Jan 06 Parents # 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#26 ~obsidian~

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:40 PM

bradandkris- Hang in there honey! My boy is 6 weeks old, and I can clearly recall the first week at home after coming out of hospital. It was such a culture shock for me and DH, I remember thinking "Who's idea was it to have a baby!!??". Honestly, just do what you can to get thru the next 2 weeks, by week 3 or 4 you'll feel heaps more in control. Feed when bub wants to, settle bub by wrapping tightly, in a dark room and rocking up on your shoulder. Try the pram, cuddles in your bed whatever it takes.
Just remember you are doing a wonderful job, your bub needs you and you are all learning together.
Good luck hon, feel free to post - the girls here are lovely.

#27 Jaynee

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:11 PM

HI all

Just wanted to say Hi to bradandkris- god it is hard in the beginning but not everybody finds this. Settling baby to sleep is difficult if you feel tense or anxious so try and relax before you go into baby and take it in turns to tend to your baby so you don't get too frustrated.

This is my 2nd child and I know I have learnt alot since having Zachary (my first). Hang in there and do what works for you (regardless is others say it will form bad habits etc) at this stage they primarily need comfort from you.

Hang in there

Janine

#28 ~Rose~

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:54 AM

ONE VERY HAPPY MUMMY HERE

Morning Girls,

Thanks to those who posted & emailed me about Joshua's blocked nose. I'm happy to say it's now all cleared up & he is a very happy little boy.

This morning about 10 mins ago I got my first smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!  biggrin.gif    biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif  

It was a big, gorgeous, gummy smile. Then they just kept coming. He is on the floor with the girls smiling everytime they talk to him original.gif

There is something about their first smile - makes your heart melt.

It's made my day original.gif Just had to share!

#29 Jeny77

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:29 AM

Hi Girls

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  I am seeing some people on the thread that I don't think I have been introduced to.  My name is Jenny and my beautiful little boy Byron is now 4 weeks and 2 days old.  I joined EB last week.  

Rose - I also had my first smile over the weekend and it was great because hubby was filming with the video camera at the time.

Bradandkris - I also find that wrapping Byron settles him him straight away and rocking him in a dark room works to.  I also have the book baby love and have found it to be very helpful (esspecially for a first time mum).  Hope things get better for you I bet your doing a wonderful job.

Byron is finally starting to settle with 4 hour feeds and is now drinking all his bottle and sleeping well and is happy and alert when he wakes up.  So we are having lots of wonderful bonding time.

Hope everyone has a great day
Take care
Jenny

#30 S-E-A-L

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:22 AM

Hi All,

Well I finally made it into this group original.gif
Edward is doing well. Eating like a champ! Starting to have more awake times which is great and he only wakes once during the night too. He doesn't cry much which is great, only when he gets a bit of wind or if I'm not quick enough to get him to the boob for his dinner! He's quite happy to just lay in his bassinette or swing and look around.

It's taking about an hour to feed him, yesterday it was longer but we are doing well..at 7pm he latched on and didn't come off the one boob for 1 1/2 hours!!!

I think i have nipple thrush as my nipples are bright red and one boob was achey. The ache has gone after getting some gel so I hope that is it, I hate taking medicine if you don't need too.

We just had a very nice morning, he woke up at 7 feed for an hour, had tummy time, swing time, bath time and now sleep time. I should go have a nap as he'll be up at 11 I'm sure! but thought I'd say hello to you all in here.

Glad to hear everything is going well in here original.gif I've had a bit of a read over the last few days, makes me feel a bit more normal with what i'm going through with feeding and settling him.

cya guys,
Anna

#31 --binda--

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:49 AM

Hi Girls,

How is everyone and their beautiful bubbas?

Today must be poo day for Jade LOL (She hasn't done one in three days) and she's squirrrrrrrrrrrrrrming sooo much and popping off!

Donna - I want to get one of the snuggle beds... Jade's started sleeping next to me in the bed from about the 4am feed onward, and that feels like the best sleep she has..But I'm wayyy too scared that I'm gonna roll on her, or she'll roll out (she's started to get the rolling action happening!) And she usually settles on me too - for instance 8:30am feed, and she fell asleep straight til 10:19 and then we got up...

Hope all is well, havent' got time to post, jade's now screaming.... she's done that poo I was just talking about and doesn't like laying in a dirty nappy (Even for a bloody minute!)

Take Care girls and hopeuflly i'll bbl

#32 ~Rose~

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:12 AM

My Smiley Boy!!!!!!!!

#33 ~4LittleDucks~

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:15 AM

rolleyes.gif Good morning to all our Mummies and Bubbies,

Im one very happy mummy also this morning.First day on my own with 3 kids,and am happy to say i coped very well...Even had Rhysie to school with 10 mins to spare.Then droped Georgia off at daycare on time,but we had alot of tears again.I'm so hoping this is just a faze as she has never cried at daycare since she started a year ago,and it breaks my heart..

Nurse just left and my tiny wittle piglet has gained 320g in 6 days OMG,i am in shock...But very happy at the same time..lol.I'm feeling proud of myself as with Rhysie and Georgia i always struggled in the early weeks with there weight gains.But on the down side nurse thinking i may have retained some after birth... wacko.gif.Which in turn means an infection.I had one with Georgia at 4wks and it wasn't nice..Have to see how i go today with it all.And prob give ob a call this afternoon.

Quick Question??????

Cooper can go thru 3 nappys per feed.He has very explosive poos...lol.Does any one elses bubs poop this often.[/

And b4 i go...

MY BABY BOY IS 3 WEEKS OLD...  rolleyes.gif

That will be all 4 now..

Have a great day everyone.. smile1.gif

#34 mystic gal

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:49 AM

Hi mummies & Babies

how are we all??? i have jsut been told by a friend that i have been posting in the wrong section as isabelle was born in November, so i have been looking in that psot as well. when  iget a chance, belle has been all over the place with her sleeps argh drives me crazy...

~ME~ i have just finished a proper period which has been ok... I'm getting along ok.. tired but thats nothing new.. it's bee pretty hot and she doesnt really like it, ( Cant blame here)

I hope that everyone is getting along really well have to go as belle is stirring will be back later to do personals

TakeCare
*hugs*

#35 babybear4

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

hi mummies and babies.
my name is jess and i am 20 yrs old and i have a 2yr old son called ben and i just had my baby daughter Hayley Elissa on the 17th of jan and since this is the jan 06 group i thought i would check in and see if i can join your group? ive been a member of eb for ages and  have followed it my whole pregnancy with Hayley although i havent update my diary for 3 months or so i better do that lol i wil leave it at that and will do personals later bye for now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.