PERFECT homebirth!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 magenta

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:20 AM

Well,
It finally happened!
After months of waiting and 2 false labors and alot of deliberating, Angelina was finally born on the 17feb2006.
Apart from being beautiful and a little angel,she embodies everything we wanted and wished for in our homebirth.
So let me tell you her birth story!
DH and I were 'intimate'  tongue.gif at around 4pm on the 16th(the date that DH predictcted would be arrival date!)
and then we took DS for a nice slow long walk to the shopping centre to do grocerie shopping.
Unfortunatley it started storming as soon as we arrived, so i made a mad taxi-dash home to save DS's gineau pigs from being in the rain.
Aftersaving 'Batpig' and 'Spiggy', i had a bit of a walk around and decided to make sort of a shrine for the baby above the fireplace in our house.(NB:incl a postive affirmation for patience!! hehe!)i was having regular contractions all the while,not painfull, but after 2 false labors i wasnt about to get excited in a hurry!!!
By 8pm,i was still hving contractions and what can only be described as (sorry!) fanny burn. We had dinner,put DS to bed and sat around the loungeroom with my sister timing.
at about 10pm sister went to bed and we called the midwife.
She reccomended we go to sleep and maybe i would be 'woken up' at around 2pm if this was it.
So of we went.
sure enough at 1.30am i felt i needed to get up,made DH a cuppa, woke him up and we started timing again.
The contractions were about 5mins apart, so at 2am we called our midwife again and she said 'ok-give me 1hr and ill be there'.
at this stage i wasnt in pain,but concentrating!
midwife arrived to find me and DH doing a puzzle.
so we all sat around for a bit,talking, all while the contractions were getting stronger and stronger.
my sister woke up at about 3am to find me doubled over DS's spiderman beanbag.
OUr midwife suggested that i get on the toilet to speed things up. i really didnt want to as it REALLY hurt when i sat down there! but i went and oh my god. i mustve hit transistion here.
i vomited,moaned,DH rubbed my back hard.
i got in the shower, then shakily got out.
when i got out thingswere in a real flurry, DH and midwife were laying plastic sheets and towels etc.
i ended up sitting on DS's bathroom stool with DH sitiing bhind me  rubbing my back.
I was starting to feel better midcontraction if i pushed so i started trying.(DS woke up here,and took a place on my sisters lap-LAUGHING! apparently saying 'mummy sounds like a donkey!!!' needless to say-i cant remember that!!!)
suddenly ipushed real hard and gush! the waters flooded everywhere(luckily midwife was well prepared!!)
then i had another contraction and her head wasout.then another immediatley after and her body was out!
the midwife helped her out and put her on the floor just below me, i was having such an intense time recovering, she had to say 'pick it up!!
rolleyes.gif
so i did and she was AMAZING!
eyes staring around, no crying.
we actually said to midwife 'shouldnt she be crying-is she ok?'
she went pink,midwife said 'well-what ahve you got?'
then i remembered! with DS we had found out he was a boy before hand.
but we wanted a girl sooo babdly,we didnt want to know this time!
so i had a look and she was a girl.wow.everyone was crying,DS was smiling and giggling,DH was crying and we were all saying over and over 'shes so perfect! we did it!!'
midwife waited for the cord to stop,clamped it and DH cut it.
DH and DS and sister had a first hold,while i was helped to have a shower, and put in bed with a cuppa and some toast!
midwife weighed Angie on the bed, and THEN cleaned up the house!!! wow.imean everything!!!
so there you have it.
DH and i werent sure about homebirth.i really felt that it was right for this child.
Now we BOTH unconditionally recomend it.
I had a colposcopy and loop diathermy done on my cervix JUST before i fell pregnant and was told not to hope for a natural delivery.
Please listen to yourself and a good, qualified midwife if your even thinking about it!

#2 Doppelgänger

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:55 AM

Thanks so much for sharing that truely positive story original.gif
Sounds like you had a wonderful birth.
Congratulations on your beauitful baby girl original.gif
-Tina

#3 cesca

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:52 PM

Wow! What a great story!  It sounds amazingly like my 2nd birth... and what's the story with the 2am thing?  Mine started then too!

Congratulations! B)

#4 ~kylie~

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story, it was wonderful to read. original.gif

#5 JicyJac

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:01 AM

Congratulations on a wonderful birth.  Well done to you and your family for all your hard work.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Jac

#6 smoe

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:30 PM

When you said

THEN cleaned up the house!!! wow.i mean everything!!!

Did you mean the midwife did the housework??

LOL, I wish I had Amara at home !!

Amara's labour and birth was a total of 13 mins, she would have been a perfect homebirth, and I would have gotten my house cleaned !!!

#7 midwife2be

Posted 04 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

What an absolutely wonderful story. I'm finishing my final 12 gruelling weeks to become an RN and really need all the encouragement I can get to go back to full time uni and do midi. I think all this work will be worth it if I can be the midiwfe in stories like yours. I'll even do housework if it means I get to keep the rest of the scenario -uncomplicated birth at home, family present- aaah. Lovely.

Michelle

#8 Midwitch

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

How wonderful. CONGRATULATIONS!  I am so happy for you.

#9 Shebee

Posted 11 March 2006 - 01:58 PM

Magenta, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Well done! Congratulations! What a legend you are! Welcome to Angelina, what a gorgeous name!
I am SOOOOOOOOOO pleased for you all!

Well, I STILL have not got around to writing our homebirth story! I think with DS it was such good therapy for me, which I needed. But this time everything has been "just right" and have not felt the "need" to do it. But I will, because I want to... eventually  biggrin.gif !

Again, warmest wishes and congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.