Feb 06 Parents # 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#26 sarzy

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:18 PM

Hi girls;
Things are still going pretty well. Max was quite unsettled for most of this afternoon but I'm pretty sure he was windy as eventually he did a massive belch with a follow-up vomit and was happy again!

Will take him to be weighed tomorrow if I can organise getting all 3 kids to the chemist. I think he's doing OK but he does tend to sick-up after every feed so want to make sure he's getting enough.

On feeding, I'm rarely getting the 'engorged' feeling any more which has me panicking a bit that I've not got a good supply but I seem to remember that settling down with the other 2 also.

OK I am a little tired so going to make the most of all kids being down to catch some sleep.

Hope all babies are lovely and settled tonight, Sarzy x

#27 Morts!

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

Jess - Thanks for the info on feeding while lying down. I was wondering how to do it. I'll have to give it a try for our early morning feed - although I'd probably find it hard not to fall asleep myself if I was lying down, I struggle to stay awake sometimes.

Sarzy - I wish my engorgement would settle like yours has. I still get very engorged if Laura goes more than 4 hours between feeds. Poor thing can't attach properly then because my boobs are so hard.

Tammie
- I hope your neck and back gets better soon. There's nothing worse than a bad headache.

#28 sarzy

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:24 AM

Tam - just wanted to say hope yr head feels much better today. So handy to have yr parents close.

Morts - I actually often fall asleep while feeding Max lying down esp late at night. only trouble is sometimes get milk leaking on the sheets. I love him lying cuddled up to me and like Jess said he will snuffle around until he finds the nipple and then attach. couldn't have done this in the first few days but easy now,

Catherine - Amelia is a little doll literally. I think she will also be a stunner when she grows up. One of my good friends has a Dutch mum and Chinese dad and is gorgeous!

Jen - haven't Target got some cute things in. Sadly I don't needany clothes as DS1 was born in March only 2 yrs ago so have plenty of hand-me-downs!

OK M is cranky. bbl S x

#29 Delbo

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:58 AM

Tam - you poor thing.  It is hard to look after kids when you feel terrible yourself.  Glad your parents are near to help out.  Take care and I hope you are feeling better today.

Catherine - Amelia is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Morts - I fall asleep feeding too and jolt awake with a fright.  I feed in a darkened room at night which doesn't help to keep me awake.

Well 2 bits of good news.  First my bleeding has stopped.  Yay!!!  Second we got out $3200 maternity payment yesterday.  Only a week after we lodged the forms.  Going straight off school fees though but every little bit helps!

Had an OK night last night.  Emma was unsettled til midnight but after that fed at 3am and again at 6.30am.  Both I was able to feed and put her straight back again.  She only had one boob for both of those feeds so i think my supply is good at the mo.  Funny coz my boobs are all squishy.  They don't get engorged between feeds.  Maybe coz it is my 3rd time breastfeeding they might have settled down quicker.  I think you are the same Sarzy??

Anhoo off to feed Emma.  Then i have to do teh invites for Jacob's 5th Birthday Party.  We are inviting the boys from his class plus some friends and cousins.  Alll that comes to 20 kids.  Last year we invited his whole kinder class plus some extras and ended up with 30 kids.  Not doing that again with a newborn.  Luckily we live next door to a park so we will have it over there and play some games.  My DH is great with that sort of stuff.  He dresses up as spiderman for kids birthday parties.  Looks HILARIOUS in his costume.  I should take a photo and post a pic of him.  At Christmas he was Santa for some parties too.  Such a laugh!!!  He doesn't mind making a d*ck of himself.

Ok will BBL,

Georgina  x

#30 sarzy

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

Hi again,
NEVER EVER AGAIN TAKING 3 KIDS TO WAIT IN LINE FOR CHILD HEALTH NURSE AT PHARMACY WITH PROMINENT DISPLAY OF SPARKLY THINGS AND COLOURFUL CONFECTIONERY!! wacko.gif

Anyway am back from seeing the lovely CHN who unfortunately is very popular and we were waiting 1 3/4 hrs (nearly as long as we wait for my ob!!). Good news little Max has wonderful skin tone and is now a whopping 10lb 8oz so he has put on 1lb 3.5 oz in 12 days! Obviously I am producing full cream milk!!

The older kids have been up since 5 and flaked in the car on the way home so am going to try and have a little me time. Am dreading tonight as DH has a work thing and I will have to put all 3 down on my own. ohmy.gif  

jen and George - I only had some engorgement for the first 3 to 4 days and now the boobs are firmish but not hard if its been a while b'n feeds and squishy afterwards! George - please post a photo of your DH as spiderman - how gorgeous that he would dress up for you all!

Bel - Bree is a cutie; she makes Max look like the incredible hulk!! Have you started counting points yet??
Bye, Sarzy xx

#31 LiLMinx

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:04 PM

Looking for some help here ladies...

What is your routine thru out the night?
Basically I feed on the sofa her last feed and then she goes in the bassinet (fingers crossed) when she wakes again I bring her to bed with me and then do all the following feeds there.  However tonite I would like to try not having her in bed with me but am unsure how to go about it.

Do you all sit in the bedroom in a chair and feed till the baby falls asleep and then put them down?

I don't have a very good settler and certainly not one that settles after a feed, but I just have to try something different as she constantly uses my boobies as dummies during the night.

Dena

#32 JessieW

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:35 PM

Hi Dena,

I must admit I chop and change my night time routine a bit depending on my back (I've got arthritis) but, Frances sleeps in her bassinet right next to my bed, when she stirs I either:

Pick her up and feed sitting up in bed with lots of pillows behind me (pros are I don't have to get up and walk which 'wakes' me up more) and she can have a little nap during the feed.

Feed her while sitting on the side of the bed - not good for the back

Feed her in the Ikea chair in the bedroom, this doesn't work well as Frances often needs the 10 minute sleep to let the oxytocin go through her system before she 'wakes up' enough to finish off. When I'm in the chair I often don't have the patience for this and put her back in her bed, then of course, she wakes up 10 mins later!

These options mean that when I put her in her bassinet, if she's unsettled, I can sit on the side of the bed and pat her back. She responds very well to this.

Sometimes I feed her lying down in bed, I often fall asleep myself - just a light sleep, the problem with this is I don't sleep very well as I'm too concious of her body. It works for me to do this only if she is really unsettled.

Great news on Max Sarzy!

Bbel - Bree looks very delicious - and those bow legs! Frances has the same

Catherine - i was looking forward to watching The Biggest Loser - Frances had other plans!

J XX

#33 JessieW

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:04 PM

Heres a cute pic for the day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.