The Birth Of My 2 DD's
The Birth Of My 2 DD's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Loving-Mummy

Posted 30 August 2002 - 07:32 AM

I found out that I was pregnant and both me and hubby were excited but I had to break the news to my parents (OH NO) So I was going out with mum to a court hearing on her brothers murder and both of my Aunties were there as well I thought I had better tell her. When we were by ourselves I told her and she was abit upset but happy then she asked have you told your father and of course I said no then she said you better tell him asap.  Then mum told my Aunties and they were all happy.  So that night both me and my Hubby went to Mum & Dad's for dinner, I told Col that it was his turn to tell my parents so I rushed off to the toilet (I really needed to go) and so Col told dad and all my dad turned around and said was "how did that happen?" it was at the time that the Lynx ad was on tv with the sperm so Col just turned around and said "like that" my dad was upset but he soon got over that.  So we got to the 18 week scan and got told we were having a girl so my mum started to bost to her sister that I was having a girl as her sister has 6 grandsons so she was jealous.  Then I got to about 30 weeks and I started to have high blood pressure so they just monitored it and I was fine until the end when it was getting pretty high and so they decided to induce me (mind you they let me go 2 weeks overdue). So i went in at 7am and they put the gel in at 8am on the 24th of June but nothing was happening so at around 3pm they put another lot of gel in and my mum had finished work by then and she was up at the hospital and I was so embarassed when my waters broke that I waited till my mum had left before I told my hubby what had happened so he went and got the nurse and she came and asked if I was in any pain but I wasn't so that was fine.  Then I got moved to where there was a shower.  I stood in the shower for about 2 hours (or it felt that long) Then moved to another room.  My mum and dad came up after they had dinner and stayed until 1.30am by this time I had no strength left and I had week pelvic floor muscles so I couldn't push her out.  One of the nurses wanted to put a drip in my arm and I soon told her where to go!  In the end I just said get this baby out of me and so they got the Dr. in and he done an episotmy and then started to use the suction but broke it and so he had to use the forceps once Sharna Maree was finally Born 8lb 12oz I was happy in pain but happy but when the Dr. used the forceps he had just missed her eye with them she now has a mark under her eye where the forceps had scratched her.  So he stitched me up and that was the most uncomfortable feeling ever, then had to have a catherdar that was just as bad, then trying to do everything from the bed the nurses hardly helped they took her away for a while so I could get some rest but I just heard her crying so I went down and got her stuck her in bed with me and so we had a nap.  In the morning they took the catherdar out and I said I want to go home and they said I can get a Dr. to come and look at you and let them decide I said yep do that So the peditrian (can't spell it but baby dr.) assess Sharna and said that she was fine and that she could go home but I had to wait around all day until I was seen my hubby had a fight with a nurse as she was telling Col that I coldn't go home because I had not long had the baby so Col told her to check her list and I was on that list so 2pm came around and still nothing and so Col went to check up on it and she said that it was rest time for the mothers and she tried to tell Col to go home and he said I don't think so my wife is coming home today so I am not going  she called the security guards and he just said come in and get me as I am not leaving but they never.  So in the end we ended up leaving as we were leaving my Aunty turned up and same with Mum & Dad.  So then we all went back to my place and they all admired the new bundle of Joy.

Now for the second one we new that announcing this one was going to be easy as I had my 21st Birthday party so we decided to annouce it then.  It came as a surprise but everyone was happy about it but my mum was a bit sh*tty that I didn't tell her first.  The pregnancy was fine to start with but ended up having high blood pressure again so I was monitored but the Dr. at the hospital when I was 39 weeks said that she thought that if left any longer this baby might have been an ever bigger baby.  So she booked me in to be induced on the Thursday 17th May.  So I turned up at 7am again, and I was already Dialated 2cm so they just broke my waters and they said if contractions don't start in 2 hours you will have to go onto the drip (I didn't want that) So me and my hubby went for a walk and he got some breakfast.  We went back to the ward and the nurse said that I had to get the drip put in and go onto the machine for monitoring the midwife that I had was really nice the only thing was she had the flu.  Any way I went into labour about 2 hours after I had the drip put in but the contractions were irregular but they don't classify that as being in labour.  So at about 12 noon They started to become regular and the pains started to increase alot more finally so I was on the gas until I had to push and the nurse turned the gas off without telling me (b**ch)  So I done it all with no drugs so it took only a few pushes and Jayley-Rose was born she was 9lb 3 oz big baby and everyone said that she was born too early as she had still of the white stuff all over her (can't remember what that is called) but I was just happy that she was born happy and healthy and it was my dad's 50th birthday so it was a great present for him she was born on the 17.5.02 at 17.05 (wierd) My dad couldn't wait to get up to the hospital to see Jayley-Rose and my parents had my other little girl Sharna so it was great to see them all I was just glad it was all over.  I left the hospital by 10 am the next morning and I was just sooo Happy to get home and my mum was arranging a surprise party for my dad's B'day and it was being held at my house but mum said she was going to do all the work for it so that was fine, but my MIL couldn't help but her 2 bobs worth in by saying that my mother should have had more sense than to have it at my house but I said to her I told my mother that she could have it here and walked off and went to bed as I ended up sick with the flu from the nurse that had it. My MIL never comes down to help like she says she does she just helps herself to food and what not.

Six weeks after the birth of Jayley-Rose I was diagnosed with cervical  Cancer and it has taken a year to have it removed and now I am just waiting till december to go back and have more tests.

Any way that is my story of what my birth was like for my beautiful girls.

Tanya

Tanya
tanyapartridge@hotmail.com
mum to:
dd Sharna 25/6/99
dd Jayley-Rose 17/5/01

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.