My birth Story
My birth Story

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Eccles_*

Posted 04 September 2002 - 09:39 AM

Well my 1st pregnancy I ended up a beached whale literally.  I was huge and I had fluid so bad that I could not bend any of my joints easily because it was so tight.  This besides it was pretty easy until 6 weeks before my due date my baby tried to come early.  They gave me a needle and some steroids to ensure the lung development and then it stopped...kind of.... Every week for the next four weeks i would end up at the hospital in labour and all systems would be go and then it would stop. This would occur at 2 -3 in the morning. The last time it happened the Dr said you will be holding your baby by tonight. Huh Not me.  i went home and he said if it happens again I would definately be taking a baby home as this was too stressful for everybody.  For the last two weeks I had been 3-4cm dilated and as you can imagine I was very uncomfortable with the sensation that the baby was going to fall out.  I couldn't sit comfortably because of the position!!! Any way two weeks before my due date.  I woke up and had more labour pains.  Now here is the funny bit every other time it had happened everyone was really alert and would jump up and off we would go..not this time.  DH told me can it wait till morning get back into bed!
I said no it can't and anyway he dragged himself out of bed and I went to wake my mum well that was even harder she just wouldn't wake up, but i got there finally.  3 hours later I was holding my baby girl who was very bruised and needed oxygen but was still the most beautiful thing I had seen. original.gif

The second DD came even easier I had nothing up until my due date woke up with twinges at 6am.  Sent DH to work and called him home 2 hours later.  Still nothing major but was uncomfortable.  Went to the hospital who said I was 5cm dilated and had beter stay in although the pain was still nothing major.  Everything slowed down after that and a check at 11.20am showed I was still 5cm so they broke my waters to hurry things up a little.  Well the contractions hurt alot and I asked for an epidural at 11.45am.  They checked me and said too late and push.  at midday my second daughter was born.  It was a little quicker than any one had anticipated.  But after only a 6 hour labour with real pain only for the last 3/4 of an hour who was I to complain?
I am now pregnant again and wondering what the fates have in store for me this time.  I can only hope that have the success that I did with my daughters and have another healthy baby.

Bronwen
mum to
Tiffany (13/07/1997)
Natasha (20/07/2000)

#2 kela4

Posted 06 September 2002 - 02:11 PM

I am always amazed to hear how different labours to the same woman can be.  Congratulations on a lucky run so far and I'm sure the fates will bring you more good fortune with your upcoming birth.

Kel

dd9
ds6
dd4
dd5months (named her Bronwen - love the Welsh spelling)
stepdd11

This message was edited by kela4 on 9-6-02 @ 2:11 PM

#3 miche11e22

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:02 PM

congratulations on the safe and fast arrivals of your babies.  i hope that this pregnancy goes well and the delivery is fast and easy

DD TARA ROSE 01/09/02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.