Seth Charles
Seth Charles

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheGang

Posted 10 September 2002 - 02:11 PM

I was due on the 26 July 2002 with bubs number 4.

At the 18 week scan it showed that my placenta was low lying so I was booked in for another scan at 32weeks.  

The 32 week scan showed up no sign of placenta praevia with the placenta clear of the os.

At 38 weeks I had the first show.  These shows continued daily.  I also had severe diarrhea with constant braxton hicks and the feeling that bubs was going to fall out.  Throughout this bubs head was no where near engaging (aparently this is usual with subsequent pregnancies).  At this time I told hubby there was no way I was going through this again.  It was the worst time that I have ever had.

At 40 weeks I had an appointment at the hospital who indicated that I would be left until 42 weeks then an induction booked.  I practically begged for an induction then and there but they wouldn't budge.

At 40 weeks 1 day I ended up at the hospital with a severe migraine.  They couldn't find anything wrong and I went back home again.

At 40 weeks 3 days I spent the day at my work completing a final handover with my replacement.  That night I thought that I must finally be in labour as the contractions were coming every 5 minutes and were painful.  While folding the washing I felt a pop and what I thought were my waters breaking.  I went to the toilet and a gush (seemed to be a huge amount) of blood came out.  I couldn't stop the blood and felt really faint.  I lay on the floor and yelled for hubby.  He happened to be on the phone and sent one of our older boys in (poor kids).  When hubby came in the look on his face was priceless.  I don;t think that he has ever ended a conversation so quickly!!

He called an ambulance as we couldn't stop the blood and it was obvious that I was hemoragging (sp).

After a rough trip to the hospital we finally arrived.  They put me on a monitor.  I was contracting almost non stop but when they did an internal I was not dilated.

After some discussion the Doctor indicated that I needed an emergency C Section as bubs was in danger.

4 minutes after the spinal was inserted Seth Charles was born.  He was 7lb 10oz, 52 cms long with a 36cm head.  His apgars where 9 and 9.

Apparently the bleeding was caused by a grade 2/3 placental praevia and placental abruption.  There is no reason to believe that this would ever happen again.

Seth is fine and healthy.  I ended up with 2 infections in the wound but am feeling that if that is the price to pay for Seth being here then so be it.

If we decide to have more bubbies I will definately go for a VBAC as I found the recovery difficult with 3 other kidsa at home.

Take Care and give all your bubbies a kiss and revel in their being healthy!!

Deb
Mum to:
Brendon John 28.10.88
Andrew Joseph 01.03.91
Isaac Henry 23.03.01
Seth Charles 29.07.02

#2 Elfling

Posted 10 September 2002 - 04:13 PM

Congratulations on the arrival of your fourth little man!

Thanks so much for sharing your story.  I hope you and your family are well and enjoying Seth!

Elfling
Mother-to-be
Expecting Bailey 18/12/02

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.