Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:49 PM

Hi Everybody!!!!

Hooray!! I got 1st again!!

Love and Happiness
Nat

#3 Tildababy

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:01 PM

Hi All,

How are you and your beautiful babes going? Grace is going well. She is three weeks old tomorrow and I feel a little sad like she is growing up too quickly. I am so pleased with how breastfeeding is going. Our CHN suggested a few little tips and as a result we have a baby sleeping up to 5 hours between feeds at night and her unsettled time is now during the day!

On the nappy front, the cloth is going well. Our little princess is one of those who constantly fills her nappy with lovely mustard yellow poos but they are finally starting to settle a little and we have the pleasure of a couple of wet nappies now which is a change. I bought some fitted Tots Bots which are great but have surprised myself by using the flats quite a bit too. Plus the flats do dry in no time compared to the fitted.

Anyway, it is just about feed time and with any luck I won't have to get up to feed again until around 3am....fingers crossed....I don't want to jinx myself.

I have finally made a new ticker now all I have to do is put of photo of my little girl with my signature!

Take care

Tildababy - Kylie B)

#4 Jellybean

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:32 AM

Well girls,

It's D-Day for me today (LOL).. Tim has gone back to work (after almost 4wks!) and I am going solo with the 3 kidlets for the first time! OH MY GOD!!  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif
So far so good but it is only 9am..  tongue.gif

Ayden (DS2) has his first swimming lesson today, bit worried about that as he's a bit of a sook! Oh well.. he's just gonna have to get over it hey!?

Not much else happening. My Dad left for Tassie yesterday, he's on the Spirit of Tasmania with his caravan & all, how lucky!

Liam (DS1)starts school on Thursday.. just a few more things to organise over the next couple of days. I'm sure he'll cry, as will I  blush.gif

Anyway, no time for personals at the moment, back later (when Tim get's home  wink.gif )

Ciao for now

#5 mystic gal

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:39 AM

Hello mummies and babies!!!

Hope everyone is getting on well..and babies are being good for their mummies original.gif

~Gagsmissus~ Thanks for that i miss him lots!! Great to hear that Mitchell is doing well, and stick with tha boob he must be getting enough as he is putting weight on. He is gorgeous original.gif
~Jayamyc~ Yeah those Dh of ours do fantastic jobs dont they original.gif. Glad to hear Cooper is 2 weeks old and that your friend's little one will have a great mate in Cooper original.gif
~Rose~ Know the feeling on the sleep front, then again
What is sleep?
. Yah i miss my Dh like crazy cant wait to see him again

~Tildababy~ Glad to ehar things are going well with you and Grace, glad to hear about the sleeps and that the cloth nappies are working well.

~Dimples~ Could be that there is not enough let down, but does bub get very worked up beofre the fed?? IF so perhaps bub is swollowing too much air causing gas making bub vomit, thats what happened with belle.

~Jellybean~ Good to hear that thing are going well even if it's only 9am means they are going to get better!!! Fantastic to hear that Ayden has swim class, how did it go? did he sook? I wish i could goto Tassie for a holiday!! dont we all though original.gif WOW that will be a hard day when Liam starts school i'm sure there will be tears all round, but it's good to show them it's ok to cry.. Some parents are like i cant cry in front of them, but it's actually better for them. I hope that everything goes smoothly today and that you dont get too frazzled. i bet Tim will get a great big kiss & hug when he gets home, just for returning.lol How did he go at work??

~ME & BELLE~
Well i was totally amazed last night she had a fed and finished by 7.25 ( mind you she drank 240mls) then she was asleep at 8ish the amazement was that she didnt wake until 3am!!!! thats a big 7 hours of sleep ( and i needed it) then she woke again about 7 for another fed, i was so amazed taht she slept that long she hopefully is going into the next phase of feeding big before bed to get through the night. Lets just cross those fingers. Belle has become more aware of her surroundings when we got home yesterday i put her on her change table and she smiled and looked around the room ( she knew where she was). I put the phone next to her ear last night when talking to DH and she was smiling she recognized his voice, then when i took the phone away she cried sad.gif . Well there are 7 more hours until i get to hug my gorgeous husband, i cant wait, it's amazing how much i have missed him we really havent been apart only when i gave birth to belle,but he was still close.lol

Am taking belle to Gymbaroo today to check it out, they are doing a free session at Marayong Community Centre, will see how it goes and decide if i will put her in. i will post the website if anyone else wants to look. www.gymbaroo.net.au

Well better go and get belle bathed hope everyone has a great day and i will let you all know how gymbaroo and the reunion with DH goes.

*hugs* to you all  

#6 you can do it

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

Hi all,

I have been trying to keep up with you all but with 6 children at home and the school holidays I have been run off my feet.

Good luck to all of you who are doing on their own for the first time today.  My dp also went back to work today and 4 of my children went back to school.  I drove the car for 5 mins for the first time last night  after my c/s and it was not to bad.  Then today I have driven my children to school, went food shopping and cloths shopping and taken my daughter to work.  I still have to pick up the children from school and my daughter from work.  I think I have done to much as I am now very sore.

I had the nurse come out today to see about pnd as I had it with my last child and she thinks that I may be getting it again.  I hope not.  Things will get even harder if that is the case.  She wants me to see the dr but I will wait and see what happens.

Daniel is getting bigger.  He is very unsettled.  Cries alot, has lots of wind and farts (tmi) all the time.  We have tried Infants Friend and it has not helped.  Has anyone tried it?  We have the baby nurse coming on Wed so I hope that she has some ideas.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Jane (janefive5)

#7 mystic gal

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL YOU MUMMIES DOING IT SOLO TODAY

~Jane~ Well done i think your very brave having 6 kids argh.lol i could imagine how busy you can get.I think you have done a fantastic job today but have probably over done it, hope you dont get too sore. Good to see that Daniel is getting bigger he is a little cutie original.gif with the wind i have been using Gripe water and that has worked a treat! The community nurse will probably suggest some massage on the tummy, a warm bath, giving water, moving his legs towards his belly and back, or to put him across your knees and pat his back. i hope things go well though.

~Dimples81~ Am glad to hear that she fed better and without vomiting, hope it keeps up.. Yeh Belle is getting lots better with sleeping

~Nic~ Glad to hear that Ash is doing well will be interesting to see how much she weighs, hope nothing major happened with the toilet

blush.gif

Well jsut found out that DH's plane has been delayed argh going to be caught in really bad traffic. Well took beel to Gymbaroo it was good she enjoyed it, might go back again.

Take care and have a good day
*hugs*

#8 ~Butterfly~

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

Dimples also If you hold off feeding try to express. As your body will think it needs to make less.

Was suppose to go in for a scan today but they changed it for tomorrow (to check for retained products) My roids are getting better WOO HOO. At least now just have to put up with them being itchy. so good to be able to sit without tears running down my face.

Phoenix is doing wonderfully original.gif 3 nights in a row now he has slept 6 hours then 4 hours with going straight back to sleep after the feeds.

Day time is different LOL He has his wake time and winge time during the day. I can handle that original.gif

Oh what size nappies are everyone still using. Phoenix is already out of Newborn nappies  sad.gif For the last 3 days we have had to use the next size up. Finding tho no more leaking LOL
He is also out of all the newborn clothes sad.gif one wore most of them once.

#9 Tildababy

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

Hi All,

Just popping in quickly to answer Nic's question.

What sort of covers am I using with my Tots Bots?

I am using the breathable PUL Tots Bots covers during the day and I use the polar fleece Tots Bots wraps of a night time. Both are working great...I do have a Motherease Airflow cover but it won't fit her for a couple of months...made out of the breathable PUL too. Grace is still doing no. 2's most nappy changes and not a sign of nappy rash even with not being able to give her much nappy free time yet because of her jet propulsion poo's.

Had best go and get a start on tea...if we don't eat early we seem to have a little girl disrupting our meal!

Kylie

#10 Janibe

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

Wow,
I fail to check in for one day and feel like I am way behind in everyones news!!! (Something that was happening in the DIJan forum when we were all waiting for our babies!!!)

Jack had is first full day out yesterday - BBQ lunch at Nanna and Pops then a BBQ tea and Grannie Annie's and Grumps (such interesting names for the new Grandparents). He lapped up all the cuddles he got and wanted more when he got home. Luckily Daddy hadn't seen him for a couple of hours and wouldn't let him go. Once he got to sleep (MIDNIGHT) he slept until just after 5am!!!!

Went to the Dr's today to get my iron levels checked. I've gone from 76 (below transfusion level) to 92 - so I'm still anemic (sp?) but because I have basically been all my life the Dr is happy so I don't have to continue taking iron tablets which were making me sick. I have to go on fortnightly iron studies and she is testing me for celiac(sp?) disease as she believes I have a problem absorbing iron. She also told me that I have to take is extremely easy for the next two months and forget about housework etc etc etc so its tending to Jacks needs and sleep for me (YEP and its going to last as well NOT

Will try and do a few personals apologies in advance to those I miss

Tildababy - I sympathise with you about meal times. Jack has a keen sense for our meal time - It doesn't matter when it is or what he is doing he believes that it is also his meal time (even if he has only had a drink a few minutes before hand.)

~Butterfly~ - Jack is almost out of his newborn nappies - has a snug fit rather then the nappy being almost as big as him. He's still in 0000 clothing but some of the smaller 000 are fitting him nicely.

mystic gal - Hope you had a good reunion with DH

proud mum to 7 - Jack has a lot of wind and is a sure winner against anyone in a fart competition. Haven't found anything that works at the moment either. Hope teh Child health nurse has some answers.

Ok thats my effort for the time being. Have just brought a new computer so I want to fully check it out

Peta

#11 Jellybean

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:34 AM

OUCH!!!

A)MY BOOB HURTS!  blush.gif  blush.gif

B)MY TAILBONE HURTS  mad.gif  sad.gif

I need advice girls.. I have a crack in my left boob that resembles a very large paper cut & boy does it hurt. The sweat factor isn't helping, let me tell you!
I've been using Lanisoh cream after each feed but it's not going away  sad.gif

My tailbone was sore during pregnancy (last 6wks or so) but it's become worse since birth! My god it kills! I sat on my exercise bike last night & nearly screamed the place down!
Anyone else got this or had it before? What can I do?

Sorry for the me, me, me post but I need help
mellow.gif

#12 ~Rose~

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:49 AM

Morning Everyone!!

Yesterday was our first day ALONE!! DH headed back to work so it was all up to me & I must say things run very smoothly original.gif

Today however.......our second day I have crashed & burned!!!! Joshua was awake from 1am till almost 5:30am he just wouldn't go to sleep, of course he's asleep now the little monkey!!!  mad.gif

I have no clothes that fit  sad.gif  I seriously need to lose some weight but I can still hardly walk. It's only short distances I can manage which is frustrating because I want to get out & walk some of this weight off!!  mad.gif

We are going strong with the cloth nappies, I actually like using them. They are super cute on my little chubby bubba wink.gif

Jellybean
Stop feeding from that breast!!!! I had a massive cracked nipple a few weeks back & also used the Lanisoh cream - but it wasn't until I stop feeding & expressed from that boob did it go away. Expressing is so LESS painful than feeding trust me original.gif Hope it gets better soon original.gif

Will try & come back later for more personals - Gotta get Tash off to school original.gif

#13 Jellybean

Posted 31 January 2006 - 08:28 AM

Hey Rose,

I thought about not feeding from that side but the only problem is, I can't express. Hand or pump, it just doesn't work for me  blink.gif
Even the midwives in hospital couldn't express for me.. weird hey?

So, looks like I have to put up with it hey?

#14 Gagsmissus

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

Hi Everybody!!

A pop in a say Hi while lunch is cooking! I told myself I will clean the house after lunch!! lol! I been going to do it all day!! Mitchy is having a sleep now though so its a good time! Whats the bet he wakes when I turn on the vac? blink.gif

Exciting News....... My little Man slept from 9pm till 5am!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg!! I feel human!! I did wake at 1am and check on him but I was barely awake!! So pleased!!!!!

Oops spoke to soon.... He's stirring so I will try settle him before he's fully awake!

Love and Happiness
Nat

#15 Jeny77

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:11 PM

Hi

I am a first time mum.  My beautiful baby boy Byron is now 3 weeks old.  I am looking to chat with other first time mums and maybe join a parents group.

Jenny

#16 you can do it

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:19 PM

Hi Jenny,

Congrats on the birth of your new baby Byron.  I am not a first time parent (this is #7) but come and join us in the Jan 06 group.  We do have first time parents in there and we are all very friendly.
Jane

#17 ~4LittleDucks~

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:05 PM

Afternoon all,

My Rhysie went back to school today.I can't beleive he is in yr 1 this year..The last year just flew by..He was very nervous bout it all this morning so im hoping he had a great day,and the nerves were for nothing...Cant wait for him to get home, ive missed him sooo much today after him being here for all holidays..

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

The Clinic nurse came yest for weekly check...And i am very proud of my super boobs....My beautiful little baby Cooper has put on 200grams in 5FIVE5 days...Yes 5 days...Prob doesn't sound that exciting but i always worry with my newborns..r they getting enough etc,so am very happy to know that he is doin well..

Anyway have to run, this one handed typing gettin bit hard...lol

Take care.. rolleyes.gif

#18 mystic gal

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:43 PM

Hi Jenny

Welcome and congrats on the birth of your son, you will meet lots of great people in the forum. we are in jan 06 come and say hi. I'm a SAHM of a 9week old baby girl. look forward to talking soon
take care

#19 mystic gal

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

Hello Mummies

Well DH finally made it home after haivng his plane delayed it didnt get in til 7.20 and he came out at 7.40 argh had to wait for over an hour with a screaming baby. (so much fun NOT)
But things are good now he took today off and we have spent it together i missed him soooo much,and he has commented on belle that she has grown and she stood up on him, and he was like look at what she can do, i smiled and said wow thats clever, ( she has been doing it for a little while now but  iwasnt going to get him off his high).

So much has been happening in here.lol

~jayamyc~ Wow thats great that he started school and that he is in year 1 how exciting,lol thats so cute.. Fantastic to hear that cooper is putting on the weight and that your boobies are doing there job. original.gif

~GagsMissus~ FAntastic to hear that he slept through that long, i know the feeling Belle has slept two nights in a row for 7 hours, you feel a little more normal. I hope that he went back to sleep and that you got your cleaning done ( though no bigge if you didnt.lol)

~Dimples~ Thats not very good, i could only imagine the pain, isabelle never attached properly either *OUCH* but i used the nipple shield as she was able to fed properly. Hope things get better for you

~Rose~ you poor thing am glad your day yesterday went well, but today sad.gif i hope that things got better.. I know the feeling about not having clothes to fit, and  ihave been walking argh.. It's worse than when i was pregnant (i had a reason not too fit into the clothes) lol.AM glad that cloth nappies are working well, i use them every now and then with ISabelle. hope you have a great night original.gif

~Jellybean~ Not good to hear that your boob is sore, cant help you there sorry about that. Though with the tailbone, i find mine hurts aswell and more so if i'm sitting for a long period of time. though there isnt much to do about it. sad.gif hope you get some good advice for you though original.gif

~butterfly~ How did it go with Phoenix xray???? i hope that everything went good, glad to hear he has a sleeping routine for the moment original.gif

~ Peta~ Reunion went well apart from the delay with the plane,lol. great to hear that he enjoyed his first big day out original.gif. Hmm take it easy and relax how is that suppose to happen??? makes you wonder sometimes, but do try to take things a little easier..

Well i hope everyone had a great day and  i will talk later
*hugs*
alright with Phoenix

#20 Jeny77

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hi Jane and Mystic gal

Thank you for your welcome to the site.  Both your babies are beautiful.  I will post a picture of Byron as soon as I am able.  Will chat to you in jan 06 forum.

Thanks again
Jenny77

#21 Janibe

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

I just had to pop in to say that I am so surprised with DP today.

We had just dropped my mum off at my sisters house and on the way home he said that we were going down to the river for a romantic/celebratory picnic tonight as he goes back to work tomorrow. So we have brought a few drinks, some yummy food and have the picnic blanket packed - plus Jack is having an extra big sleep so he can enjoy his first outing to the park and the river.

Only said this is going to be a quick post so I had better get going...Hope everyone is travelling fine...

Peta

#22 ~Butterfly~

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:55 PM

mystic gal The xray showed his lungs are doing as they should and heart was the right size. Today we noticed that it only sinks in when he is screaming or sleeping. When feeding or happy wake time it is normal original.gif

Well had my scan today. they have put me on even more antibotics sad.gif so now on 2 sorts. But the good news is the bright band they saw on saturday night is now a lot smaller and moved. So looks like it is coming out itself and they only saw 30ml cc of fluild WOO HOO that is excellent I was told for only delivering 11 days ago.

The not so good news. Phoenix now has oral thrush due to the antibotics I am on sad.gif was warned this would most likly happen. So he is now on nilstat. and poor thing wanted to feed every hour today. Gp said she thinks that was due his mouth was most likly itchy sad.gif

#23 Bel

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:43 PM

I was just doing some testing, and have merged another thread into here - thats why there are 2 or 3 posts which do not 'belong'here...

Have a good night!

#24 mystic gal

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:11 PM

Afternoon Mummies

Wow Third night in a row that Isabelle slept for 7 hours this is great!!! she then wakes at 6-7am without fail usually 2 hours after her fed.I find she drinks about 230-240mls before bed and then sleeps through, but today she has been having a bottle every 2-3hours, i guess she is storing,lol

~Jenny~ Your welcome look forward to talk with you

~Petrie~ Thats so romantic your so lucky original.gif i hope you really enjoyed yourself. How did it go with out DH??

~Butterfly~Great to hear that everything worked out well :)Great to hear that things are going well for you. Not good that he got thrush i hope it's not too itchy sad.gif

~Dimples~ Yeh we did he stayed home yesterday and we went out, it was nice original.gif. Sorry cant help with any advice about your milk, but  stick with it and just get her to suck heaps, have you tried a breast pump???

~Nic~ Thats great sleeping original.gif very funny that she doesnt want to fed.. IS there a reason why the doctor said she would sleep more??

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. better go and hang washing and fold the washing up before DD wakes up

Take care
*hugs*

#25 ~Butterfly~

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:30 PM

Dimples81  Hope you can sort out your milk supply. Sorry I do not have any advice sad.gif. Would it help at all expressing inbetween feeds? With all my other kids I found it only ever took 24 hours for my milk to disappear when I decided to stop breastfeeding. So if I changed my mind was to bad sad.gif

mystic gal wonderful for you that Isabelle is sleeping so well original.gif

We went to the clinc today and Phoenix is doing well with his weight he is now 10lb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.