May 04 - In A Heartbeat...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ~Anni~

Posted 05 May 2004 - 10:48 AM

In a Heartbeat...

[b]MAY is a special month to think about mums and all that they lovingly undergo for their children.

Katrina is an Essential Baby moderator, who has two gorgeous girls, Ella and Sienna.  
In this month's story, 'In a heartbeat...', Katrina relates the story of Sienna's birth, and the terrifying events that followed.

READ ON ...

Feedback for Katrina may also be left below.

If you would like to nominate a member to tell their story, or you would like to tell your own, we'd love to read it!
Please send an email to:

customerservice@essentialbaby.com.au [color=white]

This message was edited by ~Anni~ on Monday, 1 November 2004 @ 12:47 PM

#2 foofie

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:17 AM

A very powerful and moving story to read and recount yet again... best not to read at work though cause you'll be sprung!

All of the June 03 mums' are so proud of Miss Sienna and the fight that she has displayed over the last 10months! Goes without saying for K & J too!

Beautifully written Anni, as per usual! original.gif

Foofie
"CAPTAIN SPARKLE" 14/6/03

#3 ~Anni~

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:24 PM

I agree Foof - you wrote a beautiful story Katrina original.gif
It was all a bit of a rush, but she had the story and photo's through before the deadline - very well done !
It was a pleasure to read, and I'm so glad that your gorgeous Sienna is doing so well today original.gif

#4 ~Pisces~

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:52 PM

Wow, what an incredibly moving story and thankfully a wonderfully happy ending.

Katrina, thank you for sharing this, I had a lump in my throat from beginning to end.

The picture of your two girls is absolutely gorgeous, I can't help but smile whenever I see it.

So glad to hear Sienna is doing well now.

Bec
xx

#5 foofie

Posted 05 May 2004 - 01:37 PM

Wow Anni, you didn't write it? Well surely you must have edited it as Katrina's not known for short posts... ;p lol

Foofie
"CAPTAIN SPARKLE" 14/6/03

#6 Sandra

Posted 05 May 2004 - 02:01 PM

Katrina reading that took me right back to those days, the waiting and worrying was bad this end, and I can imagine what it was like your end.

It is so great to see how far Sienna has come from those first horrible days of uncertainty.  Through it all you and James always seemed to be so positive whenever I talked to either of you, it was the one thing that struck me, your determination that she would be fine, the powers of positive thinking.

Many thanks for sharing that painful and emotional time in your families life.

<center>Sandra</center>

<center><center>

<center>"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money."</center>

#7 Guest_jakimetcalf_*

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:29 PM

I second Foof...We are so proud of you Katrina & the beautiful Sienna...

Jaki-32  DH Les-33
[center]The King...Samuel John

#8 Bel

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:32 PM

Wow.

I replied to your other post with the pic of the adorable (and cheeky) Sienna walking.

Thank you so much for sharing your story, and I am happy to see that Sienna is going great guns now...

Take Care...

Bel
xx

DH: Matt
DS: Joshua 29.09.02

#9 ~*Bee*~

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:07 PM

Katrina... Sorry to say this, but I just can't read it all again....I blubbered like a fool the first time, I can't go back for more wink.gif
I am so glad that Sie has thrived the way she has. She has done you all proud and undoubtedly stunned the various medical professionals.

<center> My name is Sophie and I am a TimTam theif ;p </center>        

<center></center>

#10 Guest_Coop-Dee_*

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:25 PM

Well done to Miss Sienna, from a fellow Junie Mama xoxoxoxo

#11 ~Anni~

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:07 PM

Thank you so much Katrina for sharing your wonderful story !  Your girls are absolutely gorgeous, and Sienna has shown herself to be a brave little fighter very early in life ! original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.