3 years, 3 mths ago today...
3 years, 3 mths ago today...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 YoungOzzieMum

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:15 PM

my darling DS was born.

Please excuse the lateness of this post, but when my DS was born, I had no idea about EB.  I have been reading all the birth stories and would like to share mine.  So, here goes......

According to my last U/S, I was due 11.06.01.  I was now 3 days overdue.  I had an ob appointment at 2:00pm on Thursday, 14.06.01.  When I went, I said to the ob that I was having period type pains and he told me not to worry as they were only braxton hicks.  He did an internal, and he said that bubs could come anytime, as his head was down, and was "ready".  Also at this appointment, he complained that we had fallen behind on his payments.  He said if I hadn't had bubs by the following Wed, (20.06), that I would be induced, and also, if we weren't up to date with the payments that he would not be able to delivery my baby!  I complained once again of the pains, and he ignored me and sent me on my way.  On the way home, I cried!  I told DH (then DP), that I didn't want him to deliver my baby anyway, after the way I was just treated he did not make me feel comfortable AT ALL!
So, the pains continued all day, and by 6 that night, I was timing them, and graphing them as to intensity and times etc.  During the evening they got worse, by 8:00 DH was massaging me and the only place I felt comfortable was sitting on the floor with my back straight against the cupboard.
When it got to about 9:30, DH said take some Panadol (wonderful ante-natal classes NOT) and try and get some rest.  YEAH RIGHT!!!!  I went and had a hor shower, stayed there until the water went cold and got out.  It was so good in there!
The pains continued, everyone went to bed (we were living at my IL's), which I couldn't believe!  Then DH got into bed, I tried but could't lay still, but DH went to sleep!!!!!!!!  I was so shocked!  I couldn't get over the fact that everyone had gone to bed and gone to sleep while this was happening!  I paced the house, had more showers, sat on the couch in the living room.  The pain was getting unbearable!  I asked DH if we should go to the hospital, he asked if my waters had broken, they hadn't.  This happened about 4 times!  The pain was getting to much, I called the hospital, the midwife suggested to take some Panadol and get some rest!  YEAH RIGHT.  She said if the pain keeps getting worse, then to call again.  An hour later I called again(like 1:30am),and she said to go in as I couldn't take it anymore.  So got DH out of bed, grabed the bag, and on our way out the door, he stuck his head in the IL's bedroom and said "We are going to the hospital", to which his mum whispers back "good luck".
I was admitted at 2am.  I stated that I did not want my ob there.  She said we have to call him, but we will tell him you don't him.  She asked why, we explained and she said fair enough.  So we took the one on duty, he came in at 6am, did an internal, 1cm dilated. The midwife cam in at about 6:30 and said "your parents are here.  I thought she meant the IL's, but no, it was my mum and dad.  They had driven the hour up the highway after laying in bed since 2:00am after I called telling them we were going to the hospital.
8am, waters still hadn't broken, so he helped them along with what looked like a huge knitting needle. Felt this massive gush!
The rest from there is just a bit of a blur.  I was high on the gas (I remember asking the midwife at about 5:00am if she could turn it up higher and was disappointeed when she said it was as high as it could go.)  I rember getting a shot of pethadine, and it was soooooooooooo much better, I also remember throwing up after having something to eat.  I was so hungry by 11:00am!  When the ob broke my waters, I remember his saying that we would be meeting our baby between 2:00pm and 4:00pm.  My parent swere rapt that they were going to be there.  4:00pm came and went, 5:00pm mum and dad said they had better head home for my brother and sister.  Not much happened between then and about midnight.  My SIL  (Dh's sister came in as another support person), she ended up falling asleep in the recliner chair.  Then midnight came, and things started going full throttle.  I was pushing with the contractions, walking here and there, I remember abusing the midwife and asking her if she had kids, she said on to which I replied that's ok then!  I was pushing, but nothing was happeneing!  She called the ob at about 2am, said things were happening but not to rush, by 4am, he still wasn't there, she called him again, tol me he was on his way.  He got there at about 5:15am.  Checked me out, I was still only 6cm dilated, he abused the midwife for not telling him the first time she called there were complications.  Upon further inspection, DS's head was up way to high (the b*tch had told me earlier that she see it, LIAR!), considered the idea of forceps or vacuum, but looke again and the head was to high for that, so the only alternatice was a c-section!  Called in all the appropraite people, the anathetist (sp?) came in, had a go at the midwife again becasue she had mucked up the drip she had put in when we got there on the Friday morning, and then hadn't turned it off which made everyone of my contractions worse!  So I was prepped for surgery, wheeled down to theatre, all the way feeling the urge to push!  Went into theatre, they put the epidural in, and it wsa a rush of relief!
I went numb (awesome feeling) felt a bit of pulling and tugging, and my gorgeous DS was born, but not breathing!  He had to be resusatated (sp?), which took a minute, then we were handed our darling little boy!
He was born at 6:38am on 16.06.01.  his nanny's 50th birthday.
They reckon that there was no way I could have had him naturally.  He was born 10lb 8oz, 57cm long!  And they were cursing my ob for not realising this fact.
Needless to say, he didn't recieve the rest of his money and when I was threatened with legal action, I advised his solicitors of what happened and that if it proceeded, that I wuld have him sued for malpractice as he put my babies live at risk.. Haven't heard anymore about it!

Sorry it is sooooooo long, and there are a few bits I left out!

Robyn
DS Nathon Kristofer (16 June 01)
Also known on the boards as Robbie_81

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...  but while we are here we might as well dance!"

#2 mumto2bratz-1angel

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:03 PM

Wow what a story i am so glad that it all went well in the end and i don't blame you for going off at that OB either!  I would have done the same thing had i been in your place! My lil man was bornin Nov 01!! So similar in ages!!

Narna
xoxo

Narna - 22
Mathew (DP) - 26
Reece (DS) - 2
Montaya (DD) - 8 months

#3 YoungOzzieMum

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:20 PM

There was something I left out of my original post that I thought might give you a laugh!

After I had my second shot of pethadine, with all the drugs in my systems I started tripping out big time!

DH says (to this day still) that at one point I was sitting on the bed calling my cat over!  Sooty, puss, puss, puss, come here puss, puss! (My mother confirms this!)
I told DH that Cathy Freeman was dead, and there was a letter on top of the tv at home explaining why and I asked DH to change the channel on the TV as Carlton had won the footy (there was no TV in my room, it had been taken out to be repaired!)

Thought you might get a bit of a laugh out of that!

Robyn
DS Nathon Kristofer (16 June 01)
Also known on the boards as Robbie_81

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...  but while we are here we might as well dance!"

#4 Guest_BumpmeK_*

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:37 PM

Great story Robyn.... original.gif

Thanks for sharing!

[color=blue]Tammy(24) & Stewart(31)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/abbottjenkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.