http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=196031

#2 Jaynee

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:39 PM

I'm First   Yipppppeee

Hi all just a quickie saying hI and checking in

Janine

#3 ~4LittleDucks~

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:52 PM

Also just popping in to say hi rolleyes.gif...

Hoping we all have a great nites sleep...  smile1.gif

Chow for now.. biggrin.gif

#4 EthKait

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

Hi Guys,

Great to hear that I am not alone and many of you are having the same sorts of problems with settling and crying babies.  We had an absolute shocker today with Kaitlyn absolutely inconsolable all day, she wouldn't sleep, just cat napped really restless all day and cried and squirmed on the boob, fed restlessly all day and seemed constantly hungry only to chuck it up.  She has finally gone to sleep tonight at about 8pm after a restless feed and a bath and it is now midnight and I don't want to wake her for a feed because she needs the sleep.  Does this sound like Colic?  Don't know because DS never had these problems.

Honestly, I know where you girls are coming from when you say it doesn't get any easier when you have more than one child, I can second that and I only have the two.  Mind you, the sleep deprivation is all the worse when you have a toddler getting into everything when you should be having a rest.

KAITLYN IS 4 WEEKS OLD TODAY, OMG!!!

Well, we had a nice Valentines Day dinner at a our favourite local italian restaurant and we were surrounded by all these couples dining at tables and there we were enjoying a romantic dinner with our DS toddler in a high chair and Kaitlyn in her pram.  Ethan was his usual show off self and waved and smiled at all the ladies, captivating them all with his big blue eyes, he was such a good boy.  Kaitlyn just lay there in her pram and didn't go to sleep the whole time we were there, still no-one heard a peep out of her, they were both model children for the night, thank god.  We even had a lovely lady come over to us and comment about how good Ethan was and that she has a boy the same age and told me about her playgroup which I am now considering going to as she was so lovely.

BIG NEWS!  Our long, long, long delayed settlement on our house sale looks like coming to an end shortly.  The guy buying our house looks like he has finally accepted an offer on his house and it cools off on Monday which gives us 6 weeks from then to pack everything in this house up (mammoth task), find a place to rent that will take the dog and meet our needs and move with a toddler and a newborn!!! OMG!!!!  We are looking at moving over Penrith way but would prefer to rent a house on acreage (as we are on acreage now) but realise this might be a big ask.  AHHHH, I wish I knew where we were headed, I hate not knowing.

Jellybean:  Just a thought on the bfing, you can actually hire breast pumps from chemists and hospitals I think rather than buying an expensive one.  This might be an option for you while you have the nipple problems.

Dimples:  What an absolute nightmare the GP appointment was for you, how infuriating!  I find our GP is virtually useless when it comes to babies aswell and I would much rather talk with the CHN's or Tresillian than try and ask him anything.  Can you bring your Paed appointment forward?

Anyway girls, I hope you all find relief for your little ones and I hope we do too.

Luv to all
Gayle

#5 G.H.E

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:48 AM

Hi Girls!!!

Obviously i cant sleep - darn it the insomnia has returned, LOL!!!

Anyways, things are going pretty well here. (Aside from the state of my house - ill get there eventually)

I cant believe  AJ is 7wks old already. Giving us lots and lots of gorgeous gummy smiles now, even trying to make sounds when i talk to him, its so cute.

Ive been getting so emotional knowing that im most likely not going to ever be pregnant again, nor have a little newborn bub to smother with kisses. I mean, im content and happy that we have 3 healthy kids, but you still yearn for another - even though u dont really want one iykwim. Anyone feeling the same?

I have a crack in my nipple and its killing me...ouch!!!
blink.gif It should heal in a few days i hope, it makes feeding from that side excruciating.

Anyways, some questions for whoever has some time to answer:

1. How are you coping with your newborn? As expected - worse than expected or better?

2. What do you do for some 'time-out' when things get hectic in the household?

3. Are you planning on having more children? If yes, how soon will you start trying?

4. What is the most useful baby product/item youve bought so far?

5. What is the least useful baby product/item youve bought so far?

Ok, thats it for now...hope everyone is doing well original.gif Take care!

My answers:

1. How are you coping with your newborn? As expected - worse than expected or better?
For me this time around, better than i expected. With no support except minimal from DH, i thought id go through serious depression, but so far im coping ok. Still get slightly depressed at times, but generally better than i thought i would cope.

I usually put the kids to bed at night and make myself a strong hot cuppa coffee and sit down for a few minutes just thinking. If AJ is unsettled, ill give him a bath (lucky for me he loves baths) and feed him to sleep...that way ill get some peace and quiet afterwards. Plus seeing him so relaxed in the bath, make me feel relaxed and smile original.gif

3. Are you planning on having more children? If yes, how soon will you start trying?
Nope, no planning here. Planning on getting the IUD put in for contraception though - LOL!

Baby cocoon carrier. Life saver!!! Something to carry bub in when going to places, its like having a portable bed for him wherever we go.

Having had 2 other kids already, i didnt really buy anything i knew would be useless...but im sure i will soon.

#6 ~Butterfly~

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:08 AM

Phoenix is 4 weeks today

Where is the time going sad.gif Seems to be going so fast. Off to clinic today to see how he has grown. He was great yesturday Finally got my house clean he slept most of the day. Then the pain started about 4pm was 11.30pm before he was fully asleep slept till 5.30am but last feed was at 8pm last night so he did well original.gif

Doing ok. Tho find it amazing that after 6 kids they are all so different to each other. Still think I need a manual sometimes with him

When things get hectic I just tune out LOL if Cliff is home he will take over for me and I can either jump online or ring my kids grandma. She always seems to settle me down and show me what is important. (like house work can wait)

Said to Cliff the other day. Oh Just one more got a no. But no not having anymore. So a bit sad that Phoenix is growing so fast. Already in size 00  ohmy.gif

Have 2 my Swing (battery opperated) and my vibrating bouncer When Phoenix is in pain we can rotate between these and boobie and over the shoulder.

Clothes that he never wore due to growing so fast sad.gif

#7 S-E-A-L

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:51 AM

Hi All,

I'm coping pretty well! It's alot harder than I thought though, but still managing.

Sleep, It's not too hecktic around here which is great. I don't know how you do it with toddlers as well!!

3. Are you planning on having more children? If yes, how soon will you start trying? Yes, Not sure on the timming yet though! Don't want to scare DP yet

4. What is the most useful baby product/item youve bought so far? Cloth Nappies and wraps, Breast Feeding pillow!

5. What is the least useful baby product/item youve bought so far? Dummies! He doesn't like sad.gif

Hope you all have a good day with your bubbies today original.gif

cya,
Anna

#8 ~Butterfly~

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:44 AM

Hi girls

we just got back from the clinic. OMG Phoenix is now 11 lb 12 and 1/2oz  wacko.gif Not a bad weight gain in 2 weeks LOL. He has only grown 1 cm and head C is now 39cm. So all fat LOL My boobies are definetly working.

#9 Tildababy

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

Hello,

Just popping in quickly to answer the q's.

Better than expected...breastfeeding is going really well, Grace is sleeping 5-8 hours between feeds of a night so I am only getting up once and even though she suffers a bit from reflux she is generally a happy, contented baby.

I have been pretty non-stop the last 5 weeks with trying to get thankyou's out and invitations for Grace's christening so I suppose my cup of coffee time and the odd time I hop on the computer is my time out. Looking forward to starting my garden soon and that will be my time out....I love being out in the garden!!

Yes, DH is quite set on one more bub. After my first pregnancy experience I was happy with 2 instead of 3 and I think I will stick with that. I wouldn't have a third unless DH and I agreed to it. We very much respect each other and our wishes. We are looking at having another bub when Grace is 2 - 2 1/2 years old so that means we have about 12 months + til we look into TTC. We would like Grace to be toilet trained or very close to it....not keen on 2 in nappies plus she will be at an age where she can be a little independant...ie happy to play on the swings or colour in etc or go with daddy or grandpa.

The Grobag egg...it has been such a great guide as to the room temperature and how to dress Grace for bed both during the day and at night.

Good question.....so far everything we have has been useful so I don't think we have anything that falls into this department. We received a lovely present....a 0000 Autumn weight suit that wasn't useful for a bub born in early January. Thankfully we were able to exchange it yesterday and Grace now has a gorgeous deep pink dress for next summer. Grace has now outgrown anything 0000...definately a 000 girl now.

#10 Gagsmissus

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

Hi everybody!!!

wow what a day so far!! I am now baby sitting a friend 6 month old once a week and today is the day!! I am quite pleased with myself as they are both asleep!! ANd I manged tobreastfeed one baby and bottle feed the other at the same time!!  Talk about multi-tasking!! lol

Great questions GHE!!

1. How are you coping with your newborn? As expected - worse than expected or better? I am surprising myself!! I had lots of tears in the early days and I think I was close to PND but with my DH's help I pulled through really well!! I am very blessed with a baby who sleeps and feeds well!

2. What do you do for some 'time-out' when things get hectic in the household? Different things. The other day I went for a doctors appointment on my own and got delayed by a coffee shop and a magazine!! lol.. Other days I jump on the net,read a book or just zone out on some tv either when Mitchy is asleep or when DH gets home from work. Again I am very lucky with my little boy

3. Are you planning on having more children? If yes, how soon will you start trying? We have decided for a variety of reasons, including health issues, that we will stick to only having one child. However, as we use the "vatican roulette" as our contraceptive, if another bubba were to slip through ( so to speak! lol) they would be very much loved and welcomed into our family.

4. What is the most useful baby product/item youve bought so far? Breast Feeding pillow which I bought of EB with a couple of other things as a package deal and it wasn't even sold to me as a breatfeeding pillow but rather as a floor pillow for bubs! Its the best thing ever!!

5. What is the least useful baby product/item youve bought so far?  Well I am getting used to it but I would have shopped around a lot more for prams!! Also my expensive Oi Oi nappy bag I had to have! Bit of a mistake but I'm blaming preggy brain for that!!
wacko.gif

Bye for now!
Love and Happiness
Nat

#11 july

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:22 PM

1. How are you coping with your newborn? As expected - worse  than expected or better?
Better than I expected, he is such a placid baby, compared to when my dd was a baby.  I seem to be able to juggle the two kids okay with the help of dh in the evenings.

2. What do you do for some 'time-out' when things get hectic in the household?  Sit down and watch one of my fav t.v. shows I have recorded.  When dd goes to child care on Friday I have time out with ds.

3. Are you planning on having more children? If yes, how soon will you start trying?  I'm not planning on having anymore children.  Dh definitely wants no more children, I do get a little sad knowing ds will be my last baby.

4. What is the most useful baby product/item youve bought so far? Baby cocoon carrier so verstile and doubles as a bed for ds.

5. What is the least useful baby product/item youve bought so far?  Nothing really.

Have a great day ladies.

Mel.

DD 2.8 years old
Matthew - 6 weeks tommorrow.

#12 Jaynee

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:28 PM

Way better than expected- 2nd child was much easier than the first and i think it is because I know more and am FAR more relaxed and actually enjoying it!!
2. What do you do for some 'time-out' when things get hectic in the household? Time on Eb is good but I am NOT good at finding time for me Dh is excellent at it!!!
3. Are you planning on having more children? If yes, how soon will you start trying? I'm not planning on having anymore children.
4. What is the most useful baby product/item youve bought so far? Baby Bjorn and tandem pram
5. What is the least useful baby product/item youve bought so far? Nothing really. Haven't bought much really as 1st is a boy too!

Back later

Janine

#13 creative_insomniac

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:41 PM

Hi everyone,
Finally, I've found the Parent's Group I kept hearing about  rolleyes.gif

It's so nice to be here, a special hello to Kaitlyn, Matilda's birthday buddy.

I cannot believe she's been in our lives for a month already!  Sometimes when I'm having a quiet breastfeeding session I think about her growing up and get all sad... then she gets all grizzly and I change my mind!  LOL

Just got back from the child health nurse, who called her a littld piggy pudding coz she's put on 600g in two weeks!  She was born at 2.73kg and lost a lot of weight in the first week, we had to be readmitted for dehydration and I was comping with formula etc etc, so this is great news that she's packing on the weight now.

I've been trying a sleep program called "It's time to sleep" which is pretty strict on feed/play/sleep (with the sleep part being you put the baby down in her cot, pat her bottom through up to 15 minutes of crying, and then pick her up for a quick comfort if she's still crying after 15 minutes, and repeat, for up to an hour), but it's harrowing and horrible.  Sometimes it works great as DD has a snacking/not napping routine, but I think at this young age there needs to be some "give".  At least she's not spending all her sleeping hours in our bed anymore, and when she wakes up in her cot she's not terrified as before she was falling asleep in my arms and then being put in the cot.  Last night we tried to do the patting in cot thing and she just did not stop so DP got up and took her into our bed and she slept.. like a baby.. for six hours.

It's so hard to know what to do, you want to do the best for them but every different thing you read tells you to do something different!  Plus given I'd never even held a baby before she was born, major steep learning curve!

In my roudabout way what I'm trying to say is, I'm glad I found this place so I know I'm not the only DummyMummy around!  IYKWIM

Everyone take care,
Irene

#14 Jaynee

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Irene- Don't worry I felt exactly the same as you with my first. It is so confusing what to do and who to follow etc. My only advice is do what YOu are comfortable with not what others tell you you SHOULD do!!!! If you think your baby needs comforting in your arms DO IT!

Come on here and ask advice as alot of people have greta ideas on what to do and you can take what you want without any pressure.

Janine

#15 Gagsmissus

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

Hi Everybody!!

Well I had my first sick baby episode today and it wasn't nice!! My poor little man! He was fine all morning and then about 2pm when he woke from his nap he was screaming his face off!! Really not like him as he isnt really a screamer. He then had 4 projectile vomits in quick succession. It was dreadful. He was hot and pale and screamy and I must admity I panicked!! Sillly mummy I didn't have a clue what to do!!(ridiculous as I have senior first aid certificate and deal with sick peolpe at work but this was different!!) So I rang hubby at work and he came home! Whisked mitchy to the GP and while she couldn't find anything wrong she  said to take him to hospital just in case. Well RNS were fabulous! We saw a pead pretty much straight away and this was even after Mitchy giggled at the triage nurse! Thankfully he is fine! He was his usual bright eyed self by 5pm. Doctor put it doiwn to a slight viral infection. I was so worried! and I had my little baby sitting boy here as well so during the drama I had to ring his mum so she could come and get him.
My mitchy came home and had a huge feed and as been sleeping peacefully ever since ( with his mummy checking him every ten minutes!! amazing I haven't woken him yet!!)
I must say I looked lovely at the hospital in my house clothes and covered in baby spew! lol.. Oh well he's ok so I am happy!!
Well I go to check my baby again....

Sleepy,happy vibes to all

Nat

#16 Janibe

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:47 PM

Great questions Ghada, its good to hear how people are going and what there answers are from time to time.

I think to some extent I'm coping extremely well but then there are days were I want to completely give up. Luckily I have a wonderful baby and I haven't yet experience any horror stories that you hear about.

Go on the computer or have a few minutes shut eye when Jack is sleeping during the day and watch TV with DP at night once Jack has gone to sleep for the night.

Definately!!!DP and I have been planning to have at least three (two boys and a girl) but if we don't get our girl by the third shot then we will try for the fourth. After that if 'she' hasn't happened then we will give up. All depending on health and finances of course. We're going to start TCC for the second around Octoberish 08.

Bassinette attachment for the pram. Jack has slept in when we have gone away for the weekend and out for night times.

Nappy disposal unit, that wraps and makes it all smell nice. Have hardly used it as it was designed for..Must actually load it properly and start using it one day soon

Sorry no time for personals at the moment. Have just had a lovely BBQ dinner with my parents and Jack has finally nodded off after being awake since 2pm. He had a big outing today with Grannie Annie and Grumps to the shops, and got spoilt rotten (few new sets of clothes and a porta-cot - target has the cyclops 3 tier at 50% off this week - and a wiggles window sock for the car)Then he went to visit his Dad at work and got shown off. By the time he got home he just wanted to look at eveyone and everything - had to turn the light off to give him his last feed.

Anyway hope you all enjoy the weekend as best you can.

Peta

#17 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:10 AM

Good morning everyone, amazing what a bit more sleep can do here i am very much awake and have been since 4am. Little Aerith now only wakes once now and that is at 4am Dominic on the other hand is still waking more but even that is settling he only woke twice once at 12.30am and 3.30am which did work out perfect for when Aerith woke. smile1.gif

We are all doing well survived another rental inspection yay. Tell you what i really don't like those. I've told Mark that we have to really start saving big time so we can buy/build our own place. Who else gets all stressed and worried when it comes to rental inspections?

Both the babies are doing really well DOminic now weighed 12lb 6 1/2 on tuesday and Aerith is now 11lb 1 (on tues) They are growing so quickly and getting so active. Dominic is now trying to grab his toys on his rocker very cute to watch as you would know from your own that he still can't quite grab and keep a hold. (for long anyway) He gives me the most beautiful smiles when he sees me and coos and gaas it's so gorgeous he also follows us around the room now and tries to find me if he can hear me talking smile1.gif Aerith she too is doing everything that Dominic is doing but the trying to grab her toys when she talks to me it's so quiet you can hardly hear her very cute. The smiles well she is just cheeky with hers she gives mummy the most beautiful smiles while on the breast and gets milk everywhere. smile1.gif I bought the babies baby mozart which Dominic is not interested in at all but Aerith she watched all of it and wanted more to watch.

Now the questions....

Well i wouldn't call my babies newborns anymore as they are getting so big now but i'm coping alot better than i thought i would. I'm even able to keep my house reasonably tidy most of the time. Wow hey and the washing is up to date most of the time smile1.gif The only thing i haven't done that i wanted to start doing by now is go walking with the babies. I'm so scared that i will get half way where ever i decide to go and both babies will start screaming. Something i will have to get over as i really am getting tired of seeing the belly i have from having these beautiful monkeys. smile1.gif

ummm time out gee what is that i have the babies always with me. The only time out i would say i would get is when they are sleeping and then i tend to go to bed. I do get out of the house for coffee and a chat with friends but always with the babies.

no way no more for me smile1.gif

um i would say the rockers they have been a godsent when one bub is unsettled and trying to feed the other baby.

Can't say there has been anything that i would call not useful i tend to use everything i bought.

Oh before i go i was wondering if anyone has heard from Mrs K and how she went with the birth of her twins....

Take care everyone i have a little one awake again (dominic wanting a feed)

#18 ~4LittleDucks~

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:33 AM

rolleyes.gif OUR COOPER IS 5 WEEKS TODAY... rolleyes.gif

Well i am one happy mummy this morning.Cooper was feed at 930ish last nite and slept right thru till 5.40am,what a little champ!!!.When he woke  he was very hungry,so changed and feed him and he could only manage 10 mins on one side and was straight back to sleep where he still is now.I should of jumped back into bed,but honestly i cant sleep,i think my body in shock cause i got 8 hours unbroken sleep,lol.I can't remember getting that amount of sleep since before being preg.. biggrin.gif.So now im off to have a nice uninterupted shower,put a treatment in my hair and shave my legs etc..

Pretty well,but then we have our days where i could just scream...Having 3 kids definatly keeps me on my toes...

I quickly have a quick read of eb,or maybe watch some tv in the nite..

Put it this way,Dh was all ready to get the old SNIPPO,but we want to wait as that is abit permanent for us atm...Dh would start trying now,if he had his way.I highly doubt another one ,but u never know..

I would say our valco bassinette attachement also.Cooper loves it and sleeps really well in it where ever we go.And my Bubba-moe baby carrier,it is a godsend for school drop offs and pick-ups..

Being bub number 3,we havn't bought anything useless this time round...

I have a quick Question?

How long  does your bubby stay awake between feeds?
The reason i ask is,Cooper eats and sleeps thru the day with little awake times for some cuddles and a play.But his  feed at bout 5pm  in the afternoon he has decided that he stays awake until his next feed at around 8-9pm...Now when i mentioned this to the nurse on Monday she was like omg he should only be up 1.5 hours max,etc etc.I stopped listening to there opionions with Rhys.We have always done what suits us and our babies.I was just wondering out of interest,what sorts of routines your bubbas are all doing?

Well thats one super long post for me.Am feeling tired now might jump back into bed after all..Shower can wait. tongue.gif

Have a great weekend everyone..

Bye for now biggrin.gif

#19 Guest_mel1973_*

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

Just showing off my little ones again i hope you enjoy these pic's

#20 ~4LittleDucks~

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:52 AM

biggrin.gif Very cute mel....

Wish i could work out how to post some pics of my baby boy wacko.gif lol.I'm clueless...

#21 AllyxMoore

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:18 AM

Hi all

I need some help.
My name is Cathy and my BG is Allyx 6wks & 6days.

Allyx is not sleeping and im not sure what to do. She is eating ok but when put down only sleeps for a couple of hours at the most when before she was sleeping at least 4-5 hours. It seems like she doesnt like being on her back in the cot but will fall asleep when being held only to wake when put down.

Any help would be great.

#22 AllyxMoore

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:11 AM

Thanks Luchresa

Just a nothe question how do you know if your baby has colic or reflux or is constipated?

I know if they have hard poos then it might be constipation is this right?

Also how do you add your baby photos?

#23 ~Cleopatra~

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

1. How are you coping with your newborn? As expected - worse than expected or better? Fine, its the toddler "factor" doing my head in.

2. What do you do for some 'time-out' when things get hectic in the household? very funny lol. if babe is asleep come on here, get housework done, play with toddler. Have a bath while DH looks after bub at night.

3. Are you planning on having more children? If yes, how soon will you start trying? yes, 1 more ttc jan 2008

4. What is the most useful baby product/item youve bought so far? hmm probably the harness this time

5. What is the least useful baby product/item you've bought so far? can't think of anything

#24 2littlekiddies

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

Hi everyone!! Tahlia has started being awake more during the day so I have a little trouble getting on here...she is very cheeky.

We had our first dinner party out since Tahlia's birth and she was perfect...she slept the whole time we were there in another room and hardly stirred.  Then slept the whole way home and didn't wake up till 3am.  She ended up sleeping from 7pm till 3am.  And the 2 previous nights she slept from 8pm till 2am.  I feel so refreshed.  But then I don't get to do much during the day as she is soooo awake during the day.  

Not complaining though cause she is being such a good baby.  She is growing really well and I am looking at having to move her into the cot as she is just about too big for her bassinette now.  Very sad.....she is such a little budda!!

#25 S-E-A-L

Posted 18 February 2006 - 05:09 PM

Hi All,

How long does your bubby stay awake between feeds?Good question i was wondering the same thing as sometimes he can be up for quite a while and i'm not sure if I should spend all my time trying to get him go back to sleep or let him stay up.
Eddie is sometimes stays awake till his next feed (3hrs) and sometimes falls straight back asleep, He's  not usually awake for long before feeding as he wakes up hungry!!
Normally during the day he goes straight back to sleep then at his evening feed he stays awake till the next one (then sometimes longer)
The other day he was up from 5pm till 11pm!!! that was hard work and I ended up taking him to bed with me, he was waaaay over tired.

I've got him in his sling for the first time right now... It's a BabaSling.. snoring away original.gif
Going to a wedding tomorrow so I hope he'll sleep in it! It's quite comfy!

Hey, I'm off to sydney at the end of next week to visit my SIL, what day was your Sydney meet? as I'll be staying not far from Parramatta..

Allyx & amy: To post photos you need to sign up to a photo site like PhotoBucket and load your photos on there, then use the insert image button when posting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.