Feb 06 Parents # 1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Bel

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:41 AM

Here is your Feb 2006 Parents Group Thread # 1 original.gif

Congratulations on the birth of babies!

May I ask you to please read the Parents Group Guidelines, and ensure that you all stick to them please, so our time together is enjoyable.. the last thing you need is me nagging you all to follow the rules!

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=174619

All of these threads are locked at 40 posts or so. There is a link to the previous thread in the first post, so it doesnt really matter if you post near 40. And if you really want everyone to read what you have to say, if it is near 40, wait til the new thread original.gif
I have more groups to manage than the DUE IN Groups, so please understand there are reasons why your threads are shorter than you probably are used to!

CONGRATULATIONS to all February 2006 Parents, and if you need anything, please feel free to contact me!

#2 pas

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

smile1.gif  smile1.gif YEY!!!!! smile1.gif  smile1.gif

Thanks Bel for opening up the thread!!!

Looking forward to finding some time to spend in here!!!

Anyone there?!

I might just introduce myself to those who don't know me.

My name is Polly and I now have a DH and three kids! Annabel Grace was born 11 days early on Jan 24, so I'm a kind of imposter but having spent my whole pregnancy due in Feb, I plan to stick around here to chat with the DIF girls!

Cheers for now original.gif

#3 mystic gal

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:50 AM

Hi there Mummies

Thanks Bel for this one original.gif your doing an awesome job!!
Hi Polly my name is Annette and i am a SAHM of a 10week old baby daughter Isabelle. Congratulations on the birth of Annabel Grace, i hope that everything is well and your both doing well.

take care
*hugs*

#4 Morts!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

Thought I'd duck in here and check out the Feb 06 Parent's thread. I had my bub in January but was due 1st Feb so will stay here with all the girls I know.

For those who don't know me, my name is Karen, and our first bub, a little girl, Laura, was born on 22nd January (10 days early).

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

#5 JessieW

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:26 AM

Hi Girls

I can't believe I'm posting in here...I'm a real practicing mother! (and I DO MEAN PRACTICING!!)

Frances is sleeping, It's 4.25am and I'm not up because of her..I'm up as my back is sore. Didn't think that would be the reason! She's been sleeping 21 hours a day since birth. Keep it up Frances original.gif

Congrats to you all...(btw, Frances was born on my birthday - that was reeeeally nice)

Also...Ang I LOVE the name Mersey May. Been wanting to tell you that for ages

Jess

#6 sweetbaby

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

Hi everyone!

My name is Georgie and just had my lovely son Christian on the 3rd of feb(1 week after his due date).So we'll be joining you girls in here if that's cool.

I Live in Sydney with dh and our three other kids.Will post as often i as i can but bear with me as still juggling life with four kids

Nice to meet everyone and will pop in when i can.

#7 sweetbaby

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I guess you all must be busy,lol.I don't have to cook tonight so thought i'd come here for a bit.

Had a really bad night.Christian was really unsettled and just wanted the boob all the time(growth spurt?).Is anyone b/f?I'm trying to get him to last 3hrs,not sure if i should just demand feed.The prob is his always falling a sleep on me and the whole b/f process takes about 1hr in total(boob,waking him,burping)JUst wondering how long does your bubs feed each time?Oh and his doing heaps of poos i think about 10 a day.Gees i don't remember the kids doing that many a day at the begining.

Jes how's the back?Mine gets sore from time to time to.Oh you are so lucky to have a bubs who sleeps so much.

Polly funny we have kids born in the same years.My son was born in Jan'96',DD oct '04'and christian feb '06'.My other dd was born Aug 02.

Hi to mystic girl,Ang,Karen hope your all doing well.

well gotta go my son we'll be home soon........

Take care all

Georgie

#8 JessieW

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

Hi Georgie original.gif

Not really speaking from experience here..but I hear ya on the 'falling asleep on the boob' problem.

I'm a bit of a fan of the 'Baby Whisper' book and it says to demand feed for the first few weeks then try to bring in a three hour routine of E.A.S.Y Eat, Activity, Sleep, You time.

Frances won't go for longer than 4 hours before waking up hungry...and I'd feel weird if I didn't give her a breast when she's demonstrating her hungry signs (open mouth, arched back, sucking fingers)

JMHO

Jess X

#9 ~TCBF~

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:17 AM

Hello Ladies,

I better introduce myself as well for those not from the DIF group.

I am a SAHM to two boys. Our first born is 17 months old, our second born (born 2 days past his due date) is a week old today (3rd Feb 2006).

My newborn is keeping me on my toes but I too am a fan of The Baby Whisperer and as of yesterday he is in a 3 hourly EASY  routine. It seems to be working as last night we had only one night feed at 0230 and then he went all the way through until 0700.. Today is the best ive felt since the birth... I cant recommend this book enough.

Thats it for now, I should be doing my sorely neglected house work but EB is sooo addictive.

Back later xxx

#10 LiLMinx

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:47 PM

Hiya Girls,

I am another new mum to this area previously I have mostly been posting in "Parents to Be SA".

On Feb 2 My gorgeous little princess Keira Bailey was born 7lb 7oz.  She has been a wonderful addition to our family.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all in the near future.

Currently I am on Maternity Leave for 3mths but I think that I may have to extend that because I do not know how I am going to be able to part from her.

Take Care Everyone and talk again soon !  biggrin.gif

Dena

ME 36
DH 28
DS 8

#11 JessieW

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

I'm going to jump in and suggest a Sydney meet up in the not too distant future for us Sydney gals...perhaps when the c-section scars/girly bits have all healed though!

J XX

#12 3cheekykids

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

Hello everyone.... Another mum from the DIF group. Let me introduce myself. My name is Joan and I have 3 kids (will probably have to change my user name soon  biggrin.gif ), DS6, DD2.5 and DS born via c-sec on 3rd Feb (due 7th Feb). Am enjoying every moment of my new little man at the moment as this will be our very last baby.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone, old and new. I hope that you will all have a good night. Off to bed.....

cheers.

#13 Morts!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hi all

Haven't looked in here for a few days and all of a sudden there's lots of posts!

Georgie - It takes me about an hour to feed Laura as well. She tends to fall asleep and then I need to burp her for quite a while because she's been suffering from a bit of reflux so half the time she brings up a lot of the milk and is hungry again soon after. I've started her on a routine from www.saveoursleep.com.au which is really helping. I know what you mean about all the pooing as well! Laura seems to poo constantly - every nappy is a pooey one except maybe one or two a day. Last night she went 6 hours between feeds so I actually got some sleep - it was great!

Jess - Hope your back is feeling better! What a great sleeper you have there!

Hi to everyone else - glad to hear you're all enjoying your bubs!

#14 Miranda Grace

Posted 12 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

hi everyone! my name is amanda and i had a beautiful baby girl on the 4th feb. She is my third child, the othres are 4 1/2 and 3. Her name is Madeleine Grace and she is just adorable.
We are still getting into a routine but she pretty much runs it! She Bf about every 2-3 hours, pretty much whenever she wants it. So far she feeds pretty quickly, about 10-15 minutes each feed. My other kids were quick feeders which is great especially at night time.
Looking forward to getting to know you all better.
amanda

#15 LiLMinx

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hey Ladies,

Well today I am totally drained I feel like a cow and don't know how I am going to cope when DH goes back to work.  I just seem to spend my days on the couch feeding my lil princess, she is BF 2 hourly.  I am missing MY TIME. Are there others out there that ever feel like this?

I had forgotten what it was like to have a newborn again.  My DH is wonderful and always takes her after a feed to give me a little break.  I have another week with him and then I am on my own, this scares me.

I just needed to get that off my chest and it makes me feel a little better.

Dena

ME 36
DH 28
DS 8

#16 JessieW

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:49 PM

Gosh Dena, that does sound like a lot of feeding! I feel for you...

I have a question for you guys...do you think that we can know our baby's basic temperament at this age? If we have a placid sleepy baby now does this mean that they will most likely remain so? or do newborns wake up after the first few weeks and then their 'real' temperament comes throught...be it 'spirited baby, touchy baby, placid etc...

WDYT?

Jess

#17 *BLUE*FAIRY*

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:53 PM

just droping in to say hi smile1.gif to you all.

ryan mathew born 2nd feb 06
3520g 7 12
52cm long

? time
im bf ryan and he has been doing about 4-5 poohs a day and they are yellow. ohmy.gif

ang- i know what you are saying. jessica is 2 tomorrow and when i look at her and ryan i just think " she was about 800g lighter at birth only 2 years ago" and today she is big girl.

#18 LiLMinx

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:22 PM

jeanelle,

I wish my DD was back doing those daily poohs. My precious little DD hasn't done job no2 in 3 days.  DH and I went to a BBQ yesterday and wham bham... one big fart and out it flowed straight down my leg, all over my top ... 6 really, really good runny poohs all in a row  blush.gif ... Hence, we left the BBQ leaving a lovely lunch behind  sad.gif

Dena

#19 JessieW

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:38 AM

Dena..that sounds rather unpleasant!

Ang - that sounds good to me...in terms of baby's tempearement staying the same for the first 6 months atleast.

I've been up every 1.5 hours throughout the night feeding Frances, I'm going to try and not let her nap for longer than 1.5 hours at a time today and hopefully we'll have a better night tonight.

My boobs are pretty wrecked! and Jessica on the Today show has a rather annoying laugh...

J X

#20 livnik

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:25 AM

Hi there ladies and congratulations to you all on the birth of your new bubs.

My name is Saira and I am from SA. I have now got 3 beautiful children.

Olivia who is 5 and just started school last week.
Nikki who is 3
and our new addition Liam Thomas who is 5 days old and is currently asleep on my chest.
He weight in at 6lb13oz and the 9th of feb at 38 weeks by ECS.
LENGTH 49cm HC 35cm.

I am BF him around every 2-3 hours and he is taking it really well.
I have a mothercarer with me this week, who is helping me out she does everything from cooking and cleaning to taking the kids out, she has taken Nikki out for the morning and it is very quiet here.

Well I will leave it there and I hope to be a bit more active in this group, as I was a bit of a lurker in my DIF group lol

Take care

#21 Delbo

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hi everyone!!

Thought I better come and join in.  For those that aren't from the DIF group my name is Georgina, I live in Melbourne and I have just had our third child a girl on 29th January.  My dates had me as due on 3rd Feb but Ultrasound changed it to the 30th Jan.  But I stuck with the Feb girlies as they are too gorgeous!!!

Stats are:

Name:  Emma Grace
DOB: 29th january (my DD's 3rd birthday won't they love that when they are older!)
Weight: 6lb 12oz
Length: 48cms
HC: 34 cms
Length of labour: 2.5 hours

A few quick personals:

Jess:  My DD #1 was a very placid baby.  But by the time she was around 8 months old and starting to move around a bit she changed into a spirited child.  lol.  She is very demanding, defiant, independant but gorgeous just the same.  Tries my patience most days though.  So for me she is very different now to what she was as a baby. Oh and I agree about Jessica Rowe's laugh!!!

Jeanelle - Emma poos in every nappy and it looks like seeded mustard.  Nice and yellow!!  Totally normal for a fully BF baby.

Ang - yeah my two older kids look huge now!!  I put DD's night nappy on the other night and her bum looks huge!!  lol.  And I picked her up and she weighs a tonne!

Ok better go an do some housework in the 45 mins I have left b4 the next feed.

Georgina  xx

#22 JessieW

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:42 PM

Hey Girls

Two milestones to report today...

Frances's stump fell off (awful thing) I actually cried and told her she was a fully fledged human being now!

AND

I can fit into my old pair of jeans. The tummy hangs over mind you  blush.gif  but hey.....

JXx

#23 ~TCBF~

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:49 AM

Oooh Jessie, ive been running around in my old clothes too.. Its great isnt it??

Ive also got the overhang, otherwise known as "the muffin top" but a long singlet will cover most of that. Two kilos to drop then im back to being my old normal (though very milky) self.

My small drama at the moment is I think im developing mastitis.. I cant be certain as ive never had it before but I have one very sore breast (which feels like its overfull all the time even when its not) and last night there was some redness on it. I had planned on seeing a GP today but I woke up this morning and though still very sore, the redness is gone.. So ill wait and see. Instead we are taking a family outing to the aquarium in Darling Harbour as DH and I think that DS#1 will get a real kick out of it.

It will be expensive though, parking around that place is a killer and I dont like the idea of public transport with a toddler and a newborn.. The joys of parenthood.

Take care girls, everyone enjoy trying on the old clothes and remember its still very early days, so if they still dont quite fit, its ok.. OK??

xxx

#24 LiLMinx

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:04 AM

Jessie,

Frances sounds exactly like my Keira, the last 2 days she has started waking every 1 - 1.5hrs for a feed.  Its draining at the moment I put her down in her bassinet at the beginning of the night and then when she wakes I bring her to my bed.  I don't know how mums can get up that many times in a night to feed, least this way I just have to roll over to feed!  Although for the moment it is hard for DH and myself as he has been moved into the boys room and I miss my cuddles.

How are others coping with BF at night?

Dena

#25 Morts!

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:25 PM

Feeding - Laura has been wanting a lot more feeds too. Mostly during the day though. We're very lucky that she has started sleeping about 5-6 hours straight at night. We have her in a bassinet in our room and when I hear her wake up I get her up, change her nappy and feed her sitting up in bed (normally takes about an hour to feed her or 2 hours if she's really unsettled). Then when she's sleepy I put her back in her bassinet. I'm trying to get her to have a feed at about 9.30pm in the hope that she'll sleep through until 3 or 4am but if she's asleep at 9.30pm she just won't wake up. I even tried wiping her face with a cold wet flannel and she still stayed asleep. Any suggestions for waking her up?

Clothes - I can't fit into any of my old pants. I'm actually glad about that because I had been trying to put some weight on. I kind of have the 'muffin top' thing happening as well. My tummy skin is still quite loose and soft.

Baby poos - Laura has one in almost every nappy as well and it looks like seeded mustard. Mmm mmmmm!

Suzy - I hope you don't have mastitis. Make sure you get to the Dr ASAP though if you think it is - don't want it to get too far.

Livnik - Lucky you having a mother carer. I need one of those to clean my floors and bathrooms and cook me dinner. I was getting used to having all my meals delivered in hospital and now I would love it all the time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.