• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Bel

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:55 PM

New Thread Time original.gif

Previous Thread

#2 ~4LittleDucks~

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:59 PM

Is it me rolleyes.gif...Cool me first...

Hope you all havin great day...  biggrin.gif Its bit too HOT for me atm.My temp thingy on the wall is saying 40 degrees where i am.Thank god dh picking kids up...I"d hate to be taking Cooper out in this wacko.gif..

Take care all.  smile1.gif

#3 Jellybean

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

WOOHOO.. Me first...  tongue.gif

Bummer - Amy beat me.. LOL

#4 Sussan

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hi LAdies

It is great to see you all doing so well!!!

I finally had the courage to come and have a look at your growing bubs, the photos you have are gorgeous.  

We are doing Ok, taking each day at a time, I feel like I could burst into tears just now, especially after seeing all your beautiful bubs.  The tears still come and go and I am sure they will continue to for a long time yet, but we are getting back on top of things, guess you have to when you have a three year old.

I will be going back to work in 5 weeks and have my 6 week check up tomorrow, will be asking about when it is safe to try and conceive again.  I miss my baby terribly and I know another will not repace Tia, but my arms are soo empty.  Since I had a c-section I am sure we will have to wait for at least 6 months, which is probably good as hopefully by then I will be stronger emotionally too.  Another pregancy will be very traumatic too, especially scan times, but the reality is that what Tia had was a chance occurance and the likely hood of it occuring again is the same for us as it is for anyone.  Not that it will stop me worrying constantly.  We have become overly cautious of Isla too, hopefully this will improve over time too.

Will catch up with you all again some time soon.

Give all of your babies a big hug and kiss from me, I have plenty to give.

Sussan

#5 ~Rose~

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:50 PM

Sussan,

It was so lovely to hear from you. You sound like you are coping really well.

I feel bad now for posting that photo of Joshua earlier today sad.gif

I can't even imagine what you are going through  - I start crying whenever I think of you & Tia.

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you & your family - I know Tia is watching over you & all the Jan bubs original.gif

#6 Janibe

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

Thought I had better pop in seeing that I had been just reading everyone's posts for a couple of days.
Had a wonderful day yesterday - took my bridesmaids to a Wedding Exhibition in the city so that we could start getting ideas - I can't believe that my wedding is less then 11 months away now!!! I have found the style of dress I want but in the pictures its a really light pink and Im not a fan of the colour so hopefully it comes in other colours. We didn't take Jack, which was good (cause the places was packed and it would have been difficult to get a pram around). He went to his uncle's place with his dad and watched the cricket. I can't believe that I left him for nearly four hours - thank goodness for expressing!!!!

Today Jack is sleeping for most of the day, it's only 2:40 and he's up to his third sleep. So much for me complaining last week with him not sleeping during the day. Last night he slept for just over 7 hours and then 3 1/2. Hopefully it will be the same again.

Sussan - It is lovely to hear from you!!!I hope that you keep popping in to give us updates on how you are going. Good Luck with going back to work...

Dimples81 - Jack is still pooping at least once a day - if we don't get one during the day then we are sure to get one in the middle of the night. At our antenatal classes the midwife said that breastfeed babies don't poop that often. There were a few posts in the New Baby section (I think) where 1 baby hadn't poop for 20 days and people replied saying that their babies could go for a few days. That was a few months ago now.

jayamyc - Its rather hot here today aswell (37 degrees) and there is a power failure as well (been 45 mins since the power went off) - air con not working mad.gif

bradandkris - welcome to the group. Sorry I can't really offer any more advice then what is already here. Im still finding that I'm rather hit and miss at different ways at settling Jack with nothing working twice.

babybear4 -Welcome to the group and congratulations on teh birth of your daughter.

Anyway must go...Sorry to anyone I've missed...Battery on the lap top quickly dying...
OH WHY CAN'T THE POWER JUST COME BACK ON!!!!

#7 mystic gal

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:30 PM

Hi Mummies & Babies

~Susann~ (((hugs))) you extremley brave coming into check all the bubs.You seem to be coping well,best wishes to you and the family..

~Jayamyc~ Congrats on being first. original.gif

~Jellybean~ Better luck next time

~petrie_h~ Going to wedding expos are fun,i went to lots.sounds like you have lots of finding your dress and the bridesmaid.hope things go well for your planning.Congrats on Jack sleeping through.

~Dimples81~ Thanks she was doing good, but has gone back to 4-5hours,lol

~ME~ things are going well am gettin her checked at the community health clinic tomorrow hope things are good with her.lol

Hope things are well with you all. give huge hugs to your babies.
Takecare
*hugs*

#8 bradandkris

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:39 PM

hello all as iam only new at this how do i put a photo of my lil jayden on here i am still struggling a lil bit with everything but soon will get to chat to you all and thank you for your help blink.gif

#9 attersee

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

Good morning ladies!
Had a fab night. Sarah slept for 5,5 hours without interruption, had a drink and had another 4 hours of sleep. I am so blessed. I actually feel human this morning!

Sussan: thank you for popping in. You are in my thoughts a lot. Keep us posted how you are doing.

Mystic gal: Good luck for your check up

Petrie: The wedding sounds very exciting! Do you have a photo of the dress?

Dimples: Sarah is the other way round. She fills her diapers every 2 hours. We are going through pampers like you would not believe!

Jayamyc: Congrats on being first.

The weather is great today. Just -5 and sunny. Sarah and I will visit the day care mother and go shopping. We are out of food. Sarah loves her baths. She cant get enough. We always make sure to have the drier running before, so that the bathroom is warm enough. It is hard to keep the temperature quite warm, our apartment is very old. DH has taken at least a million pictures of her. I wonder if the flash is bad for her eyes..

Got to go
Have a nice Monday
Attersee

#10 ~Rose~

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

Congratulations to:

Sammijo & Bernie are the proud parents of Hayley born today at 4:03pm weighing 3.5kgs, length 49cm labour 7.5hrs

#11 Rinnie78

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

Hi everyone,
i finally found out where you are! biggrin.gif
Ive missed out on a few threads already sad.gif

Sussan- it is good to hear from you, i think of you often,and wander how you are getting on.take care of yourself and pop in whenever you can.

Congrats to sammijo! Welcome Hayley biggrin.gif

Well im off to catch up on what ive missed!
mandy

#12 --binda--

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:11 PM

Sussan - So lovely to hear from you! It does sound like you r coping reasonably well. I do think of you often and wonder how you r going original.gif

Sammijo - Congrats!! So is the arranged marriage going ahead?? We need invites remember  tongue.gif

I want a house with air con!!

Took Miss Jade to Dr today - she's got thrush in her mouth sad.gif Has been in pain a bit tonight. Have given her panadol so she will be able to feed a bit better - hopefully the Nilstat starts working. I forgot to ask Dr how do I treat my nipples - does anyonne know?

anyways must be off have just under two hours to have a sleep til miss jade wakes up!

#13 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hi Belinda, I got this off the net for you i hope it helps

MEL smile1.gif

Treating thrush
Mother
Treatment includes:
Antifungal ointments such as nystatin, chlotrimazole and miconazole. These are applied to the nipple after each feed.
Airing the nipples or going without a bra.
Good hygiene. Wash your hands after touching your breasts or changing nappies.
Vaginal antifungal pessaries, if you also have vaginal thrush. It is advisable to consult your doctor.
Soaking bras, nursing pads and nappies in nappy bleach.
Some mothers find it helps to reduce sugar and yeast in their diet. See your medical advisor if thrush persists.

Baby
Treatment includes:
Nystatin liquid or miconazole for oral thrush.
Antifungal ointments for thrush around the buttocks.

#14 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

Hello lovely mummies and bubbies

i have been popping in every now and again to try and keep up with everyone.

Lachie is doing really well. He had his six week checkup last Friday and is over 5kg already.

Sussan - lovely to hear from you. i think of you and Tia daily.

xoxo

#15 Rinnie78

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:28 AM

hi girls
as you can see by the time im not getting much sleep. chloe has been awake since her last feed @ 1am sad.gif
im soooo tired, this is the third night in a row this has happened. just cant get her to settle back to sleep. every time i put her down 10min later she is screaming her head off.
she is cuddling with me atm, looking very sleepy.dont know how long she will sleep for as she will be due for another feed soon. dont see the point in getting into bed to be woken up again so soon.
right now i just want to smack Dh in the head as he is fast asleep, stayed up with me untill she finished her feed then promptly fell asleep. i really wish he would help out more. the funny thing is he thinks he does. tells  everyone how we help each other during the night, burping chloe and then going to sleep is not helping me out! mad.gif

Sorry about the vent, just so annoyed. mad.gif
well, chloe seems to have gone off to sleep, oopps, no she hasnt she just opened her eyes again!!!!
hope you are all getting more sleep than me, im off to pace the floor again and see if my munchkin will go off to sleep.

mandy

#16 ~waiting~for#5~

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:57 AM

Ryn~ My little one has also started screaming from 3am-9am  unless held wacko.gif

CONGRATULATIONS SAMMI!!!

Me~~Yesterday had 3 of my kids health checks done at the MCHC and my fears were confirmed....

little Matty can't see properly  sad.gif (where's a crying smilie when you need one)
His vision is that of a 2 week old, so he has to go back for a repeat check in a few weeks  sad.gif

But I think deep down we had actually been questioning his vision for awhile(thought I was imagining it to be honest, until dh said he wasn't sure about Matt's vision the other night).
The MCHN noticed his vision & mentioned it to me yesterday which confirmed my first thoughts. I didn't actualy go there about his eyes, just for a weigh in.

Normally a newborn will focus on at least your face whilst feeding but Matty has always looked over your shoulder or anywhere but at your face. He goes cross-eyed alot and is very slow to follow any moving objects. Basicaly he is focusing on light rather than actual objects  blink.gif

So at the moment it's a case of waiting till the next review, but also hoping like hell that he is just slow and it's not something more  unsure.gif
I hate waiting  mellow.gif

His reflux was also confirmed today, but we are just going to keep riding that one to see if he can't get over it without going on the zantac or AR formula(all my boys have been reflux babes).

I'm just so very grateful that he is here safe with me & that his problems are not any worse than they are  biggrin.gif
It just takes you back abit when someone tells you your perfect little child might have something wrong with them  sad.gif
I much prefered denial land.

Hmmm I think a big fat cheesecake is in order to eat my troubles away tongue.gif

Have not had a chance to go searching for a stork mark photo yet, I grew his fringe out so it is covered most of the time LOL
I guess you do that when once asked by the hospital he was born at how he got the bruise on his head!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
read your stupid files grrrrrr

#17 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:43 AM

mysticgal - was Isabelle due in Jan and born premature??? we have another Isabelle in our group too that was born in Nov but wasn't due 'til Jan.

#18 Jellybean

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:14 AM

Hi there lovely ladies & bubs..

Time to catch up.. it's lovely & cool here in Sydney today (after a very cruel 40 degrees yesterday!) so I can sit here & type without sweating!

Dimples
I can remember Liam going 10 days without a poo when he was a bub, I was also told it was perfectly normal for a b/f bub.. No suggestions though, sorry hun.

Sussan
Thanks so much for popping in. It's lovely to hear from you. Take care xxx

petrie_h
Ooooh, a wedding! How exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly!

attersee
Isn't Sarah good, sleeping for 5.5hrs! YAY! Makes a huge difference doesn't it?
-5 degrees!! I'd kill for that! We had a scorcher here yesterday & I'm so sick of it!

Ryn
Did you lose us??  LOL  tongue.gif
How did Chloe go last night/this morning? Did you end up getting some sleep?

Binda
I want air con too!!  sad.gif  
Bummer about the thrush... hope it clears up ASAP!

happiness
Nice to see you... hope you're going well!

~waiting~for~#4~
Sorry to hear about Matthew's vision problem.. hope it's nothing too serious. It's so hard to know when they're so little isn't it?
Does your son seem bothered by his "storkmark" at all??
My doctor always told me it'd bother me more than it bothered him, and he was right!

ME~ME~ME
What a week we've had AND it's only Tuesday..
It actually started last Thur with Liam starting school..then on Friday, In-laws attempted to take Ayden for a mouth X-ray (as he had a dentist appt) but it turned into a disaster & he screamed the place down  blush.gif ..
Weekend was pretty uneventful..
Then Monday I took Ayden to the dentist & he screamed (what's new?) for 1/2hr, finally let dentist look in there & what we thought was a hole wasn't a hole & he just put flouride on it & off we went!! GRRR  mad.gif  (happy it wasn't a hole but we were originally told it was & we were going back for a filling).. then Monday morning we had Ayden's 2nd swimming lesson - guess what?? He screamed AGAIN.. surprised??  tongue.gif
Then today is his first day at preschool... have a stab at what you think he did when we dropped him off?? YEP - he screamed!! LOL.. He is a monster I tell ya!
So, it's just me & Em here today..  biggrin.gif

I'm off for a rest.. Talk soon.

#19 Jeny77

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:09 PM

Hi Girls
Hope you are all having a good day.
Again seeing some new people on the thread so I will re introduce myself.  I am Jenny I am new to EB my beautiful son Byron is now 4 weeks and 3 days old.

Waiting for #4-  Sorry to hear about Matthews vision problem.  They can do marvelous things these days so I hope that the problem is'nt to serious.  Keep positive.

Jellybean - Hope Liam and Ayden are enjoying school and pre school.  I am an early childhood teacher so I know how first days and weeks can be on the children and teachers.  I am sure he will settle soon.

Ryn - Hope Chloe has settled and you get more sleep tonight.

Me - I was lucky I got 6 hours sleep last night as hubby stayed up to do the midnight feed so I feel a bit more human today.  Most sleep I have had since Byron was born.  Just found out I have to go back to work on the 13th March another five weeks.  I love my job but have also been enjoying being a mum and dont want to leave Byron being so young (He will be 9 weeks) but we want to buy a bigger house this year so I need to work.  Luckily I have a fantastic mum who is going to babysit full time otherwise I would not go back so soon.  Has anyone else had to go back to work so soon?

Anyway must go check on Byron as we have just moved from the bassinet to the huge cot (he looks a bit lost in there) and lots of things to do.

Take care all
Jenny

#20 ~Butterfly~

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:52 PM

MummyBinda  All I do is after every feed I put a couple of drops of Nilstat on each nipple. And make sure it is completely covered. Let it try and do bra back up. Also try at least 2 times a day to run around without bra original.gif Phoenix still has his oral thrush. Tho only a small amount now. And I have finally finished my antibotics so his should clear up soon.

Dimples Hayden use to go 14 days between poos  ohmy.gif But OMG when he did them the mess was so unreal LOL Was told this was completely normal for a totally breastfeed baby. Phoenix has finally stopped Pooping every nappy change now original.gif But still doing 5 -6 a day.

Sussan Lovely to hear from you.

~waiting~for#4~ Sorry to hear about Matt's vision.

I think Phoenix misses his daddy. Normally have no problems with him but the last 2 days all morning he is just so upset sad.gif DP went back to work yesturday. The moment DP came home last night from work Phoenix was his happy self.

#21 Gagsmissus

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

Hiya beautiful mammas and bubbas!!!

Wow! so many bubbas growing up so fast!! I just love it!!!

Mitchell is doing great! I have just started to notice he is getting bigger! Silly mum blinded by love I guess! His little legs are chubbing up beautifully!! He has been such a good little baby!! He sleeps from about 9pm at night till anywhere between 1am and 3am. He then has a feed and sleeps again till 5 or 6. Then I just have to take him into bed with us for cuddles and that bit of extra sleep!! He feeds and I sleep!! Works for me!! and then I wake up with his gorgeous big smiles!!!! Day times he is awake more and loving playtime but I have to be careful of my coffee intake!! More than one cup and my baby isn't so cute anymore!!

I seem to be on the mend health wise. I have been to a heamatoligist(sp?) about my DVT and I have 2 months of twice daily injections to go. After that I should be ok. The bugger is that I am high risk of developing more DVT's in the future but good news is they are easily managed. Self injecting is a bit gross but a simple matter when I think of my family. And it could be worse!! I have a healthy baby and for that I feel truly blessed.

Well I have caught up on threads now so I will attempt some personals in the next week! lol

Love and Happiness to All
Nat

#22 Janibe

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

Just thought I would pop back and give (for those who are interested) the website of the company that has the wedding dress that I want - please tell me what you think!!!
Wedding Dress
the bridemaids are all choosing their own dresses (only have to all the same colour - Royal Blue)

#23 you can do it

Posted 07 February 2006 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

Just had to say the dress looks great.  I am trying to find a wedding dress as well only mine is in April and I still have a huge amount of weight to loose and have no hope of doing it in time.

Great to hear from you sussan.  I am glad to hear you are doing ok.

Time seems to have gone so quickly since the begining of the year when we were all waiting for our babies to hurry up.  I now want time to slow down so that I can enjoy every min for as long as I can as this is the very last for us.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check on you all again soon.

Jane (janefive5)

#24 Guest_loulou_b_*

Posted 07 February 2006 - 03:43 PM

hi,
hope you can forgive me for not being round for a while. in the end the birth (well actually not the birth, but the days after) was pretty traumatic and i had no idea how unprepared i was!  but feeling a lot better now, having more good days than bad days and i am starting to enjoy being a mum!
ciara is sleeping a bit better also, we are averaging sleeps of about 4 hours.  

has anyone found that particular foods you eat upset your breastfed baby? i have had a craving for chocolaTE lately and got stuck into a block. i noticed yest. and t6oday that she is upset as if she has a pain, but i had chocolate last week also and it didn't seem to be a problem so i don't know.  sorry about typos, i am typing with one hand and rocking basinette with the other!

i loved that wedding dress petrie_h! it is a lovely style, the neckline looks very flattering.

it is so nice seeing all the pictures of the jan. babies, i will put a picture of ciara here as soon as i work out how to do it!  dh is handy with that stuff, i'll have to ask him.

also, can anyone tell me how to get a ticker for ciara?
thanks,
louise xo

#25 kidwrangler

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

That wedding dress is gorgeous! it's bound to be available in other colours too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.