CLAIRE36 - William John due 29th April, 06

VICTORIA1394 - due 1st Feb, 06
(Tori)

JOK1812 - 13 weeks preg with # 2.
(Julie)

LUV.MY.KIDS - Preg # 3.  Due 17.8.06

BABIES BORN:

GIROLAMA - Alessia Ann - 16/11/04
MAZZEE - Gabrielle born 23rd October, 04.
BLUEMIST – Alina Joan Born 4th April, 05.
KFOGO - Nicholas David Born 15th March, 05
GUMMYBEAR - Brock Born 4th April, 05.
SYDPROD2001 - Phillippa Louise Born 9th May, 05.
CHRISSY36 - Gorgi Louise Born May 28th, 05.
KIT4KEEPS - Nicholas Matthew Born
REDGIRLSHELL - Elijah
JAHBEE - Dylan John born August 9th, 05.
WISHINGSTAR - Amy Lyn born August 23rd, 05.
CATHY44 - Isabella Mary born September 28th, 05.
SLJ - Haydn Anthony born 8th November, 05.

Please let Jahbee know if you'd like these details updated or corrected and if we have missed anyone out that would like to be included on the list.

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OVER UPDATING THE ROLLCALL PLEASE PM ME.  THANKS.

#2 4thtimeround

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:38 AM

Hi All,
hope everyone is ok with all the heat lately - Sydney has been horrid. the rain was great to cool everything down.  We haven't been doing anything really except sitting infront of the aircon or in the pool for a quick cool down.  

Hi Jahbee, I wish I was 29wks :-) I am 20wks at the moment. That is a massive task you have set yourself to keep this list updated.  

Seems to be taking forever for this pregnancy to move along. But bubs is moving now which is great - I love seeing my tummy pop out in odd places and DH felt her move which is great for him. Knows there is something alive in there.

Hi Claire, I haven't been in here for a while but I would love to chat about working from home and the possibilities of different things. I was entertaining the idea of providing secretarial support from home but don't know if there would be a market for this kind of thing and then secondly, how i would even go about setting it up.

I should really go and start packing again - end of the month will be here before I know it and I move so slowly at the moment.

Cheers for now.
Sharon

#3 dory-delay-fish

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:35 AM

Happy New Year everyone!

I've just realised I'm having a baby this year! Excited but the Great Unknown is always a learning curve... Lots of kicks and some that I can see, which I love. My DP's kids have been here for a month from Briz and I'm looking forward to having the place to ourselves again - you can't run around nude when there's an 8 and 14 year old around!

Sharon, would love to discuss the possibilities. I've been a small business consultant for 6-7 years, writing business plans, marketing plans and working with staff to improve systems. When I am writing a business plan for a company, the first thing I focus on is strengths - what are you really good at and what do you really enjoy. Don't think about anything but that - your perceptions of what is possible and impossible may sink a good idea. If it's secretarial support, what does that mean? Do a list of skills you can offer - desktop publishing, are you very good at editing spelling and grammar? Could you take sales calls? Think about what your product is. We could MSN or you could PM me.

Claire

#4 MiracleMum

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

Happy New Year everyone,

So sorry I didn't get in to Merry Xmas you all but it has been very busy as I know everyone else is.

Jasmyn - sorry the evil witch arrived just in time for xmas.  I see your DH is a wise man (like mine) and gone for beauty and experience.

Mergie - good to see you lurking and keeping up with everything.  I think I do the same, just keeping an eye on things.

Kerri - thank you for the information.  Your gyno sounds like a wizard and you're in good hands there.

Jahbee - it is weird calling you that, can you change my rollcall details to If it Happens it Happens thank you lovie.

Sue - congratulations on your O and yes, that's a very good thing especially to see in the New Year.  

Sharon and Claire - welcome to our group and wishing you well with your pregnancies.  My goodness I can't get over how many newbies we've got in the last month!  Get yourselves on the rollcall girls.

Michelle and Michele - welcome to you as well.

Sheridan - another welcome and good luck with TTC.

Hi Cathy, Susan and everyone I've missed.

DH back at work today after being away for xmas and new year.  He's only just managed to survive the 46 degrees we had up the Riverland on NYE, thought he was going to melt.

Anyway, just a quick one as I've been a bit slack and promise to come in more often this year.

Lots of luv,
Dianne.

#5 Banana-Peel2

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

Hello everyone...Wishing you all a great New Year!

Welcome to all the newbies...seems to be a few.  Sorry that I have been MIA for awhile but just never seem to get around to logging on to EB.

I am going okay....since I have been taking iron tablets.  My 28 week test revealed my iron stores had gone from exceptional to just on normal (this baby has been sucking the life out of me).  Anyway, have had heaps more energy and not so tired since I started taking them.  Test also revealed normal Glucose levels and my BP is still normal.  Haven't seen my OB since 29 weeks...but seeing him tomorrow.  Must think I am going OK.

Baby turned head down last week and has been hiccuping over the last two weeks.  Getting heaps of BH's (didn't get any last time)...hope this means I arrive a bit early or on time this time around instead of 6 days late!  Not too early though as house is still not ready for the new baby.

Was reading last thread and someone said their GP said no normal contraceptive pill after 35?  Wow, my OB gave it to me no questions asked after having DD at 37 and I had no problems getting more from my GP after that.  Only went off them when I was 39 and a few months to TTC.  I got pregnant 3 months later....so don't know what the story is there?

Hopefully, I will get round to popping in a bit more often now...to get to know all you newbies better.

#6 Jahbee

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hi Oldies,
welcome to the newbies.  I don't get a chance to get in here much myself anymore.  I have a 3yr old and a 5 month old that is quite a handful.  He has reflux and allergies so i spent a lot of time pacifying him crying so can't type.  In fact DH has taken him so i can manage to type here.

Just wanted to pass on a suggestion that was pm'd to me.
Would you all be interested in splitting the group into those trying to conceive and those pregnant and another group just for older mums who obviously have kids but are not trying for babies anymore or pregnant.  Its just the group has grown heaps and maybe it would be a different dynamic for just older mums with child/ren not trying again or pregnant to chat.

Let me know your brief thoughts here or in a pm (that unfortunately i just don't have the time to reply individually).

Also if anyone would like to take on the Oldies rollcall please let me know as i am struggling to keep updating this and its not fair to all of you still regularly posting here.
Happy new Year Oldies  biggrin.gif

#7 Jahbee

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:56 PM

I'm pleased to announce Claire36 will be taking over the running and roll call of this thread from February.  I just feel bad i can't dedicate the updating and support role to it that i think it needs.  So I will continue updating this one this month as it's easier, but Claire will take over next month so if you want to be included from then let Claire know.

Let me know if you want the thread split.  I can start up another new support thread just for oldie mums and this one can remain for those ttc and pregnant - or can leave as is.  Your call original.gif

#8 SLJ

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

Hi All

Finally a few decent days heat wise! Had enough of the heat, spent New Year in front of the air con, I don't mind the heat but 47 degrees....come on... that's a little over the odds... ohmy.gif

Sorry been MIA,  blush.gif Have been keeping up with all the happenings but haven't been able to post as DP has been working on the computer.

Everything is pottering along ok here, Haydn is now 8 weeks old, and has just had his first lot of immunisations, poor little fella wasn't happy.
He has been sleeping well, got a few nights with 8 hours stretches, so I thought beauty!! But now we are back to three hourly feeds during the night. I'm hoping it is just his next growth spurt kicking in, fingers crossed he settles back into the 8 hours again!   smile1.gif

I have just had an implanon implant reinserted, had one before  falling pregnant and it worked beautifully for me, so hoping it works well again, couldn't manage to remember to take tablets...(I'm dreadful at tablets  blush.gif ) and didn't want to add to the family again so soon...lol wink.gif

Sharon / Claire - Isn't it great when your partner can finally feel the movement....my DP was starting to think I was telling him fibs...until he was able to feel the movement, he was fascinated from then on...lol

Sheridan - I got a similar response from my doctor (at the time)re the pill. I was only in my early 30's but had a history of blood problems and was overweight, so finished up with implanon implant which worked well. My current doctor (been seeing him for a couple of years) doesn't seem to have the same problem, although I am 20 kg lighter now!  smile1.gif

Jasmyn - Ouch  ohmy.gif on the arthritis, hope you get on top of it all soon. I have gammy knees (should have given up netball sooner) and am hoping that I can prevent arthritis setting in My dad has a long history with arthritis but has found glucosamine (sp?) has helped.

Jahbee - Hope Dylan is on the improve, allergies are a pain in the proverbial, still once you can work out what he is allergic to, you can start to work around it. I have a friend whose daughter was allergic to pretty much everything, she seemed to grow out of most of it, and is a very healthly 10 years old now.

To all those feeling old - a couple of pieces of advice that my grandmother used to use:
Age is just a number, old is an attitude, and remember, never regret growing old, many don't have the chance. She was a wise lady.  smile1.gif

Re spliting the group, I'm happy to go either way, although it is nice to keep up with everyone whatever stage they are at, there aren't that many of us 'oldies'.

Welcome to anyone new to the group since my last post.
Hello to all the other old 'oldies'! Hope all is well.  smile1.gif

#9 HeidiH

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi girls - can I please join this group?

I am 41, DH is 33 (yes another one with a toyboy LOL). We have been married 9 1/2 years. Met in Canada (I am from Toronto), married there and moved her in late 1996. DH is a West Aussie and we live in Perth so all of his family is here.

We have 3 children - DS#1 born when I was 37 1/2, DS#2, born when I was 38 3/4 and DD born when I was 40 1/2. Lucky me, both DS's conceived on first try and DD conceived "accidentally" AND after taking MAP (got my dates wrong) so happily I now have a Princess to call my own. All my children are happy, healthy and thriving and all born vaginally (I would never call childbirth NATURAL, LOL it is all highly UN-natural IMHO LOLOLOL). DS#2 has had some health issues (not related to pregnancy and/or delivery) - he has a minor immune system deficiency, which is slowly resolving itself.

Have tossed up the idea of #4 but realistically, I only have room for 3 kids in my car and we only have a 4 bdrm house. Although our other car IS a minivan ROFL....Seriously though, I have gradually started to dispose of my baby gear and let's face it, having 3 children under full-time school age is driving us broke with CC fees!!!!

I work 3 long days a week (Tu-Thurs) plus some work at home so the kids are only in CC on those days and home with me on M & Fri. Jeremy starts kindy (pre-school) 4 1/2 days per week in February. Toby will start in 2007.

Ok, gee that all reads VERY boring, doesn't it? Will try and catch up on back threads now to familiarise myself.

#10 Bloomer

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

Heidi, I have the same comment when people ask me if my girls were a natural birth.  I say what is a natural birth these days.

I am 45 and have 2 girls 2 and 3 months.

Jaybee, I don't mind splitting but there are not many of us.

#11 dory-delay-fish

Posted 05 January 2006 - 04:23 PM

Hi Wisdom Women (battling against 'oldie' coz I remember the lollies at my 10th birthday party so WELL!!)

Jahbee, can I vote for us staying together? I benefit from hearing people talk about their kids and I'm sure the different types of experience add to other people's knowledge too. BTW, happy to do rollcall and hope you can delegate some other stuff so that you get a bit more time.

Heidi, welcome! Your post wasn't boring at all... you have to set the stage! You must have your hands full with three in CC and 3 days work. I'm 24 weeks and just planning on one. I admire anyone who can handle more than that!

SJL, thanks for the welcome. It IS wonderful to feel bubs move. Every time I sit still I can feel him do commando rolls across my body. Funny thing at New Years - DP popped a popper near my ear. I swore loudly and bubs hid under my ribs!! It was amazing how much he moved!

Jasmyn, Sorry to hear about your arthritis. I have aching hip joints from not being able to sleep on my back after 20weeks (OB's advice) and I'm wondering if I need to see the doc as it's keeping me awake. What do you think? I don't know if it's pregnancy or being 36 years old!

Hi Miracle Mum - great handle - I bet there is a story to it!

Me - aching hips, but everything else is working. I have to get myself out of my business in the next couple of months so will be hiring and training like crazy. Not looking forward to that. On the upside, I have bought a bunch of second hand baby boy gear on EB, I've decided on the Ambi baby hammock and bought a baby carrier, so all I have to do is buy a change table and pack a hospital bag! The OB said there's so much that I can't plan for that this old control freak is going to have to learn to go with the flow blush.gif

#12 Bloomer

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:45 PM

Claire,My joints ached when I was pregnant but went away after..  So hopefully it is pregnancy related.  Though I get twinges occasionally this time 3 months after the baby(but it was number 2 and I am quite a bit older).

Hopefully some of us no longer pregnant or TTC can offer advice or words of "wisdom" and if nothing else reassurance.

#13 minni

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:30 AM

Good morning ladies. I just thought I'd pop in and say hello to you all.

Jasmyn - ugh arthritis! That sounds awful. I have an absolutely aching back that even gives me grief on our wonderful support bed. I've been thinking of going to a chiro but don't know if that would work. I would hate to think that it could be anything like arthritis. Just think of the useful side of this though - my in-laws can always tell me when a storm is coming! wink.gif
But hang off on the zimmer frame for a bit. It's hard to chase kids with them.  biggrin.gif

Banana Peel - Glad to hear that your iron levels are improving now that you're taking the tablets. Not long to go now and you'll have that bubba with you.

Jahbee - Sorry to hear that Dylan is having a tough time with his allergies. I hope you're still going to hang around and update us on everything.
Personally, I like the group as it is. I know I'm still ttc but I have got other kids so reading posts about children certainly doesn't bother me. I honestly don't believe our group is large enough to split. (just my two cents....)

Susan - Great to hear from you as well. The temps up here in QLD haven't been as high as down south but the humidity up here sure sucks. We've had a few days with the humidity around 90%. Heat I can handle but when you're sweating like a pig - that just saps the energy. And the nights are horrible.
A bit cooler today but we had storms for several hours through the night so the humidity is climbing already.

Heidi - Welcome to the group. I'm Sue but I don't post as often as I should. Congrats on having a little princess. They are just the most fun to have around. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Mergie - Where are you hun? How you been?

Claire - LOL @ your control freak planning. Unfortunately motherhood doesn't come with a predefined menu of events but being prepared for any eventually isn't a bad thing!  biggrin.gif
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Cathy - It's been great reading all your posts and catching up on where you are. I loved the photo of you in your reindeer ears. My DH took a photo of me just before Christmas wearing ours (but one antler was missing - so not a good look!).

Well since DH told me that he wants to keep on ttc, I've decided to try and focus and stay positive. I'm on CD2 now (bummer last month didn't work) and I've started charting again. We'll see how we go but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Here's to a good 2006 for everyone here.

#14 4thtimeround

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:09 AM

Hi Ladies,
Hope all of you are happy and well.

I have been reading through all the posts but haven't had time to catch up on posting myself.  

Hi heidi, not boring at all - how could it be with 3 kids under school age!

Claire - well done on taking up the roll call - huge task.

You ladies make me laugh with some of your comments - which is great cause with the way my life has been as of late, it is very much needed.  

I understand about the whole control thing - it is so difficult to let go and allow things to happen - I like to be in control of things - when you spend your life organising etc others, it is difficult to have to let go of any situation and allow it to run its course when you like to achieve a certain outcome!

I like the idea of the 'group' staying together.  It is great to chat with others women of same age yet at different stages - everyone brings something different.

Not much has changed with me - my 2 kids come home on Sunday which is great.  they have been with their dad visiting relatives in Adelaide for 2 weeks. we split the school holidays down the middle so they can maintain both sides of the family relationships which is important for them.

I was in the dr's for a regular ob appt and I felt so old!  i like the grandmother quote about age.  I feel like a whale at the moment and I have 3 1/2 months to go.    Time to snap out of my private pity party  wink.gif

Take Care Ladies
cheers
sharon

#15 crockerml

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:09 PM

Hi,

How was everyone's New Year, Mine was quiet.

Jahbee, I know what you are going through, I have a 9 week old who has reflux.  She is on Zantac and now she is on Peptic Junior, which is a formula for babies who have allergy problems.  Since she has been on this formula she has been more settled even though we still have our moments and she is vomitting less. The only problem is she has became constipated on this formula.

Regarding contraception,  I can not take the pill so I am having a mirena IUD inserted by my Gyno next time I have my periods.

This week has been a hectic week.  Even though two of my kids and my husband have been away this week,  I have had visitors all this week, as well as Ashleigh having physio on her neck and ankle.  Ashleigh also had her 2 months immunisation this week which she was very unsettled afterwards.

Anyway got to go Ashleigh wants to have a feed.

Michele
Mother of Christopher, Luke, Melissa, Jayden and Ashleigh(9 weeks old)

#16 dory-delay-fish

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

Hiya Wisdom Women! Or should I just give it up and say 'oldies'?????

Jasmyn, Re: your comment to Heidi about P/T jobs - I don't know if it's allowed here - when I recruit for a job, am I allowed to post the Seek.com link? I have a part time job in Rydalmere going for an Exec PA with MYOB skills. I would think of it as an EB benefit rather than free advertising. Who should I ask?

4thtimeround, Mate, you could make your private pity party public! Isn't that what we are for? We've just sent DP's kids home to Briz from Sydney after a month. It's tough sharing them!

Cathy44, thanks for the reassurance. I think the disturbed sleep is practice for when William arrives.wacko.gif

It's a murky old evening here in Sydney CBD. Hope you are all keeping cool.

#17 Jahbee

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:01 PM

Majority rules  biggrin.gif   Will keep this thread as is and not split.  I'm going away next week so if anything pops up can you let another mod know - mind you there never seems to be any problems in the oldies forum  tongue.gif

Dylan turns 5 months next week, how fast has that gone.  He is one very delicious little boy albeit his reflux is bad and he cries a lot of the day.  Analeise starts 3yr old kinder in a few weeks.  My job is being made redundant so interesting times ahead.
Just a quick fly by.
Minni lovely to see you drop by.
chow

#18 Bloomer

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:30 PM

Jahbee - Have a great holiday we'll be here when you get back I am sure.  Oh the old redunancy thingo.  I took the money and ran after Grace was born, I love being at home but do wonder what it would be like if I didn;t take the money. Yes a fun time down the track.

Claire36 - Yes that is my theory, I have been telling people that.  Pregnancy just gets you ready for disturbed sleep and you accept it until they sleep through the night a couple of times(grace was about 4 months) then it gets hard.  Now with 2 I just accept disturbed sleeping.  We are putting them in the same room tomorrow night.  I will keep the basinet in our room Just in case.  DH goes to Korea next week for a few days and I want her handy.  We have the aircon on just to keep it dry.

Jasmyn - how am I is a dangerous question right now - we have washing machine problems and considering we paid for one a month ago.  I will elaborate tomorrow if all is resolved.

Sharon I love pity parties makes me feel I am not alone.

Minni - I think we should all have to post one of those photos we wish someone hadn't took (but we still liked it.

Heidi - A lot of international relationships on here.  My DH came to Australia for work and we had offices next to each other.  My step kids are in Europe and I have seen them twice.    

Michelle - isn't it sad when they are constipated. Isabella has been doing smelly "fluffs" for a couple of days and straining.  She was finally sucessful today I think it is normal as she is still mostly BF.  I am grateful she is a "happy chucker".

Better help clean the kitchen.  Good Night..tough day, My sister left so after 3 weeks of family it is over until DH's parents arrive in a few months.

#19 4thtimeround

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

Hi Ladies,
just saying hi to all.  hope you are all happy and well.  

I have had the worst heartburn as of late - bit early for it I thought however, if you go by old wives tales Chelsea should have soooo much hair when she is born *LOL*

went shopping today and picked up a couple of baby things - the clothes are sooo cute - I am still nervous about buying pink but just couldn't resist.  I figure if i get something everytime I go shopping she should have enough clothes by the time she arrives.

My 'babies' are home which is great.  

Claire, sleep will never be the same again - you worry when they are little, then when they are teenagers, you lie awake wondering where the hell they are and why they don't even send an sms when you give them a phone and credit to let you know they are alive and well!!!  :-)

Hi Cathy, nice to know I am not alone.  I am glad I have you ladies for many 'shoulders to cry on'  *VBG*

Not much else happening.  Off to cook dinner.

cheers
sharon

#20 Bloomer

Posted 09 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

Sharon, that old wives tale about heartburn meaning they have heaps of hair was false for me.  2nd time through I had heaps of heartburn especially at night when trying to sleep, as if it is not bad enough trying to sleep.  Isabella has very little hair but she has some.  My DH says boys are good to their mothers and girls do this.  Talking to a GF who knows she is expecting a boy said no this one is worse, her oldest is a girl.

Had a rough day, Isabella very unsettled today.  Of course it happens when you have boasted to someone how good they are. Unfortunately it was a neighbour so she can hear..

#21 dory-delay-fish

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:05 PM

Hello everyone,

The natropath prescribed magnesium for the aching hips, so hoping it will go away.

Sharon, hope the heartburn is better. Does it help you to have a little serve of protein to give you stomach acids something to do? I have to eat every two hours to keep on top of things. Hope your kids had a great holiday. I haven't been baby clothes shopping yet. I don't dare because I'm clueless about what to get. Will think about that when I finish working on 1 March.

Cathy - how are Isabella and Grace going with sharing a room? Hope the humidity and your washing machine are under control. I lived in BrizVegas (Hawthorne before it got expensive) and Gold Coast for 6-7 years before moving back south 18 months ago. I must admit I don't miss the weather. I used to feel drained and lived in the pool.

Does anyone else wonder what the blonde in the Nuborn breast pump ad on EB is up to? Is she really feeding her bubs cos she doesn't look full of milk to me? Or is it only me whose gotten huge and wonders how much bigger the milk will make me?unsure.gif

Can anyone tell me what to look for or ask at the antenatal classes in regards to staffing numbers at the hospital? My sister was lucky and had 4 bored midwives to look after her. A few of the birth stories on EB talk about busy staff not looking after them much at all. My DP wants me to have enough support and is thinking doulas, but my sister says you don't need it because your body takes over. What do you experienced ladies think this old first timer should do?

#22 Mergie

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  to all my old buddies in here.

I haven't been logging in very often and found myself sitting here most of the night catching up on everyone's news.

JB, Sue, Minni, BananaPeel, Cathy, Miracle Mum, great to hear you're all doing well although some of you have been through the wars a little.

As for me, I have my days when I consider going back down the AC track, I've made appointments with naturopaths, the Brazillian women, joined Ruth Sharkey's healing centre, you name it I've thought about it but never followed through.  As it stands tonight at 9.28pm we will be attending the Perm Care info night in Feb and the Local Adoption info night in April. We're well aware that our age's won't have us high on selection criteria of relinquishing parents but you never know, stranger things have happened.

I no longer count CD's I had trouble remembering when AF is due until I sat down and thought hard about it so I guess that's a milestone in an ex ACer's world.

We've just enjoyed 10 days away, first camping and then visiting relatives in Albury and friends on the NSW South Coast. I'm back to work tmw, ho hum, not really looking forward to that.

Hi to all the new oldies!!  

Better choof, nearly time for bed for me.

Will pop back from time to time.

Take care

#23 Bloomer

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

Claire36 - I'm in Sydney which Hospital are you going to.  I went to RPA we used an independant AnteNAtal class first time and it was good as she gave us independant advice on all the hospitals.  Doula is a nice idea but we felt we were OK on our own.  RPA we had pretty good help both times and even had the same room.  Isabella was born at the busiest time of the year. Though when I started is was quite quiet.
Mergie - must feel strange not having to keep track of cycles I know I had only a couple of years of it and it took me a while to get out of the habit of just keeping track of info.  I still find markings in my diaries and outlook. Mum and Dad just bought a campervan and DH is itching to go camping with them.  I have him bluffed with the girls being too young.  That is not going to last too much longer. I don't mind camping but we need a little more stuff than he is used to.

I haven't had the courage to put the girls in the same room yet.  Gave Isabella a rest in there and found grace waking her up..  we will see. Isabella is crying for a feed better go.  She is being supplemented with formula from now on..

#24 Bloomer

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

I have finally finished Isabellas announcement card.  A bit late but done. I scanned it a little crooked and the quality is as low as we dared go.  I didn't get the ribbon I wanted.  I did the earlier ones with a softer colour.  There are so many variations and so much fun I need to show it off.

#25 Guest_Lotzy_*

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:50 AM

Hello Ladies,

This is my first post here, so thought I would introduce myself.
I am an older mum-to-be at aged 40 (will be 41 when bub is born) and 20 weeks pregnant with #4. But this one being the first in 14 years and with a new partner. I feel absolutely huge!
This was a natural conception and the scans say everything is healthy and within normal range, except for some size due to the kidneys in bub, but at this stage is insignificant and to have another scan early in the third trimester for another check.

This last scan was my second. My lovely doctor thought it possible I was having twins, hence a first scan at 16 weeks, but I was more advanced than first thought, even though I was exact with my LMP...just goes to show.

Anyway apart from feeling fat and frumpy, I am healthy for now and eveything is going along really well. Although now I am at that halfway mark, the downhill climb is becoming a bit more anxious as we get closer to the EDD. Still a long way to go I know, but time flies when you are older, and this time around, things are likely to be very different to the last 3 births.

My EDD is currently 31st May '06. Oh and we are supposedly having a boy....the radiographer was 'pretty positive'...but not absolute...so we'll just have to see!

Happy New Year to everyone, and stay healthy and safe.

Lotzy aka Toni

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.