Yay - Homebirth!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YummyMummy of 2

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:54 AM

Yay - I'm not the only one!!

Hi ladies - nice to know there's others out there who are fans of homebirth!

I have 2 babies (well, not so little anymore) DS an attemped homebirth and DD who was a textbook homebirth.

I copped so much flak from rellies and friends about my decision to have a drug-free, natural labour in my own home but it was the best thing i've ever done.

would love to hear about anyone elses experiences and whether you had privately hired midwives or used a homebirth program.

cheers

Erin

PS - can any of you guys tell me how to create a sig so i can show pictures of my babies?

#2 chant

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

I've just read the pinned thread and it seems that there are a few due in July homebirthers out there - me too! I'm 15 and a half weeks preg due around 20 July.

I had a planned birth centre (ended up labour ward) birth with my first. A home waterbirth with my second. Planning a homebirth for my third with the same team attending. I have a doctor, a midwife, 2 birth attendants (who were both at both births!) plus my partner of course and someone to tend to the kids. Yes, quite a crowd! Altho' the doc keeps a low profile and doesn't really come into the room much. Based on other homebirths he's been at, he usually helps with filming if a video is being made or hangs out in the kitchen. In my case the birth was very quick so he only arrived shortly before the final action :-)

I am only now beginning to feel some excitment about it all as I have been feeling so shocking (and still not great).

Cheryl
DH Ant
DS Michael
DD Noa

#3 cesca

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

Yay indeed!!!  Just noticed this forum - about bloody time too!! tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

Both my kids were homebirths - fantastic experiences.  And a lot of my friends have had homebirths too.  I think it's a lot more common in New Zealand than in Aussie though.

Yay again for this forum!

#4 ~kylie~

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

I'm another due in July.. about the 27th. My second DD will be 3  on the 20th.. so hoping not to give birth that day!

YummyMummy - There is a link on the left hand side under the heading "Member Menu" that says "Edit my Signature" You can do it all from in there. original.gif

#5 ~kylie~

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hi Sam and welcome!

This will be my first homebirth as well - very exciting!

I've added you to the due list at the top of the forum. original.gif

#6 YummyMummy of 2

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

thanks kylie - tried the edit my sig thingy, but keep getting a "run time error message" everytime i do and nothing i create actually works. I get the run time error message on most pages of the EB website. Virus scan hasn't turned up anything so might just have to stay plain old YummyMummy

#7 obee

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:29 PM

hi ladies
i had a hvbac and it is nice to see that the homebirth idea is still alive and well out there.
good luck to all those out there going for their first
homebirth
obee

#8 roni29

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

Finally, a homebirth forum! Thanks EB! Have often checked in on this topic when it was hidden in natural remedies or whatever it was.  

I'm due with #2 in June but unfortunately won't be going down the homebirth track - due to two considerations, primarily the cost unfortunately (in the ACT it's incredibly restricted and only one independent midwife works in the region) and also my own fears after my near death experience with #1. Anyhow, I wish everyone planning a homebirth the very best - I love that saying about Pizzas Are Delivered, Babies Are Born  biggrin.gif

#9 Gemanddi

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:10 AM

Fantastic - good to see a homebirth forum!

I am pregnant with #2 and had a homebirth with #1.  I've decided to go the birth centre option this time and am in the draw to get a place at the Brisbane Royal Hospital's birth centre.

I would have gone homebirth again however my husband wasn't so keen this time.  I think he got a bit freaked out last time because it took quite awhile.  DS was posterior and took a long time to come out.  I had complete faith in the process and only discovered recently how DH felt about it so the birth centre is the next best option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.