Jan 06 Parents # 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#1 Bel

Posted 31 December 2005 - 09:58 AM

Here is your January 2006 Parents Group Thread # 1 original.gif

Congratulations on the birth of babies!

May I ask you to please read the Parents Group Guidelines, and ensure that you all stick to them please, so our time together is enjoyable.. the last thing you need is me nagging you all to follow the rules!

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=174619

All of these threads are locked at 40 posts or so. There is a link to the previous thread in the first post, so it doesnt really matter if you post near 40. And if you really want everyone to read what you have to say, if it is near 40, wait til the new thread original.gif
I have more groups to manage than the DUE IN Groups, so please understand there are reasons why your threads are shorter than you probably are used to!

CONGRATULATIONS to all January 2006 Parents, and if you need anything, please feel free to contact me!

#2 ~Rose~

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:26 AM

WOHOOOOOO! We have a parents Group.

All I need to do is get this boy out of me then I can post in here - hehehehe!!!!

Thanks Bel for opening this thread for us, we have heaps of babies already & we aren't even in January yet laughing2.gif
]

#3 ~Rose~

Posted 31 December 2005 - 12:50 PM

Welcome to the
January 2006 Parents Group

We have had an amazing journey over the last 9 months together in our Due in January 2006 Pregnancy group. It would be lovely to continue the friendships we have made here in our new Parents Group as well as watch our precious babies grow.

We love new members so if you have had your baby in January 2006 please feel free to join us for a chat original.gif

If you would like to have anything added to the list please feel free to EMAIL or PM anytime original.gif

Check out your babies development here:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Member List~

Name: Lisajn (Lisa)
Birthday 21st May
Child/ren: Isabel Petra DOB: 29/11/05 @ 2:05am

Name: Mel1973 (Mel)
Birthday 21 may 1973
Child/ren:Aerith Olivia Jade DOB: 5/12/05 @ 3:38pmDominic Jamie Xavier DOB: 5/12/05 @ 3:37pm  Nicholas 14th Feb 1991, Nathaniel 16th Jan 1993, Katelyn 7th Feb 1996, Emily 10th Dec 1997, Faith 29th Jan 2000

Name: Mummybinda (belinda)
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Jade Emily DOB: 22/12/05 @ 5:22am

Name: Caroline-3 (Caroline)
Birthday 31 August, 1971
Child/ren: Joshua Douglas DOB: 8/12/05 @ 6:14pm 1 DS 10.04.98' DD 15.11.00' DS 20.10.02' DD 19.02.04'

Name: Gagsmissus (Nat)
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Mitchell William DOB: 19/12/05 @ 12:07pm

Name: Happiness (Jill)
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Lachlan Matthew DOB: 22/12/05 @ 7:36am

Name: Kim24
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Jessica Anne DOB: 19/12/05 @ 5:18pm

Name: Frazzlerock
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Kiara Annamieka DOB: 23/12/05 @ 6:08pm

Name: Dee26
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Austin DOB: 19/12/05 @ ???

Name: Aquagirl
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Jacob Jonathon David DOB: 23/12/05 @ 1:20am

Name: byrnebaby77
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Jack Michael DOB: ??/12/05 @ 11:43??

Name: G.H.E (Ghada)
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Akram Junior AKA AJ DOB: 29/12/05 @ 7:55am

Name: CJPJ
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Lily DOB: 29/12/05 @ 4:48pm

Name: Becburger
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Eliana Letizia DOB: 30/12/05 @ 2:54am

Name: Sussan
Birthday ??
Child/ren: Tia Kaye DOB: 26/12/05 @ 11:22am

Name: Crissty-au (Crissty)
Birthday ??
Child/ren: HUDSON SCOTT DOB: 30/12/05 @ 11am

Name: ~Rose~
Birthday 24th February
Child/ren: Natasha (5) & Jordyn (3) Joshua - coming soon!

Name: Jellybean (Mel)
Birthday 25th August 1975
Child/ren: Liam (5 in Jan) and Ayden turned 3 in Oct

Name: Lurche (Donna) DH - Glenn
Birthday Donna - 15/03/68  
Child/ren: Samuel DOB: 07/01/2006 Chris: 24/07/85 Reece: 25/12/90 Luke: 30/04/04

Name: Jellybean (Mel)
Birthday 25/08/75
Child/ren: DS Liam 190101 DS Ayden 24//1002 DD Emmersyn 06/01/06 born @

#4 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

Cool looking forward to chatting on here been feeling a bit weird chatting in the DIJ as i have my babies original.gif

Oh Rose your list looks great biggrin.gif

MEL original.gif

#5 ~Rose~

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:50 PM

Hey Mel,

I can't believe the twins are over 3 weeks already - that has gone so quick! Too quick for you I bet.

Let me know the details of your other kidlets & I'll add them to the list laugh.gif

4 more sleeps to go........

#6 ~obsidian~

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

Oooh yay I can join this group too!!
Look fwd to sharing some wonderful stories, advice and venting girls.

xx

Off to make my new ticker!

#7 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:57 AM

Well i'm going to try and give this a go again i did a lovely big post last night and lost the lot i have no idea what happened one sec i was just about to hit the add reply button next i was back on the home page. So annoying then of course i couldn't be bothered redoing it again.

So here i go again hopefully i will remember what i wrote last night.

Hi Rose it is scary isn't that the babies are not far off a month old now. I'm looking at them this morning and think my gosh you have grown. They are starting to put on quite a bit of weight now. They get weighed on the 3rd i'm really looking forward to seeing how much weight they have actually gained. Big bummer your little man decided that the 1st of Jan wasn't to be his birthday. How r the girls going bye the way?

Here's the other childrens details Nicholas 14th Feb 1991, Nathaniel 16th Jan 1993, Katelyn 7th Feb 1996, Emily 10th Dec 1997, Faith 29th Jan 2000.... As you can see i've got a lot of bdays coming up plus school very expensive time of year atm...

Hi Elizabeth, congratulations on the birth of Benjamin. That will be a xmas you'll never forget....

Well i tried not what i wrote last night but will do i better go i have two little ones awake now. Take care and talk soon

MEL original.gif

#8 --binda--

Posted 01 January 2006 - 09:42 PM

hey guys...

rose - great list.... but.... jade was born at 5.22am lol ghada had it wrong too - think u guys r mixing lachy n jade up!! and my birthday is aug 20 81.

i cant do this one handed typing bbl

#9 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:36 AM

Hi Caroline, yes the sore nipples. I'm only having trouble with one side as i have given the babies a side thats theirs then if one is sick which Dominic has been the other won't have as big a chance to picking it up. My problem side is Dominic's he tends to bite i dread to think what he's going to be like when he has teeth i think that will be time to give up feeding lol. We had a rather rough night last night with the babies they both woke up every hour so my poor boobs are quite sore this morning and i have a feeling are going to be very much over full for the day.

Hi Belinda, How's Jade? How's b/f going? Typing one handed is something u will get use to. Doing it right now my little man wanted a cuddle original.gif

Well i better go i'm sure Dominic will want a feed soon take care

MEL:)

#10 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

hello everyone

i better start posting my woes in here otherwise i'm really going to scare the mums to be in our DIJ group!

Rose - my birthdate is 28th Jan 1982.

#11 --binda--

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

happiness - your not gonna scare 'em original.gif I think i've already done that wink.gif

Did Lachie go through a bad day yesterday? I read up somewhere (Can not remember where though!!) about 10 day old growth spurts.. I know Jade had a realllllllly bad day, but unsure if it was just the heat or the growth spurt!!!

Today - she's been absolutely brilliant!

I'm off to have a cold shower... (We have no hot water sad.gifsad.gif) And I desperately need one... Prolly get a chill or something.

#12 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:19 PM

binda- i'm so glad jade was born on the same day! he just seems to be getting worse with his grizzles. he seems so impatient when he is hungry! he does sleep for approx 3 1/2 hours each feed. i'm so jealous of your 6hours!!!

#13 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:21 PM

Well i've had another rough night with the babies.... Dominic has a very gunky eye. The child health lady said to use breastmilk on it  unsure.gif  i've never heard of that before.. but i'm happy to say both babies are growing nicely Dominic now weighs 8lb 5 & Aerith is 7lb 11 one good thing at least i know i do have enough milk to feed these babies i was worried i wouldn't. well i had better go got both bubs awake wanting mummy. bye for now keep safe

MEL

#14 kidwrangler

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

Hello Mummies!!!! original.gif

Just had to add - to those who mentioned their let-down feeling like a tingle... OMG lucky you!!! Mine is like boob cramps OUCH! ohmy.gif  Poor Isabel gets squirted in the eye unless I try to express a little before she latches on LOL  blush.gif

As for sleep... my hardest time is the feed in the evening - 3am I can cope with for some reason??? Isabel seems to go for 3-4 hours between feeds, but once you factor in the time to change her, feed and then get back to sleep, I don't get too much time in between. I don't mind tho, she's such a little sweetheart, it's nice cuddle time original.gif

Hmmmm.... I don't know what to end with now we don't need belly rubs anymore!! LOL  wink.gif

#15 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:59 AM

Hi Caroline, i've had a couple of better nights mind you i woke to feed the babies at 3 this morning and have been up since not cause of the babies i just can't get back to sleep very annoying.... I went out for the first time yesterday without Mark the babies were so good i was worried they might play up but nope wonderful.... I hope your little one has been giving you better nights. My nights are still hard as for me what would be 3 hrs for some is more an hour and a half as they wake at different times for feeds.... But still alot better than it has been.... I hope you have had a good week keep safe.

Hi Lisa, thats great Isabel is doing so well and great she is going 3-4 hrs between feeds... Um we could end it with more sleep vibes lol....  tongue.gif

MEL smile1.gif

#16 Pam*B

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:26 AM

Hi girls, sorry to gatecrash...

Just wanted to let you know Rose gave birth to a whopping 9lb 10oz Joshua William today at 6.14am. She says he has red hair and rolls of fat and is absolutely perfect. Both are doing well.

Not sure if I was meant to post this news for her or if she has an SMS buddy, but she texted me and asked me to wish Jellybean GOOD LUCK! I then ran out of credit and couldn't text back to ask if that meant she wanted me to post her news. Well she did it for me 15 months ago today, so now I can return the favour...

Congratulations to Rose, Gary, Natasha and Jordyn on the birth of your long awaited baby boy.

Love Pam, Graham, Eve and Jed.

PS. Oh and not sure if you want it in here or in your due in thread...if it's in the wrong spot, feel free to C&P it into the other one.

#17 G.H.E

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:17 PM

Hi Ladies original.gif

Just popping in to say Caroline-mumto5 ive accepted your application in msn...sorry for the delay wink.gif

The managers are me, Rose and Chrissty...lol we were all having bubs around the same time hehehe.

Anyway, cant wait till all our DIJ bubs are born and were able to chat about parenting etc in here original.gif

AJ Is an angel (well except for last night lol). He just sleeps, wakes for a feed n nappy change then back to sleep all day. My other two were constant screamers, the only time i hear AJ's voice is when i wipe his tiny bum with a cold wipe wink.gif Dont blame him though.

Me Im recovering very well, actually i almost feel normal - bar the heavy boobs. Weight wise im less than when i first fell pregnant...was 54kgs before pregnancy and now im 53 original.gif all i need to do is tone my tummy...gosh thats going to be hard...takes ages to get that flab tight again hehehe.

Anyway, best be off, take care everyone!!!

#18 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:48 PM

Ghada - you are so lucky i still have another 15kilos to lose! my aim is to get to 58 kilos.

#19 ~Rose~

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

Hey All you yummy Mummies!!

My milk has well and truely come in - my boobs are huge hehehe! Josh is loving it tho  biggrin.gif

I felt like I had been hit by a bus earlier today. We went shopping this morning then had visitors all afternoon - I think it was just too much too soon & I felt like crap.

Just fed my little piglet!! He drank over 80mls so now we are heading to bed.

Hope everyone is well? Happiness? Going ok love? Caroline I read your update original.gif Hope you are ok!! Mel1973 - how are the twins??

#20 G.H.E

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:25 AM

Hi Mummies original.gif

Rose - Dont the boobs look huge when the milk comes in, im normally small (12c) but when my milk came in DH said "look out dolly parton" lol...Glad to hear alls well with you and josh...and please take it easy, youve only just had a bubba!!!

happiness - i didnt put on much this pregnancy, which is probably the reason why i lost it all after the birth (only put on 5.5kgs total) but even still, i have that trademark flabby tummy which im going to try hard to get rid of soon.

Caroline-mumto5 - Its great to have a non-screamer isnt it lol... theyre so cute!!! That quilt n cover sound really comfy wink.gif Dont worry bout the money...its all going anyway lol thats my motto!

Me and AJ Going well original.gif Nothing really new to update on...

Question: Who is thinking about contraception already? If you are, what have you decided on?

Im thinking of getting the IUD put in again, as me and DH have pretty much decided no more kids for us, but still not game enough to take any permanent measures. I see my ObGyn in March some time, so thats most likely when ill have it put in...Hope no mistakes happen before then lol!!!

#21 Jaynee

Posted 08 January 2006 - 07:36 PM

Hiall,

I was a very infrequent visitor to the Due in Group but have just come home with my new boy Ethan Alexander. He was born 4th Jan after induction and was 9lbs 4oz, 54cms long and 36cm head circ!

Hope to join in the fun and tears and chats that we will have over the coming days, months and hopefully years.

I have i other son who is almost 2 (19th Jan)

Ethan feeds well and IKWYM about the boobs thing mine are so huge! Can't wait for feeding time so he gives me relief. Looking forward to him getting stronger and bigger so he can get rid of the milk!

Janine

#22 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

Rose - my b/f is not happening - i'm way over it. i guess i'm being a little selfish too. but Sir Lachie is much happier with the expressed milk and formula (so is mummy). how is the expressing going for you? giving your sore nipples a break i hope.

#23 ~Cleopatra~

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:59 AM

Question: Who is thinking about contraception already? If you are, what have you decided on?

he he decided to check in here today original.gif I never intended to go back on the pill. Last time we used condoms for the first 5 months JIC before I got jack of them. My period came back at 9 months and I got pregnant at 16 months (toddler in bed a good contraceptive lol). This time I want a 2 year break btw pregnancies so have been thinking about the minipill. Not sure though cause I don't want to take it til my period comes back and I worry that it will change the taste of my milk so maybe we'll just have to deal with using condoms lol.

Lisa - still having trouble with arv feeds? Your supply drops as the day progresses, do you think that is what you are having trouble with?

Letdown - I only really feel it in my right side, like cold water coming down from under my arm. I don't like it sad.gif But I am really looking forward to feeding again. I get so jealous when I see the playgroup etc babies go to sleep on their mummy's boobies. I miss that original.gif

Ok, I'll wander off now lol. Just living vicariously for a minute! DH is starting to nag for this baby to come out but I'm getting scared now and don't feel at all ready lol.

#24 ~waiting~for#5~

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:55 PM

Contraception~ I have been advised that the Mirena(IUD) is the way to go. It's just like the hormones that is in the mini pill, but lasts 5 years! It can be removed sooner if you wish to TTC and you can fall pregnant within days of it being removed

Milk omg my boobs were huge and I'm normally massive as it is lol sooooo glad the fulness went away last night!

sleeping babe in my arms & this 1 hand typing thing is driving me nuts

kisses for all the little bubbas  smile1.gif

#25 kidwrangler

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

Cleopatra : Thanks for the advice on afternoon feeds, but it's me not Isabel with the problem LOL wacko.gif ... I'm alright until 8pmish, but the next feed between 10pm and midnight, I just can't to seem to keep my eyes open for hahahaha - my gorgeous little guts has no such problems hee,hee....

Contraception: I will appreciate any and all advice on the topic. Dh and I are going to try condoms to start with and see how it goes... so far we wasted one because I got a bit scared tee,hee blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.