Benjamin James
Benjamin James

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lep_78

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:33 PM

Benjamin James born 05-04-2004 at 1818 8pounds 1oz 53.5cm and head circumfrence of 36.5cm
Benjamin is doing very well, sleeping well, but he certainly isnt a boob man! wont go any where near them, guess he knows its much easier to get the breast milk out of a bottle!!!
must admit that after being induced on the sunday night (4-4-04) and having the gels at 12am and 4am and my waters broken at 0800, i guess the contraction pains are something that you cant explain. not going into establlished labour -  the drip was started around 1pm and i had an epidural inserted. i think that i would not have been able to do it otherwise because benjamin was posterior and boy cound i feel it in my back - and i was positive the epidural wasnt working!!!! but they tell me it was! and after only 6 hours of established labour little Benjamin was born 8pounds 1oz. second stage labour was only 18 minutes so cant complain about that for a first baby. Although the birth went ok, poor old Benjamin had a tear in his cord and was loosing blood as he crowned - which meant a nice episiotomie for me and lots of pushing to get him out quickly beacuse of the bleeding. rather scary time as he only had an apgar of 4 at 5 mins and 7 at ten mins because of the blood loss. Benjamin was seen be a fabulous peadiatrician and was admitted to the Neo natal intensive care unit over night for monitoring and some fluids because of the blood loss. but being the champion boy that he is -he bounced back quickly and was back with his mum and dad the next day no worse for wear! and now there is no looking back. scary as it was at the time, i wouldnt heasitate doing it again. Labour is such an unknown thing for those of us that havnt been there before that all i can say is just trust in your body and the staff looking after you and everything will hopefully go as you expected, remembering that a healthy baby and mother are the most important thing in the end!

Fiona 32
DH 32
TTC #1 2years
M/C Jan 17th 81/2 weeks
Clomid sucess 3rd cycle post M/C
Benjamin James born 05-04-2004

#2 Tealdash

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:28 PM

Congratulations on the safe arrival of Benjamin!! He sounds adorable!!!!

Take Care

Nicole

ME Nicole
DP Steve
DD Jessica 04/04/03

~To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you may be the world...~

#3 waddles75

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:17 PM

Congrats on your bubby boy! I am glad you are both safe and sound!
Well done original.gif

Kind Regards
Kirsty
DS1 Jude 30/6/02
DS2 Beau 02/4/04

#4 Guest_shari_*

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:51 PM

Just wanted to say WOW Congratulations original.gif

#5 Guest_Sonb_*

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:28 AM

What a fantastic name you've chosen!

Congratulations.

Son

Sonja 30
Michael 33
DS Benjamin James 12/07/03

#6 **Laura**

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:37 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the world Benjamin.  Gotta agree, a great name!

Benjamin James 22/5/03

#7 PETAS

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

Congratulations! It's almost a great name (Ha Ha), my Boy is Benjamin JOSEPH, well done to all the mum's of Ben's!!

PETA
EDD 25/12/2003 (DS 7/1/2004)
I'm a Mummy!
Benjamin Joseph Goodyer  
http://www.babiesonl...ies/b/bennyjoe/

Happy Baby

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/b/bennyjoe/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.