New Thread Time original.gif

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....showtopic=74850

#2 GothicVamp

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

Me first! yay!

Hope you are all doing well

#3 ~Sophie~

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

Why oh why do they always start a new thread when the old one just got interesting again!  Maybe it will take us another year before they do a new one again!.

#4 ~Col~

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:23 AM

Hi Ladies!

Thank you all for your well wishes and congrats!

We are going well here. Bailey was weighed and measured yesterday and he's back to his birth weight which is great. He's also 2cm longer and his head is 1/2 cm bigger. wink.gif

Other than a few feeding/sleeping issues he is going well.

As for me I've developed high blood pressure (167/107) and also appear to have high cholesterol (7.2). Neither of which I've ever had in my life. I'm terrified that I'll end up on medication for the rest of my life as my BP doesn't appear to be reducing. I went this morning for a fasting blood test to get a better idea about what's happening with my body and cholesterol. Fingers crossed!!

Christmas Day was a bit of a blur. I only got out of hospital the day before so I was still trying to get into a "home" routine, even though we were on holidays in a caravan on the Tweed Coast. original.gif The kids all got spoilt rotten anyway and we ended up with so many toys that DP had to make a trip home just to make space.  ohmy.gif

Here are some pictures of Bailey and a cute one of Isabella with her first pig tails. original.gif

Bailey Being Born
Bailey 1st Xmas
Bailey Lifting Up His Head
Bailey Chilling Out

Isabella

Best get going Bailey is grizzling.

Take care all and I'll post more later (hopefully).

#5 katei

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hellooooooo,

Long time no post from me!

Some news from Sophie that Timmy was born on Saturday 21/1 by c/section 5 weeks early.  He weighed 2.7kg.  He was transferred to the childrens hospital last night becasue his lungs weren't working properly.  They are hoping he'll be back to the hospital where she is in 48 hours.  Fingers crossed!  He looks like his dad.  

We are all fine.  Ben was 4 last week and is off to kindy soon (2 days a week).  James is a delightful 2 year old who acts like a 3 year old.  Bridget is 9 months old and is a gorgoeus little girl.  It's great being a mum.  

Congrats Col.  It is lovely having 3 children!  

I'd better go and get Bridget to bed.  The boys are at daycare today so I should be cleaning!

Kate

#6 *Pea*

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:35 AM

Congratulations to Col and Sophie on their new additions. I will expect a full report in a few months time on how it is having 3 kids. At this stage, I think we will stop at 2 but we'll consider it again in a few years time (when I've forgotten the horror of sleepless nights... wink.gif ) Actually Maya is pretty good. She still wakes for 1 feed a night but I don't begrudge her as she takes 10 mins and then goes straight into bed. It's great. She doesn't sleep much during the day though but is so go natured it doesn't matter. Chif is growing up so much. He is a great big brother and really looks out for his little sister. She is starting to crawl now and pull herself up, she claps, dances and watches (and loves) the Wiggles already original.gif I go back to work in April which I am actually looking forward to. This stay at home mum job is much harder than my normal job!

#7 ~Col~

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:15 PM

Hi Ladies

Congratulations Sophie!!

Happy 4th Birthday
January 2002
Babies!!

Long time no post!! Okay, brag time!! Hehehe!!

Riley is doing well. He chatters away now and constantly amazes me with what he says and does.

He is so good with directions. Today on the way to swimming, he said to me "if you go that way, it's the hospital", meaning the hospital where I had Bailey 2 months ago, we were nowhere near it but it was the turn-off that took us there. Then he said "Grandma C took us to the hospital in Daddy's car". OMG!! What a memory!! He also gives me complete directions to daycare, the IL's, my Mum's, swimming, my sisters and the shops.

He's also taken to counting down the days until Bella's birthday (12 sleeps). So cute!!

I've lost track of how high he can count but he recognises most numbers up to 100 now and he also knows the complete alphabet.

Oh, here is a pic of his attempt to write his name. Now keep in mind that this was taken in May 2005 (last year) so he's gotten a lot better since then. original.gif

He can now write it clearly, although he still does his e's backwards.

He's still absolutely obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine but he's now added a Bob The Builder obsession to it. He's not big on Spiderman or Batman although he does have some of their clothes. Oddly enough he's now back into The Wiggles because of Bella.

Bella is doing well. Picking up things so much quicker than Riley did, I guess that's what happens when she's copying a big brother with everything. She turns two in 2 weeks time. OMG!! Hasn't that gone fast!!

Bailey is also doing well. Growing fast and is a real little wriggler. He's now 8.5 weeks!! Unfortunately, he wants to be carried ALL THE TIME and doesn't sleep much during the day. sad.gif

Me, I'm doing okay. My diet is going okay, I won't say well because I'm stuggling with being starving all the time. My GP tells me it's because I'm breastfeeding and my hormones are all over the place, and when I feel that way I should eat more but it's been constant the last few days and I don't want to go backwards with my weight loss. IYKWIM?? My BP has been fine thank goodness!!

Anyway, I'd best head off. Bailey is crying...again!!

#8 ~Col~

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:20 PM

Helloooooo?????

Come out, come out, wherever you are...

#9 lishermide

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

Oh boy, this thread really gets lost doesn't it? I'm sure I posted sometime in the last thread.....my posts are so few & far between I'm sure I've introduced myself a few times now  tongue.gif

So how are the other 4yo's going?

Miranda is doing well, she's in "the big room" at preschool now ready for school next year  ohmy.gif . Enjoying every minute of it too it seems, though she still gets a little teary sometimes at being left there...I suspect its more because she thinks she's missing out on whatever we're doing than anything else.

Hello Col original.gif Anyone else around?

#10 smithy

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:14 AM

WOW not many of us then?? Just joined 2005 group and was looking for dd1 jan group and it all the way back here on page ( cant remember lmao)

Anyway i see the last post was a few months ago  ph34r.gif

Im Brandie mum to Chloe 4.5 ( 10 jan 02) and Tanah 1. We live in perth . Hope to get to know some of you  biggrin.gif

#11 Guest_Lush_*

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:35 AM

Just bumping you chatterboxes up past all the locked threads wink.gif

#12 ~Col~

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

LOL!! How slack ar$e are we!!!!!!

Riley is going well. Talking constantly now...loves playing with his little sister and baby brother.

He's still obsessed with his Thomas trains and has a really good friend at daycare that we hear about constantly.

Here is a pic of his most recent game...Trains...

And I just love this pic taken at my Mum's new place...

Not much happening here. Between the kids and their roll playing games my house always looks like a disaster zone.  blush.gif

Can you believe that our kids are going to start Prep next year!!! Holy moley....I can't believe it!! I get teary even thinking about my little "baby" starting school. ohmy.gif

Anyway, better keep going...hope everyone is well!!

Take care all!!

Edited by ~Col~, 04 September 2006 - 01:01 PM.

#13 katei

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:31 PM

Hi Col,

All fine here - kids are gowing too fast.  Ben is Mr Chatterbox who knows everything!  James is 3 in 5 weeks time and has just had his first lot of stitches from jumping in the pool.  He looks older (and sometimes acts) than he is - he's almost the same size as Ben (weighs the same just a bit shorter).  He likes talking too! Bridget is 16.5 months and throws good tantrums but is a delightful little girl who has daddy wrapped around her finger and knows how to sort the boys out.  She is starting to chat away too - the boys have arguments over who should be talking so I am waiting for the 3 to be talking at once.  

My house always looks like a bomb has hit it too - the blocks are out atm - just for a change from teh trains.  Ben wanted trains but Bridget destroys the tracks so I said we'd keep them for when she was asleep.  He lvoes his trains too - especially making tracks.  

I love Rileys dimples!  

OOh - just got a parcel of clothes in the mail - mum went shopping for her last week.  

keep well!

kate

#14 ~kylie~

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:45 PM

Oh wow, we have a thread! I have looked a few times but I haven't seen one.

Jessica is doing well. She's at her second year at pre-school and just thriving. She's recently started reading and she loves all things academic.

I recently had #3, another little girl who was born at home 4 weeks ago. We're doing well. original.gif

Are there any more of us out there?

#15 lishermide

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:01 PM

Wow, this thread is really pumping  tongue.gif original.gif

We're doing very well. Miranda's preschool went on an "excursion" to the local school today in preparation for starting school next year original.gif She was so excited & can't wait to start! Given the chance she'd start tomorrow.

Uggh, my baby girl is growing up!

#16 ejsmum

Posted 01 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

Yoohoo!!  Remember me? It's bunty (Cherise) blink.gif I seem to have lost my old username but retained the post count... WT?

I have just popped in to say hello to the Jan 02 mummies that I used to know  :biggrin: .  Xander, my little baby, is about to turn 5 in 4 days time, as are all of your wee delights in the next 31 days!  He is starting prep this year, is mad on Pokemon and a little livewire!  He is still really loving, but can fight with the rest of them when he needs to, LOL.  He loves riding his bike in the bush, scootering, and is a mad computer addict (Hotwheels website is the best according to him).  It is only a month until my eldest Ethan turns 7.  So scary!  I worked part time this year while Xander was in Kindy - the first time back at work as an engineer since Xander was born!  A bit scary at first but good to get back.

I would post a pic of Xander but haven't been here in soooo long and really don't know how wink.gif.

Hope someone is still out there to talk to!

Edited by ejsmum, 01 January 2007 - 01:13 PM.

#17 ejsmum

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

*Hmph, stamps foot*  Where is everyone and why are you all ignoring me  blink.gif  Tounge1.gif

#18 katei

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:17 PM

Hello!  I'm still here - mainly lurking in the WA threads.  I do remember you  biggrin.gif .  I think i was pg with james when we met.

My "baby" is 5 in a couple of weeks and is a young man now (complete with black eye at the moment).  He never stops talking - my mum is adamant he'll be a politician!  My next baby James is 3 now and has the attitude to go with it at the moment but has a smile that lights up his whole face.  My baby girl is 20 months and is trying hard to keep up with the boys.  

I'm still at home with the kids - I'm thinking about trying to get some work while I have the younger 2 in daycare one day a week (starting soon) but it might all be too hard - the gym, groceries and housework might get done instead.  

That's it for me!

Great to hear from you.

kate

#19 ~Col~

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Wow!! Hello Ladies!!

Bunty - OMG!! I've missed seeing you around!! original.giforiginal.gif If you want to upload pics you'll need to put them into something like photobucket and then insert them into your post (using the img code). Clear as mud?? Hehehe!!

Kate - Great to hear from you!! LOL @
the gym, groceries and housework might get done instead.
Same here!!

Lisa - How is Miranda going now??

Brandie - Welcome!! Sorry to say that this thread gets neglected by all of us...LOL!!

Kylie - How are things going with you??

Well we're still plugging along here. Nothing exciting to tell really.

The kids (Riley & Isabella) got given a wooden play kitchen for Christmas and they think it's the bees knees!! LOL!! Both are still really into the roll playing games and I'm always hearing Riley playing with his trains and repeating what he's heard on one of his Thomas DVD's. wink.gif  rolleyes.gif

Only 3 weeks until my little man starts Prep...so scary!!

He was so excited on Friday 'cause we bought him his new "school" shoes. Got some nice black jogger type ones with velcro fasteners from Rivers. He loves them and they look really smart. wink.gif

We've ordered his uniforms and also his stationary. Just have to get his lunch box and drink bottle tomorrow at shopping. ohmy.gif

Anyway, best keep going. Still unpacking after our chrissy holidays.

Take care everyone!!

#20 ejsmum

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:43 AM

Yay, you found me!  biggrin.gif

I too have a little man starting prep in Qld this year.  We have the uniform and all the books and supplies.  We just got the shoes as they have requested velcro covered shoes.  I sat for two hours yesterday and covered Ethan and Xander's exercise and scrapbooks.  Can't say that was much fun! LOL  Ethan starts grade 2 this year although he is doing grade 3 maths acceleration.  I hate to see how Xander will fare in prep as he is already doing grade 1 maths  laugh.gif .  He is reading a little - much more than Ethan did and keen to learn more (unlike Ethan who thinks reading is BORING!). I can believe that 5 years ago we had either just had our babies or about to have them!  blink.gif  Xander still seems too small to go to school  laugh.gif . We talked about New Year's Resolutions and he said his was to grow to 110 cm.  I asked why and he said then he can go on all the rides at Wet'n'Wild on the Gold Coast!  biggrin.gif  We went there in October and he was too small for most of them.  

Col, Xander is really into role playing with Ethan too.  Their current game is called 'hugger monkey' where Xander is the baby hugger monkey - called a mini monk, who hatches from an egg, and Ethan is the boy hugger monkey.  Their attack is to hug really tightly!  laugh.gif  Either that or he wears his knights costume with two swords, a dagger and a pirate's pistol tucked into the one belt.  

Well I had better go and have a coffee before my brain explodes! LOL  I will be back to check on you all wink.gif.

#21 GothicVamp

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

blush.gif

Hi everyone! Great to see everyone is doing really well!

We are all ok here too... Lillyana is starting school also this year and we have had her formally IQ tested to be ready for school... she is so smart. She is at a year two reading level already ( I kid you not) and her behaviour is definatly pointing to extreme boredom and being ready for school!

She never ever sits still.. has been dx with ADHD so I guess thats why.

Ive had her weighed and measured and she is the size of a small 7 yr old which scares me. She is around 118cms and 21.5 kgs with size 13 feet. She is doing athletics and also Guides so im trying to expend her energy that way.

Anyway best be off,
Fe

Edited by ~*Fiona*~, 12 January 2007 - 01:48 PM.

#22 ~Col~

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hey Fe, great to see you in here!!

I just wanted to pop on and wish all our "bubbas" a great big

HAPPY
5th
BIRTHDAY!!!!!

and a huge

Happy
5th
Birthday
to my baby boy
Riley!!

His little sister didn't even wait until we were out of bed this morning before getting his presents from their hiding space and giving them to him.

I woke to the sounds of giggling in the dinning room and the sound of tearing paper. Came out and he'd already opened all the presents.  So I didn't get to take any pictures.  But I might set him up tonight with all his presents just so I have some keepsake.

Of course everything he got was Thomas...as per demand request!!

Better keep going...

#23 katei

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

Happy Birthday to my darling big boy Ben too!  

We've jsut been out for lunch and are setting up for a party for 21 kids!  Peter (SophieV now ptmummy) is coming too along with his little brother Timothy who turns one this weekend!

Ben got a new bike, some rocket stuff, a lego rescue helicopter and a remote control car - this was his favourite and he has been playing with it all day!

Better go and chop fruit - the rest is easy as we are getting takeaway pizza for everyone for dinner!

Kate

#24 ejsmum

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hi again original.gif.  Gosh this thread is just buzzing now isn't it?   laugh.gif  Happy birthday to all the fresh new 5 year olds out there, and happy birthing day to all their lovely mamas  biggrin.gif .

Hi Fe!  Is Lily starting prep or have you got early entry to grade 1?  Ethan has been IQ tested twice now  huh.gif .  One showed he was in the gifted range and the other not  blink.gif .  Go figure.  Xander is bright too, although I am not sure how bright.  He is so different to Ethan - so much more in tune with his emotions and just more 'normal' for lack of a better word laugh.gif.  His intellect shows through in different ways - in his sense of humour and ability to devise very intricate games with complex sets of rules (that usually allow him to win each time! LOL).  I have never really tested his abilities at all.  I do know that when Ethan had to do grade 1 maths homework and refused because it was too easy, Xander did it with no problems  wink.gif .

Kate, hope Ben's party was a success!  Sounds like you are in for a busy day  biggrin.gif .

Col, happy birthday to Riley - sounds like he got exactly what he wanted for his birthday!  wink.gif  I love how he had already opened his presents... talk about team work with his little sister  biggrin.gif .

#25 ~Col~

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:54 AM

Waaahhhh...my little "baby" starts prep today...

No tears from either of us when I dropped him off so that was good.

Here are a couple of pics...

Hopefully I'll BBL for some personals...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.