Jan 02 Parents # 24

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 ejsmum

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

OH Col, he looks just gorgeous!  Look at that big cheeky grin  biggrin.gif .

#27 carrie&josh

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone. Just bumping this thread up.

It has been so long since I have been on eb. Nice to know there are still some familiar names on here! Sure has changed since we were pregnant with our january babies hey?

Fe, have been trying to email you!!!

Everyone seems to have gone on to have their 2nd or 3rd babies!! Gosh how behind am I?? I suppose that I did have the rather large disadvantage of being a single mum for so long!! I am now engaged, and am pregnant with no. 2!! Finally!! Due in June. I dont remember my pregnancy with Joshua going this slowly!

Speaking of the monkey, he is now five and in kindergarted and loving every minute of it. He goes to a lovely catholic school where teaching is based on co-operative learning and multiple intelligences. Suits him down to the ground!! Fairly sure there is no high IQ for my boy, but he is certainly not silly. His stubborn and determined streak has grown with him too!! He has his first ever soccer game today. So excited he can barely contain himself!

Hope all is well with everyone. Nice to see that we are all still slack like we used to be with posting!!!  rolleyes.gif

#28 ~Sophie~

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

OMG, thought I would lurk and I found us still going!!!!!!!!!!

Will read more later, terror hangin off my leg and eating the mouse!

Soph

#29 ejsmum

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:40 PM

OMG hi Carrie  biggrin.gif .  Nice to see you hear.  Gawd I can't belive we are still plodding along either  laugh.gif .  This is the only part of EB I take part in, and my contributions are few and far between  blush.gif.  Hope the rest of your pregancy is smooth - it seems most here have had a second (and third) baby, but Xander was my second and last.

Speaking of whom, Xander is liking Prep but says there is too much playing and not enough working! LOL  He is really enjoying learning to read and I teach him sight words a few times a week.  I think he would know more than most of the grade 1s in his school  blush.gif .  Comes with having an older brother who 'makes' his younger brother sit and do reader before school each day! LOL  

And hi Soph!  biggrin.gif  Nice to see you here too original.gif.  I see you have a new username!  Funny  laugh.gif .

#30 carrie&josh

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

Hi Cherise and Soph!!  original.gif  So good to see familiar names!!!

I have been looking around the other boards...the site just seems so different to way back when we started!!! I am feeling kind of nostalgic for then. Not the same now!!

Will talk again soon!!!

#31 ~Col~

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:39 PM

Woohoo!! Hello Ladies!!

So wonderful to see some of the old group coming back.  laugh.gif  wub.gif

Not much happening here...will BBL hopefully, should be cooking dinner.  tongue.gif  rolleyes.gif

#32 ~Sophie~

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

Hello all, finally bak to give an update.  Well of course Peter is now 5 yrs old and a lovely wonderful boy (biased Mum of course).  He is quite gentle and loving.  Loves numbers and loves to help me cook.  He is doing well in Pre Primary and has lots of friends.  Oh yes he sleeps well now too!  Don't know if many of you remember my 3 years of hell!

Then Timothy came along last January (2006), 5 weeks early but all okay now, had a small scare and a short stay in hospital until his lungs got stronger.  He is such a different baby to Peter, both in looks and character.  He sleeps though, eats well (sandwiches are not good enough, has to have a cooked lunch everyday!).  Nothing bothers him and he is huge!

Just before Timbo was born we bought a new bigger house and moved in when Timothy was 6 weeks old.  We are loving it.

Family life is well.  We are off to the UK for about 6 - 9 months soon for DH's work and we are all looking forward to that, even if it does seem stressful at times.

Would love to hear more from you guys.

Love and hugs
Sophie

#33 GothicVamp

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:52 PM

Hello original.gif

Caz... Babe.. Ive missed you!

Im still about... Im so tired today.. Bayden started at a new preschool and given he has alot of learning issues I stayed with him to help him intergrate abit better. I also had a guide meeting that went to all hours last night, then I got hiccups and couldnt sleep. I think ill be glad when this nightmare of a week is done so we can resume some sort of normality.

Lil is still flying through kindy.Shes is now at a 14 reading level ( In NSW thats equivalent to about a yr 1-2 level). She is so smart is scares me atm.

No news from me really, Ive reverted back to my goth days and im finally happy. Im the odd one out here in Finley, but again, happy.

xoxoxo
Fe

#34 ejsmum

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

Hi Fe!!  I want to see you as a goth!  Show us a pic!  I must admit I have never see a goth who is also a mum wink.gif.  I am also curious - what sort of learning difficulties does Bayden have?  Surprising when Lily is so far ahead.  Sounds like she is loving school - the NSW system is so different to QLD.  Xander is slightly annoyed that he doesn't do any real work at Prep.  I guess he thought it would be like grade 1!  He does like PE and going to the library though original.gif. We have the cross country race coming up and Xander and the other Preppies do one lap of the oval.  He is very keen to race and is hoping to get "1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th but not last" (his words).  We even went down to the school and trained on the weekend laugh.gif.  Oh, and he must wear his 'fast' shoes that allow him to run very fast!  tongue.gif

Soph, really glad the sleep thing is sorted.  Sleep is for the weak - that is Ethan's motto I think wink.gif.  Perhaps it was Peter's? wink.gif  So Peter also likes to help cook?  Xander too original.gif.  When I bake he wants to lick the bowl before I have even emptied it! LOL

Who are we missing here?  Who was it that had the phobias and didn't like being in public places?  I think she had one child only.  I can't remember her name.  And there was the one with a child called Renton.. where is she?  And lastly, who had a son called Chifley?  I wonder how they are all doing now?

Edited to add: Fe, I just read your siggie and I am really sorry to read you miscarried  sad.gif .  hugs to you and yours.

Edited by ejsmum, 26 March 2007 - 05:17 PM.

#35 katei

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:43 PM

Hi again everyone!

My kids are tired so are watching Play School.  They normally wake at 7 but with daylight saving ending they thought 5 was a good time this morning!

It is great to hear all the news.  Ben is enjoying preprimary.  They don't seem to do much but he has fun - I helped on Friday and the teacher commented on how switched on he is.  James is my gorgeous red-head with a cheeky smile and my baby is 2 in less than 3 weeks time - no more babies here!  

Cherise - there was Lyndal and Stephen and Carly was Chifleys mum - did she have another boy at some point?  She was from SA and her DH was in politics.  It was Charmaine and Renton I think but I cna't think of anyone else.

Carrie - congrats on the engagement and #2 - fantastic news.

Fe -  hello!

Col - was Riley the one with the same birth date as Ben (the 17th).  

Hi Sophie!

I'd better see what the little darlings (monsters) are up to.  Bridget only had 30 mins sleep today too as I had to wake her to take James to kindy (she fell asleep on the floor) so she will be little miss grumpy soon.

take care!

Kate

#36 ~Col~

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....topic=72434&hl=

check that out...it's the oldest thread I could find...LOL!!

Fe - Sorry to hear about your MC...  sad.gif

Nope...found this one as well but can't seem to go back further...

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....topic=72306&hl=

#37 katei

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

Well done Col!

I've pmed Carli and Leeleesmum but Lyndal hasn't logged on since last year.

Kate

#38 ~Sophie~

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:44 PM

OMG those old thread are soooooo funny, thanks for digging them up Col!

Fe, so sorry to hear about your MC sad.gif

#39 ~Col~

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:17 PM

LOL!! Brings back memories!!

If I remember rightly Lyndal had to disappear because there was someone stalking/harrassing her...I think! It was a while ago so I might be wrong but that's what I remember. sad.gif

I've searched and searched but no matter what I look up I can't find any of the earlier threads. Not even searching back through my posts. sad.gif

#40 ejsmum

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

Well those old threads were a hoot!  Here is Carli's kids page - http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/chifley/

She had a little girl Maya original.gif, who by all accounts looks gorgeous!

#41 *Pea*

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

Hello! Thanks for stalking me! I pop into EB on the rare occasion but very busy at work 4 days a week and raising my 2 ratbags. They are both very strong willed characters who won't give an inch to anyone, particularly each other! But they love each other and are quite sweet to one another too. Will pop back in when I get some more time.
Fe - sad to hear your news :-(

#42 Leeleesmum

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

Hi Kate thanks for letting me know this thread is up and running again!

Liam started school this year and loves it.  At preschool he always was a bit clingy when I left him so was worried about this for school but he has been fine.  He likes me to walk him to his line though.  Some of his friends grab his hand now and take him over but he still wants me to come so hopefully he will get over this soon.  It must just be because I am there as they have to line up after recess and lunch and he manages fine then!  I have also been helping with reading and sport.

I also now have a DD Sarah who is 2 she is a Jan bub too but did not have time to join that group!

#43 ejsmum

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

Congrats to your not so new baby!  Sarah can hang out with the big kids here instead original.gif.

Hi Carli, nice to 'see' you.  Your two look gorgeous!

My little one just got third in his first ever cross country race.  He even got a little ribbon for his efforts.  Ethan raced in the 7 year boys and was the age champion.  I am so proud of my two little runners!  biggrin.gif

Edited by ejsmum, 28 March 2007 - 02:45 PM.

#44 GothicVamp

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

Thanks girls... It was a hard knock again, but now I definatly know I cant be pregnant again so the pain of having no more isnt as bad.. IYKWIM?

If I remember rightly Lyndal had to disappear because there was someone stalking/harrassing her...I think! It was a while ago so I might be wrong but that's what I remember
... her EX was the crazed fan. Shes going well from all accounts ( I spoke to her in January)

Nothing new here.. looking forward to school returning, Lilly is bored and getting into trouble alot.. shes just flooded our back patio with her partner in crime. *sigh* Lol.

#45 GothicVamp

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:31 PM

Are you all okay? very quiet in here

Caz was due to have her baby yesterday so wonder how shes going...

and for all those wanting to see me as goth... www.myspace.com/gothmumfe

#46 ~Col~

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:14 PM

Hey Fe!!

I'm around, just so busy ATM that I don't seem to get in and chat anymore!!

Riley is loving school and from all reports (from teachers and volunteer parents), he's a little smartie!! One proud Mumma here!!

I have volunteered a couple of times at the school now but he's soooo quiet while I'm there but apparently he's usually the first to answer questions and complete assigned tasks. LOL!!

Not much else happening here. My 3 y/o is going through the terrible 3's big time and she's such a tantrum throwing diva!! oomg.gif She drives me nuts sometimes but I love her to death!!

Youngest is going to be the next front row forward (football). He's not "fat" he's just very stocky and solid apparently. Doctor seems to think he'll make a great footy player!!  rolleyes.gif

Okay, gotta go. Miss 3 has tipped her water out and is now asking for more...doesn't she realise we're in a drought??  tongue.gif  rolleyes.gif

Hey Bunty, I see you down there!! waves.gif

Edited by ~Col~, 20 June 2007 - 04:15 PM.

#47 ~Col~

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:30 PM

LOL!! I'm bumping us up!!

What is everyone getting their kidlets for Christmas??

I've picked up Riley a electronic Globe. He's right into maps and everything at the moment so we thought this would be a good bet. He's also got even more trains...LOL!!

Not sure what to get him for his birthday yet...yes, I do plan early!!

Anyway, I'd better head off, kids getting into mischief!!  rant.gif

Take care all

#48 ~Sophie~

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

My goodness Col, you are planning early.  I usually do too but have no idea this year.  We bought the boys a huge tramploine just before we left for the UK and of course it still packed up and in storage.  We bought it using the money the kids got for Christmas and Birthdays.  But I guess we will need to get them something else.  We will be back in Australia by Christmas, buying something from here and getting back to Oz costs too much, so will have to shop as soon as we get back.

Probably get Timothy a trike, not sure about Peter.  Then I have both birthdays in January, absolutely no idea what to get them.

We are enjoying life here in the UK, although it been raining more than usual, weekends seem to be sunny and we go out and about. We went and saw Brum and the museum where he lives and was filmed at, Peter was chuffed.  Been to loads of Zoos and farms, hanging out for a decent beach but don't like my chances.  

Peter is enjoying school here too, summer (ha ha) holidays start at the end of July for 6 weeks, I will go crazy here with him, will try to plan loads of days out and hopefully DH can get a few days off work here and there.

Will try to get some photos up for you guys to see.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/sel...thepenguins.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/sel...therealBrum.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/sel...lookingcute.jpg

Peters school photo..........    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/sel...schoolphoto.jpg

Seeya
Sophie

DS Peter 4 January 2002
DS Timothy 21 January 2006

Edited by SlaveToLovedOnes, 12 July 2007 - 07:46 PM.

#49 ~Col~

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

Sophie - gorgeous pics!!

Sorry Ladies, I've been really slack lately. I just thought I'd pop my head in and get us bumped up a bit.

Riley is home from school this arvo after a frantic dash to pick him up 'cause he was sick. Looks like another middle ear infection....DOH!!

Not much else happening at the moment.

Will pop in a bit later hopefully when I have more time. Gotta run...kids are going nuts!! cry1.gif

#50 ~Sophie~

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:40 PM

LOL, I only looked on here yesterday.  Will come back later with more goss though.

Sophie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.