EB's Lost Babies.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa4444

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:32 PM

Edited:08/09/08

EB is just updating pinned threads. This one is staying, but I thought I'd just put this on top.

Obviously, the balloon day has long passed, but this thread is now a record for all of us who want to talk about/have remembered our babies.

Thank You for your continued support of this thread, and for allowing us the privelege of learning about your little ones.

Melissa

Hello everyone.  I've had this idea in my head all day, and I'm not sure how it's going to go down.  I read Sue's thread (She nanny) about making this balloon release for all of our lost babies, including precious Colter, and thought the sentiment lovely.

There are so many EBers who have lost children.  And everyone of them was loved, and deserves to be recognised.  I know that we have all felt such a connection to Colter, and to Katrina.  Colter's threads were in here, a high traffic area, so most of us were able to get to 'know' him.  

But most of the losses on EB, are talked about in BBE or in Loss of a child or loved one, Or Stillbirth/Miscarriage. And these areas don't get nearly as much traffic. So many of the babies lost are not as well known as he was.  And they are just as missed as he will be.

So.  This is my idea.  This thread is for anyone who has lost a baby.  If we are going to have a special balloon release (or whatever we end up doing) for lost babies, lets do it right.  

If you've lost your baby, and would like them to be remembered on this special day, list them here.  Put in your baby's details.  A little about their story, if you want.  Then any of us can read it, and get to know your precious babies.  Then, when we are releasing those balloons, or blowing those bubbles, we'll have your babies in our hearts too.

So..a very special roll call.  What do you think?

Edited by Melissa4444, 08 September 2008 - 04:37 PM.

#2 ~Sweet~Like~Chocolate~

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:47 PM

Thankyou so much for this Mel!

Our precious little man Jackson was born at 25 weeks gestation. He fought for us as long as he could until he finally let go 8 weeks & 1 day later. We too had a heartbreaking decision to make, but ultimately he made it for us. His story is in the link below too.

Sonia

#3 MummaSgettie

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

Thank you Melissa.

We lost Lilliana Marie at 14 weeks in 2000. The Dr's weren't able to give us any sort of explanation as to why she grew her wings so early but I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I don't usually talk about Lilliana as it still hurts so much but threads like this and people like Melissa do help.

I hope all of our angels are playing together and looking after eachother.

#4 SamnangMeh

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

Alexa Nadia was stillborn at 20 weeks, no real explanation except that doctor's refused to listen to my symptoms or intuition for a whole month before I gave birth.

#5 Melissa4444

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:02 PM

I'm so sorry for all of your losses.  

#6 MagentaBaby

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:26 PM

Hey thanks, Melissa. Very special thoughts to everyone who has to post here.

Our first baby, Ellanor, was born @ 29w6d in 2004. After two weeks getting stronger and bigger and impressing everyone, it was suddenly discovered she had a congenital heart defect. The decision was made to operate once she got to 2.2kg (a very dicy op that wasn't given much hope of working on a baby that small). She made it to 2kg, caught a gastric virus and passed away very quickly a few hours later - her heart complication meant her body couldn't fight the infection.

We include her in our conversations all the time, think of her often and hope that she can be remembered too on this special day along with all the other precious angels who have left their marks on our hearts.

#7 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:30 PM

My best friend, Lauren (Vyctryx - due in March group) had a beautiful little boy, Luke Edmund, in January, who was only with us for 18 hours.  He had a blockage below his kidneys, so they did not develop properly.  He was not able to produce urine, and so there was no amniotic fluid.  As such his lungs did not develop.

I would send her in the direction of this thread, but it is her birthday today, and after the year that they have had, and knowing that she does not spend much time on EB at the moment, I thought I would just post on her behalf.

#8 MummaSgettie

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:45 PM

Sue, the loss of a baby should never be considered insignificant. We lose a piece of oursleves with them.

I am sorry for your loss.

#9 jackiw

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:48 PM

What a lovely idea.  Time has passed a little for me but I still miss and remember my boys.  Not many others do so this is wonderful.

Aiden Thomas and Luke Christopher were still born at 23 weeks on 18 January, 2002 as a result of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome.

Very missed and still very loved.

#10 Melissa4444

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

I don't think it's insignificant at all, Sue.  That's why I didn't say anything about what stage our babies were lost. THis thread is for ALL who are missing their babies right now.

#11 mummyangel

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:51 PM

Thanks Melissa,

I also send thoughts to everyone who sadly has to post here.

Lachlan was born @ 38 weeks Dec 19th 2004 in Adelaide, Rushed by NETS to Melb 24 hrs after he was born for open heart surgery. He had a rare heart condition 1 in 200,000 which can't be picked up in utero.

He initially survived 2 enormous marathon open heart surgeries but sadly at 25 days we had to let him be free to fly with all the other Angels as he was never going to be able to breathe on his own. Doesn't seem possible as he was perfectly fine in every other way, sucking a dummy, tracking us with his eyes & squeezing our fingers with his tiny hands. - The pic with the dummy in my sig was the day he died 12th Jan 2005 sad.gif

Lachie is a huge part of our lives, our 3rd born son & brother & not a day goes past where he isn't spoken of or part of his journey remember by the 4 of us.

I would love for Lachie to be remembered with all the other EB babies.

We love & miss you Lachie Dan

Edited by mummyangel, 20 May 2006 - 02:55 PM.

#12 Meagan

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

Melissa, thank you so much.  The loss of Colter has realy hit me hard today.

Our third child, Jessica, passed away at 31 weeks.  She was born sleeping in the early hours of the morning on Australia day this year.  Dispite all the tests they did on myself & her, we don't know why she had to go.

#13 *trinity*

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

What a lovely idea Melissa.

It is a very special way to remember all the precious little angels here on EB.
I had a missed mc in July 03. I almost feel guilty posting here, I feel like Sue with this..but there is not a day gone by that I don't think of my special little baby that isn't here with me today.

Edited by *trinity*, 20 May 2006 - 02:58 PM.

#14 MrsO

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:04 PM

Oh girls, I will think of each of your precious children today. I will think of the ones who spent moments with their parents as well as the many beautiful angel's who could only cuddle you from inside.  

I have not lost any children myself, but I just wanted to let you all know that I will definately read your stories and think about your babies today.  I cannot begin to imagine the pain you must feel, especially on day's like today when you hear of another mummy losing her precious child.  It must bring it all back for you.  I am sorry for that - but please, know this - I am definately thinking of you today and those precious bundles.  

Thank you for sharing your stories. Butterfly kisses and cuddles

#15 Mariamsmum

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:05 PM

Thank you so much Melissa for this opportunity...I am in tears reading about our special angels, I am so sorry and touched by everyone's stories...

Our firstborn baby, Mariam was stillborn at 21 weeks on the 29th October 2005. We found out that she was sick at our 20 week scan and then nine heart-breaking days later her little heart stopped beating and our world fell apart.

Our baby girl Mariam, you will forever live on in our heart and not a single day doesn't pass when we don't think about and miss you...

Thank you for remembering her, along with all the other angels, on this special day...

Edited by Mariamsmum, 20 May 2006 - 04:06 PM.

#16 Toucan

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

Remembering also,

Tarnia M
Ethan
Antonia
Lachlan
Kate
Kalen
Monique
Liviane
and My Tarnia, stillborn at 39wks, cause unknown.  All many of  the baby angels that have touched my heart on EB.  Angel kisses up to them all today and their Mums.  Colter is with many playmates right now.

#17 Renoir

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:03 PM

In memory of the little one who couldn't grow on inside of me.

Missing you since September 2004.

#18 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

What a lovely thought to include all these precious angels of ours ...

We have lost four over the years, one at nearly 16w gestation (Gabriel) in March 1997 and our other three each at around 6w gestation (in December 2002, September 2005 and Feb 2006). All are very much sorely missed. We thank God every day that we have our DS with us and just today found out that we are expecting again.

Edited by ckrmum, 20 May 2006 - 04:20 PM.

#19 justanothermember

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:13 PM

we lost our baby in the early weeks of our first pregnancy. Although i don't think i can compare the pain to what Katrina and many other mums have been through, i know he will be in our hearts for ever..

luv you 'littlebub' xx

Thinking of you all who have lost a baby.

#20 Philly Âû

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

What a wonderful thought Melissa.

There are so many of us sadly sad.gif

I would like to add my little one who I lost last November at 9 weeks gestation who would have been due next month on the 12th sad.gif

Hearing of Katrina's story and her sadness has brought some of that pain back again. I can sort of in a small way understand her heart wrenching sadness and pain...

To all the EB angels out there...we are thinking of you all and know you are shining on us from up above.

Edited by ~*Phillippa*~, 20 May 2006 - 04:17 PM.

#21 3littlepumpkins

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:24 PM

this is a lovely idea melissa

i have 2 angels to miscarriage Jamie-Lee and Charlie

we send them ballons once a year and it makes me feel so what better so doing a ballon/bubble one for all the lost EB babies is a huge and wonderful idea

#22 subamum

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

My daughter went to heaven 25/11/03 'Angel'

My heart still breaks for her daily, my precious baby girl, taken from me much too soon.

My MIL attacked me when she found out I was pregnant causing me to loose the baby that night, hubby and I had been engaged 2.5 yrs and were due to wed December 13th that year, the wedding went ahead but I felt so empty, less than 3 weeks after loosing my daughter, and with MIL sitting right there in the church, front row. We will never forgive her.

RIP Angel.

#23 Freckles

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:39 PM

I have two angels, taken too soon.

'Little One' lost to m/c at 11 weeks, 9/7/05

and

our 'Lost Hope' lost to ectopic pg at 6 weeks 27/1/06

I miss you every day, my babies who I will never hold in my arms.

Rest in peace.

#24 enzanite

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

my prayers with everyone who has been touched by an angel.. Colter touched many lives as has many stories in the loss forum... I dont post alot but my thoughts are always with others!

My angel should have been celebrating his 11th birthday next sunday...  no known cause of death.. he was born sleeping full term!

Trish

Edited by studying_mum, 20 May 2006 - 04:54 PM.

#25 ~vangie~

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

I would like to add my big brother on behalf of my family.
Taken from us 33yrs ago at 22mths due to a drowning accident and never forgotten.He lives on in me and my siblings and our children.
I know he wasn't an EB baby but hearing people's tragedies brings back the pain my parents have lived with - and as my mum says "It does't get any easier ,you just learn to live with a piece of you missing"..

To all you mum's, dad's grandparents,siblings,aunties and uncles who have lost a child , remember you are not alone and people love you....Angels always live on in our heartsxxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.