EB's Lost Babies.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

#26 Melissa4444

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:00 PM

Oh, Angeliqua,

You've made me cry! That is beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss.

#27 MummaSgettie

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

Breathtaking Angeliqua, I wish the best of luck TTC and I am sorry the road is sometimes so hard.

#28 MrsO

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

Boo - my beloved niece/nephew who died just a few months ago at 14wks gestation (Trisomy complications).  Boo, your mummy misses you so much and she would love for you to send your little brother or sister to heal her pain.  Charlotte was so excited at the prospect of meeting you. She can't wait to play with you in the clouds.  

To my own brother and sister - Garry and Annette.  Every single day I miss you and think of you.  I can't wait to meet you when I finally enter the pearly gates.  They were both 6 week premmie's - Garry surviving 6 days and Annette 1 day.  I was too young to know them.

#29 Philly Âû

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:07 PM

Angeliqua that poem is so beautiful and so very true.

I feel it every day.

#30 *Jess*

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:16 PM

Thanks so much Melissa,

We lost our perfect baby girl Ava just 6 weeks ago she was born sleeping at just over 36weeks. We went back to the hospital on Thursday hoping to know  what happened to our little girl and we were told she was perfect, her organs were perfect but i have a blood clotting disorder known as Factor v leiden and may have had a clot on my placenta. From some of the stories i've read on eb about others with this i thank god we were blessed with our little boy almost 3 years ago. Little Ava bought so much love and strength into our family and i can only hope she is somewhere watching us knowing how proud i am of her that without taking a single breath she bought me the most beautiful gifts and for that i will be forever thankful to her. I miss her so much but as each day passes my tears turn to happy memories of the little time we got to spend with our perfect princess.

Thankyou again and take care

Jess
xoxo

#31 Fire and Ice

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

To all you amazing mothers of angel babies I am reading your stories and thinking of you and your precious babes. I am so sorry for your losses. Love to you all.

Wonderful idea Melissa.

(To my little one who should have been here in March 2006, but did not make it past seven weeks gestation, I think of you often and know you are being taken care of by your beautiful angel Nana).

#32 Nikki~Noo

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:41 PM

Oliver Elias...

Oliver was born on March 29th 2006 at 39wks by c/s and passed away 4 short hours later.

We were told at 19wks that there as a lower urinary tract obstruction, which was not allowing the amniotic fluid to pass through his body.  He didn't have any fluid around him from about 16 weeks, and therefore his kidneys were damaged, and lungs were very underdeveloped.

We only had four precious hours together with Oliver.  We watched him struggle to breath but he seemed so peaceful while he was with us.

I miss him so much, but I have so many precious memories of him living safely within me.

Edited by habbibie, 20 May 2006 - 06:44 PM.

#33 *ACE*

Posted 20 May 2006 - 06:57 PM

I'm extremely blessed that I haven't lost a baby but there are a number of EB angels out there that have impacted my life.  I hope nobody minds if I add their angels (the ones that I don't believe have been mentioned so far):

Laci,

Monty,

KAA's (I'm not sure she is here anymore) children,

the babies lost to anacephaly, and

Rachel.

There are others that stand out to me but I believe they have already been mentioned.

#34 georgiagirl

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

What a beautiful thought.. thank you.

We lost a son Alexander Julian at 21 months due to an extremely rare congenital heart disorder.  He had 3 massive holes in the heart and only 3 chambers.  He was finally diagnosed at 18 months and died 3 months later due to doctor error in not diagnosing pneumonia.  He went into cardiac arrest in his sleep at home in October 2001.

We have also lost 3 unborn angel babies.  2 due to miscarriage (one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks) and one due to a ruptured ectopic (9 1/2 weeks).

Not a day goes by that I don't think of all of them.  Colter's story does bring it all back up to the surface.  It comes back up whenever I hear of any child passing.  Losing a child has got to be the worst thing imaginable.

hugs to all those other mummies and daddies out ther who have lost little ones.

RIP my angels

Edited by georgiagirl, 20 May 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#35 Melissa4444

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:48 PM

Oh, ang, I'm so, so sorry.  I hope all is ok, and this is just a little bump in the road. But if not, and you really are losing your little one, please take care, and know you're being thought of.  PM if you want to talk, when you're ready.

#36 BugMama

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:49 PM

Katrina, my heart goes out to yourself and all your family and remember, we are always here for support.

To all the families that have also lost babies/young family members, my thoughts are also always with you.

Melissa, this is a very thoughtful and beautiful idea.

I would like to add my beautiful daughter Chealsea Tahlia. Became an angel November 18th 2002, aged 5 months old due to SIDS. Not a day goes by that I don't remember my beautiful little baby girl. Chealsea would have been a big 4 year old on June 21st. Chealsea was a little sister to Brianna Rose (5) and would have been a big sister to Taleisha Jayde (almost 11 months).

Here is a poem that is a family thing for me but, IMO appropriate for this thread.

FOOTPRINTS

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set  of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you. you'd walk with me all the way. But, I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you the most you would leave me."

The LORD replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

Bless all the beautiful little angels in heaven that will never be gone from our hearts! Sleep well angels.

Edited by mummy2bct, 20 May 2006 - 07:53 PM.

#37 Yakkers

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

Melissa what a lovely idea.  I give thoughts to all of you who have suffered loss.

We lost our beautiful baby girl Georgia Kate born on 27th May 2003 and passed on 3rd June 2003.  She was diagnosed inutero with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and despite the prognosis I continued with the pregnancy.  I got to meet, touch, smell and hold my baby girl for seven days until she went to essential corrective surgery and did not survive.  Not a day goes by when I don't think of her but you know what I know she is around because when I am feeling particularly down or crying a special song will come on teh radio or the most common someone near me will say the words Georgia or teh most freaky.  I was feeling sad and I was shopping with my mother and a lady on a checkout said oh so and so had a baby girl this morning and called her Georgia Kate.  I put my arms around myself and thought yip she is here!

#38 SeeingPink

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:08 PM

Such a lovely idea Melissa original.gif

I would like to add my 3 Angels. I had two miscarriages (16wks and 5.5wks) before we had our beautiful daughter, then two months ago I had a Molar pregnancy at 16wks.

Also, for those that don't know I've created a webpage for our EB Angels special days. (The site is; HERE). If you would like your details on there please reply in this thread; HERE

Luv,
Manda

#39 Toucan

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:14 PM

Yakkers that is beautiful.  

I've had similar moments myself, where you just KNOW they are there.  You can feel it inside.   I made a CD the other week of songs for Tarnia.  One of them (of course!) is Tears in Heaven.  I was in car listening to CD, crying! But good crying, this song was on.  Well, pulled up to a stop, turned CD off and on the radio was Tears in Heaven too.  I know, a coincidence, but to me that feeling was there, she was there.  xx

The poems are just beautiful and have bought tears to my eyes again.   I just can't keep away from EB today, I need to be around here today.  xx

#40 Melissa4444

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:16 PM

Thank You Lucky Mama (assuming it was you original.gif )for pinning this.

#41 jackiw

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

Hi Sam (Toucan)

I so know exactly what you mean and had a very similar thing happen with Tears in Heaven, of course played at the boys funeral!!  Mia was asking if she could take that cd to school for "show and tell" of all things as she wanted to talk about her brothers, I said ok and as we got in the car to head to school it was on the radio.  I think I cry everytime I hear it.

Also I cant leave the computer today, I just need to be here for some reason, I guess for my own grief, memories etc that have been bought to the surface with Colters' passing.

Love to you my dear

#42 gendercindy

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:22 PM

What a beautiful idea...

My heart is so heavy after reading about all of your special angels...I am so sorry for all of your losses.

I lost a twin pregnancy (my 1st pregnancy) 6 years ago.

My first baby was lost at 9 weeks and it was at this time that it was discovered that I had very high blood pressure and a clot in my placenta which was restricting our baby's growth.  The daily stress was immense, never knowing week to week whether our other baby would survive...I was so afraid.

When our baby was 22weeks and on my DH's birthday we were told that our baby's heart had stopped beating...I will never forget  the pain, it consumed me for a long time after the funeral and led to a stomach ulcer.

I have found it very hard to talk about my angels and it is only now that I can without becoming visibly upset.

We love you both, forever and always!
Cindy happy.gif

#43 glimmergal

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:24 PM

Ever since we lost our baby in febuary at 7weeks, reading anothers loss always has me in tears, no matter what stage.

I m/c our valentine angel, 15th feb 06 (started on V.Day)

My heart still trying to mend.
Thank you for the opportunity to share.

#44 Toucan

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

For everyone that needs it today.

#45 Brodies_Mama

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:29 PM

This is such a good idea...I am so very sorry for eveyones loss.  I want to thank-you for sharing your stories, it really makes you stop and appreciate what you have every day.

hugs,
Rach xo

Dearest Mummy,
When you wonder the meaning of life and love
Know that I am with you
Close your eyes and feel me kissing you
In the gentle breeze across your cheek
When you begin to doubt that you shall ever see me again
Quiet your mind and hear me
I am in the whisper of the heavens
Speaking of your love
When you lose your identity
When you question who you are
Where you are going
Open your heart and see me
I am the twinkle in the stars
Smiling down upon you
Lighting the path for your journey
When you awaken each morning
Not remembering your dreams
But feeling content and serene
Know that I was with you
Filling your night with thoughts of me
When you linger in the remnant pain
Wholeness seeming so unfamiliar
Think of me and know that I am with you
Touching you through the shared tears of a gentle friend
Easing the pain
As the sunrise illuminates the desert sky
In that breathtaking glory, awaken your spirit
Think of our time together, all too brief, but ever brilliant
When you were certain of your destiny
Know that God created that moment in time, just for us.
Dearest Mummy, I am with you always

By Joanne Cacciatore

Edited by Brodies_Mama, 20 May 2006 - 08:34 PM.

#46 littleman

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

I would like to add my littlemans name here, there is not a day that goes by that I dont think of you, you were only here for 6 short months, not nearly enough time, all the things you should have been able to do, but we never got the chance...I still cant speak your name with that tightening feeling in my throat, to hold back all the tears.

Do Babies Grow Up In Heaven?

Will I know my baby when we meet again?
Will he have grown up, not be the infant that died in my arms?
Will I recognize him, be able to find him among so many others?
Or will he be a stranger to me, not knowing who I am,
or me knowing him?

Do babies grow up in heaven?
He never got his first tooth, or said his first words.
No first shoes, no Santa, no first birthday cake.
Will my son still be a baby when we meet again?

Who sings him precious lullabies?
Who holds him close and kisses him everyday?
Who tells him constantly that they love him?

When we next meet, will he know me?
Will he want to know me?
Will he be my son who died at six months, or a man, fully grown?
Will I have the joy of being a mother to my son for all eternity?

Will I be able to hold him, love him, sing lullabies to him?
Will I be able to hold his tiny hand, or will it be a man's hand?
Will I ever have the joy that only holding my son can bring?
I need to know! In heaven, is my baby still a baby?
Author Unknown...

And this poem was found by a caring friend...

Loving you is easy,
We do it every day,
Missing you is a heartache,
That never goes away.

When links of life are broken
And a child has to part
There is nothing that will ever heal
A parents broken heart....

Loved with a love beyond telling,
Missed with a grief beyond all tears.

A child that loses a parent is an orphan.
A man who loses his wife is a widower.
A woman who loses her husband is a widow.
There is no name for a parent that loses a child, for there is no word to describe this pain.

A Life may last for just a moment....
but memory can make that moment last forever...

LOVE Always and forever...your mummy xoxoxo

Edited by littleman, 20 May 2006 - 08:52 PM.

#47 *My3Stars*

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

Thank you Melissa for such a beautiful idea to remember all of our precious angels.  My heart aches whenever I hear of another family losing a much loved baby.

I would like to include my son Alex.  He was born on 3 August 2005 at 38.3 weeks by caesarean section.  Alex developed Idiopathic Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of a Newborn (PPHN) and passed away in my arms just two days later on 5 August 2005.  I love and him miss him more with each passing day.

#48 Doppelgänger

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

He hasn't been mentioned yet, so I would like to add,
Tammy's 'Samuel'

R.I.P Samuel 11/5/1994-20/11/2005

He died in his sleep when he was 11. The cause was SADS

http://www.sads.org.au/

-Tina

Edited by huntersmum, 20 May 2006 - 09:20 PM.

#49 Ducky*Fuzz

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

Angelique - your poem is beautiful it bought tears to my eyes.

My heart is so sad for you wonderful ladies even more so for the ones who have more than one angel baby.

Bless you all.

#50 *Jen*

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

There are so many eb angels that came to mind today after hearing of Colters passing. Many websites i have visited after seeing link's in sigs or reading your stories. Many many tears have been shed for you all.
It's also been awhile since i have thought of my own little angel bub lost at 15 weeks, today the painful memories came back.

Thinking of all the mums of precious angel babies. And sending loving thoughts to all those angels who i imagine to be up there having a wonderful time playing together  biggrin.gif

Edited by casandcam, 20 May 2006 - 09:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.