Jan 06 Parents # 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#26 mystic gal

Posted 22 January 2006 - 07:47 AM

Good Morning Mummies i hope that you had good nights sleep ( lucky for some,lol) jsut thought i would share a picture of Isabelle with you all.

have a great day

#27 Jellybean

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

Girls,

Need your opinions...

If you own/use a baby sling could you post on here & let me know the pros & cons?
I'm about to purchase one but just don't know which one..

I have a bad back so I'm hoping I can use it????? Any advice?

Annette - you've got a cutie there!

#28 --binda--

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:06 AM

Hi Girls and Bubba's

Jel - Sorry can't help you with the baby sling - but I'm waiting for the answers... I want one, but am too scared to get one (don't know why) But would definately come in handy!

Annette - Cute pic!! I had my DD at Blacktown Hospital too - I just live at the back of the hospital actually, are you from this area?

Jade started smiling yesterday - she smiled first at her cousin BJ and I down at footy, then again when I got home with my cousin... I didn't believe it at first, but this morning she smiled at sh*thead and I. Dunno why she would wanna smile at him for  mad.gif

Had a real crap w/e. Someone lied to me... So don't know what to call him now, 'cause he is NOT my DP. Someone cheated on me. So not happy, and someone now lives in the back room 'cause I'M not putting up with his sh*t.

Sorry to bring a downer on the thread.

Haven't been feeling myself for weeks now, and yesterday just topped the day off..

I've FINALLY caught up on all the washing. Just have yesterdays stuff and whatever he took away with him to wash - although I'm thinking I'm gonna burn the clothes he took away with him. It'd make me happy.

How's all the bubba's going?

Not many of the girls left in DIJ are there???

Belinda

#29 ~waiting~for#5~

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:38 AM

darn just as I'm catching up the kids wake up  mellow.gif

Jaundice~ K1 is head, 2 is upper Trunk, 3 lower trunk, 4 legs and arms. Matt was a 2-3 also  wink.gif

Contraception~ errrmm TMI we got back into the relations full swing last night, so better start thinking about that one abit more! Last week was only fooling around  tongue.gif

I have been MIA with Mastitus  mad.gif

Binda~ huggs I would be sticking him out in the dog house too  wink.gif

#30 mystic gal

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:02 AM

Morning Mummies & Bubba's how are we all today?

Jellybean ~ Thank you. And to answer your question about the sling,i use
TOMY Safari
carrier which i got from Big W, i have a bad back and i find this one very comfortable as it has a strap which supports your back, though i do find that i cant have it on any longer than 1 hour, or my back starts aching. We only got one as when we go shopping (food shop)it was easier than getting her pram out or using the ones that are in the trolley ( they are very dirty). But shop around and get one thats right for you.

Binda~Jade is so gorgeous  biggrin.gif yes i live in Kings Park, which isnt far away at all, so perhaps we can keep in touch and then one day meet up. You can find out about the sling from the above mentioned aswell. Not good that you had a bad weekend not good about the lying part.
Fantastic to hear that Jade smiled, Isabelle smiles more for my husband then me.lol

Well Isabelle is a little cranky today she got her NEEDLES  sad.gif but she was very brave, unlike mummy ( i nearly cried) so i'm hoping she will stay calm today, i gave panadol before hand so i hope it helps her, she is sleeping so thats a bonus.

Well i better get going and incase i dont get back on her i am going away from Tuesday to Saturday ( going to canberra, husband is going to New Zealand for his brothers wedding, he gets lots of full night sleeps)

Guess what she has just woken up, so i will talk later have a great day

#31 raptmum

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

hi Everyone

I've finally had a chance to wander in to our parents group.  And now I can't remember what I was going to type after putting everything in my DIJ post!  Doh!

Mel - I've replied about slings in the DIJ post.

And to whoever is suffering mastitis - I feel your pain.  I am so over it.

And so is my DD who is calling me away already....I'll be back,,,,

Mel

#32 Jellybean

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

Good evening lovely ladies,

QUESTION

I have had a sore left boob for a few days, sting sore not pain sore.. almost like Em has been pinching it LOL.
I investigated this evening and have discovered a split in the nipple (underneath). Not like a graze but an actual split, almost like a paper cut! OUCH!  blink.gif
I have Lanisoh cream, will this help or should I be using something else?

Thanks

#33 ~Rose~

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:55 AM

Hey Mel,

I hear ya on the cracked nipple thing! I've had one since Josh was about 4 days old. It actually got so bad last week I was standing in the shower & it was dripping blood from it - OUCH!  blink.gif

The cream you mentioned works miracles. I have been using it & expressing to give my boobie a rest & it's just about cleared up now.

Hope it's feeling better soon original.gif

#34 crissty_au

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:02 AM

Hey lovely ladies!

I finally have the time to come in and do a proper post biggrin.gif

I hope everyone and their new beautiful bundles are travelling along nicely!  Congrats to those that have just had their babys too biggrin.gif
Ive skimmed the last few threads as i havent had much chance to read up, but can only do personals from the last few posts so ill try to come in more often and keep up a bit better!

Jellybean and Binda, on the sling thing I can really recomend www.bearhugbaby.com.au.  They are made by a work from home mum (whose also an EB member), there amazing quality and really REALLY comfy!  They distribute the weight so much more than I thought they would, so even with the bad back I dont think it would be a problem.  Im actually best mates with one of the distributors for this company, so if you guys want anymore details or have any questions I can pass her details on, im sure she can answer anything..Ill harass her and see if we can get a discount happening for the Jan mums if anyones interested lol!!

Binda, sorry your other halfs being a jackass sad.gif  From what ive seen of you around EB your a fantastically strong person that will do whats right by you and Jade, have fun burning those clothes wink.gif

mystic gal, LOVE that pic, shes a real cutie!!

Jellybean and Rose, all i can say is ouch!!
Hope you feel better soon Jellybean!!

Nic your birth story is amazing, ive seen pics of a waterbirth and they were just beautiful and gobsmacking, actually pics of any birth are like that hey wink.gif
What a beautiful bond yor girls will have with their new sister having been there and involved in it all biggrin.gif

ME- well were all doing ok here, the boys just adore their little brother (sometimes too much hehe), and weve all settled into our new groove quite easily, 3 is no different to 2 kiddies in my opinion!
We had Hudsons pediatrician app on Thursday, he passed all the newborn and reflex checks with flying colours, the doc said that 5 yrs ago this kind of thing would never have been detected, and they would never have worried us!!
Were booked in for an eye test, spine scan, heart echo and head and kidney ultrasounds in the next week and a bit to get all that checked out then back to the pediatrician for a better plan of attack once we know the results from them.
Hes doing everything he should be though, drinking and going through the nappies like theres no tomorrow, i forgot how many nappies a newborn uses lol!
Hudsons finally got his nights and days sorted out too now, so im finally getting some sleep (well a little bit more anyway)!

Ive finally got off my butt and stuck back into the business again, I just havent had the time or energy with 3 kids so close in age, but im not giving up on it, so found my motivation again lol
So if anyone wants anything made up for the bubbies just sing out  tongue.gif

Anyway Im going to dash, nick back to bed before teh bigger fellas wake up.

Take care and big hugs to all!
Promise ill try to come back more often!
Does anyone still go into chat on the msn grp???

Tootles

#35 mystic gal

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:01 AM

Morning Mummies & Bubba's

Crissty Thank you, Hudson is gorgeous!! If you dont mind me asking what's wrong with him?

Jellybean & Rose thats got to hurt hope it gets better soon

Well ladies one thing must be said thank god for musical mobiles!! Isabelle has been laying in her cot for at least 30mins watching her bears go around,when it stops,she makes noises, go wind it up and she smiles. I hope that you all have a fantastic week and hopefully i can get on while i'm away to check post's.. Said bye to DH this morning as he heads to Newzealand  sad.gif it was sad we both cried, its his first time away since Belle was born.

YAY Belle slept from 8.30pm to 3.15am,it was great

Well take care
*hugs* to all of you and ur babies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.