Jan 06 Parents # 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#26 Tildababy

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

Speaking of colds, Grace has had a yucky nose for about a week now and I can highly recommend Little Fess Nose Drops. They come with an aspirator which literally sucks all the muck out of bubs nose. Grace would not have been able to feed if it wasn't for the aspirator...we had tried steam in the shower vicks on cloth near her bed and nothing was helping, now we just put some drops in her nose and use the aspirator morning and night (and in between if need be) and it is working a treat. It is amazing how much mucous we are getting out of such a tiny little bubs nose.

#27 cjpj

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

Hi girls

just thought id say a quick hi and let you know i am still here!  We had a bit of a horrow week   sad.gif  Combo of Lily having a touch of reflux, wind ( fast milk letdown) Colic, AND hitting the 6 week feral stage, was not a good combo for her, or me!   Nearly no sleep, and by yday, i was a mess.  during the week, i rang Tresillian help line for sleep info, to find there was nothing diff i could really do  sad.gif Just hang in there.  

Dh has been helpin with  a few more night re settles, even tho he has to go to work.  Yday, id feed her, then he take her and i kept gong back to bed after each feed. My body kept trembling all the time, and wouldnt stop,  like i was shivering?  DH came in, kept telling to to go to sleep!  We think it was just pure exhaustion.  

TODAY  lily has been a little angel.  She is now on drops for wind, gaviscon for reflux ( made some difference!) and today we bought brauer colic relief.   She really is cute,  but earlier in the week i woulda traded her in for a new model lol
Soo hard cuz she driving me nuts, but i know it was even harder for her.  The other day she was on her daddys knee, sobbing,  looking at him with pleading eyes "make it stop daddy it hurts"  look.  oooh i was a mess!   even daddy was!

Thurs i popped next door for my first baby free outing ( a whole 20 mtrs away  only to get ph call 30mins later, of screamin bub.  DH thought she needed a feed, but as soon as he carried her out the door, she stopped.  I think then he saw how upset she get, and in pain she can seem, out of the blue.

Anyway, hoping we have turned the corner, and it was just a feral few days. Lily has been smiling and laughing, and even happy to lie down on her mat to play again.  HOORAY!

MATERNAL NURSE VISIT HERE  I have seen nurse each week. she said here they like to chekc weight weekly if you are b/f. They do full meausure, check etc at first visit, then 2, 4, 8 weeks, length, reflexs etc.  I think its mainly the first 4 week ones they are concerned aabout,  but she threw in the 5 week one,  asking if i wanted to come. I have one this week (7) but think the nurse is away on the 8week one.   The normal nurse has been away, so when she gets bakc this week, we start mums groups.

Feeling heaps better today,  bit teary when i saw some kids movie, bout girl who lost her mum,   cuz i miss mine,  specially now.  PETA  i remember you mentioning it, when i flicked thur old posts wen i was in hosp having lily, having lost your mum too.  Its hard not having a mum around,  even to ring up.  My mum died a long time, but times like this make me want her even more.  My aunty who came last week, has been very sweet and helpful, as my step mum is  well  no comment lol ( cept to say she is terrified of babies!)

DH is being a trouper,  very supportive and caring.

Ivew met all my new neighbours ( aprat form anoying noisy ones!) They are lovely!  one is having a baby in a few weeks, another has 3 young kids, and one has a bub 6 weeks older than Lily. looks like we will be great support for each other.  Weve been taking tomatoes round to some of them ( great way to say hi) and we are all going to get together and have a group barbie original.gif

Lily is growing, ( well derr i spose!) she has changed so much this week, i cant beleive it, Even people in church noticed the change in one week! Im almost sad!  Her personality is starting to shine thru and she is soooo alert,  with big bright eyes taking everything in. We have some great photos.  I've had trouble putting photos on msn, ( apart form one at a time)  so i will have to enlist DH help, or just post the phot bucket link on msn, as this is work outer and im not game to install extra programs to convert the pics)

well enough of a rave, i d better go get dinner organized

OOHH lily slept at church  whoohoo   thru the wall rocking music,  after she had a feed. She had everyone wanting to kick the pram so she would wake up and need a cuddle from them lol.

Also very happy cuz i am in all my pre preg clothes,  well i was lucky enough to fit into a lot of them after a couple of weeks, and now i can start to tighten my tummy muscles after the doc gave OK at c/s 6 week check up (ohh lily had to have MORE silver nitrate put on her umbilical cord stump!)  
NOw for the first time in ages, i have to make sure i dont lose weight,  I  know i am very lucky.  im sure b/f is helping, aong with walks with lily in the sling to settle her. Ive been wieghed on diff scales last week, so im not sure if iv lost more than my preg wiehgt, or the scales were just kind  tongue.gif

OK  now im really going

Great to read all your news,  evenif i dont get chance to reply much

#28 attersee

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:51 PM

hi ladies
sorry i have been mia. i never thought that sarah would be so time consuming.
everything is going ok, some days better, some days not so glorious. but all in all i cannot complain.

cjpj: you had a rough time. hopefully it will get better soon.

question: sarah grunts a lot during the night. lots and loudly. any idea why she is doing this?

gotta go, she is spitting...
attersee

#29 Jellybean

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

OUCH!!!

I've had a cracked nipple for the past couple of weeks & it's starting to really drive me nuts.. I really enjoy feeding DD but this is hindering on the enjoyment factor now.

I've tried most things.. I rub breast milk into it after feeds, I use Lanisoh cream, I air the nipple, I've changed the position I feed her in but NOTHING works!!  sad.gif

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! I don't want this to ruin b/f for us!

Thanks

#30 JEZ

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

Mel,

Have you tried bepanthen? Sorry not real sure of the spelling. I used it on my sore nipples with DS and DD1. Been pleased so far this time to not have cracked nipples. I just applied it after a feed and wipes it off before I gave them the next feed.

Not sure if it will help you but it helped me. Sounds like you are at the point where you will try anything. Goodluck I hope you find a magic cure.

I am determined to post more regularly however am just on my way to bed at the moment so hopefully in the next few days I will get a chance.

Take care

Kell

#31 EthKait

Posted 12 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

Hi Guys,

Attersee:  Kaitlyn is the same with the grunting and groaning and I don't know why either, perhaps it is a girl thing, DS never did it.  I find she especially does it once we put her down in bed after a feed, it is like she doesn't want to go to sleep by herself and prefers the comfort of sleeping on us, or on the boob.

Jellybean:  You can also try Lucas' Papaw Ointment, you can get it from chemists and it is in a red 75g tub.  You can apply it after feeding and you don't have to take it off before bubba feeds next.  It is also good for boils, burns, chafing, cuts, cracked skin, gravel rash, splinters, open wounds, insect bites and nappy rash.  It was recommended to me and I have found it quite good.

CJPJ:  Sorry to hear Lily has been so unsettled.  I hope she get's better for you and you get more rest.  We are certainly finding out that girls are a whole different kettle of fish to boys.  All in all though Kaitlyn is pretty good and we can't complain too much.

Sorry no more personals tonight, am tired and I am going to try and get some sleep.  She what time Kaitlyn decides to wake me this time.

Hey, do you guys like my new sig?  It took me ages to work out how to do it but I like it.  It is finally a decent pic of Kaitlyn opening her eyes.  Her eyes are getting wider now and she stares bright eyes at us.  She has also offered her first smiles which make our hearts melt, they absolutely light up her whole face. Awwwww.

Luv to all and good night, sweet dreams.

Gayle

#32 G.H.E

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:06 AM

Hi Everyone!

Been reading but not posting, everytime i go to post AJ wakes or something comes up.

So this is just a quicky to say that im still here - enjoying motherhood - and running a business wink.gif

Since my last post - ive had a bout of mastitis (yuck!), kids and dh have been through the flu, AJ has had heat rash...and the list goes on, LOL. But glad to say that things are hopefully on the mend now and were all coping well.

DS has started kindegarten (so cute) and DD in childcare/preschool. So ive been getting a bit of a break during the week with only AJ to look after - and about a million other things to do hehehe.

I wanted to ask you girls if anyone was interested in taking over the list for me. Since opening my online store - ive found it very hard to keep up with a few things, and the list is one of them, so if anyone is interested, please PM me and i will email you the list with all the codes etc. Note though that its not completely up to date. Otherwise, feel free to create a new one for our mums group.

Best be off for now, ill catch up with you all later, oh a huge CONGRATULATIONS to all who have had their little ones since i was on last.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.