photo of my 5 month Abby on the front.
Does anyone no where you can buy little buba santa hats from and the cards where you can put the photos in.I went and had some photos done in Myers with Abby sitting on Santa and was not very impressed with the photographer.Abby is one of those babies who will smile when suits her and no one else and when we actually got her to smile do you think the women got the picture.Needless to say i was not happy and have decided to make my own as well.Anyway you probably  werent interested in that but i thought i would tell you anyway just having a winge.

Cheers Peta

#2 *Lis*

Posted 05 December 2003 - 07:18 AM

Hi Peta,

I can't help with the photo cards specifically, but try a camera store.  They have have what you are looking for, or even be able to lead you in the right direction.

I got a little santa hat for Breanna from the $2 shop.  Its red with little silver sequin type things on it with quite a fluffy band.  I thought it was really cute.  

Hope you find what you are looking for.

~Lisa~

Breanna - 7.4.01
EDD - 16.6.04

#3 Shellybells

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:08 AM

Hi Peta,

I saw some photo Christmas Cards in my local K Mart the other day for $1 each. They were on display on the desk at the photo processing lab.

I had trouble finding a santa hat to fit my DS, so I bought some reindeer antlers which fit better. We used the santa hat to put over his shirt as he had dribbled and in the end we were very happy with the result.

HTH

Shell
DH Trad
DS Kaden Brooke 30/3/03

This message was edited by Shellybells on Friday, 5 December 2003 @ 10:14 AM

#4 Ruey

Posted 05 December 2003 - 09:16 AM

Hi Peta

Photo cards are very easy to make yourself...

Just head to your closest Spotlight, Lincraft or Art Riot or scrapbooking store and pick up

1. nice cardstock (just cut to size and fold)

2. Cardstock in a different colour cut just slightly bigger than your photos to matt your photos

3. Photo tabs or Photo corners to stick the photo down.  

4. If you want the receiver to be able to remove the photo to frame or slip in an album, then just cut some small slits in your cardstock so two opposite corners of your photo just slips in.

5. Nice A4 Christmassy paper to print Merry Christmas from xxx family to stick inside the card.

6. And before you do all of this...buy nice ready made envelopes and do your card to suit it.

For cutting cardstock and trimming your photos...I highly recommend a cheap metal ruler ($3)and an art scalpel ($3) and something to protect your table while you cut...so a self healing matt ($5) or just some thick box cardboard.

It's all heaps of fun and you can be really creative and stick on nice Christmas glitter, Christmas precut shaped sequins.

Hope that has helped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.